Resolve

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Lithinor Member

so crit mit 2.0 huh? is that why ToT was the way it was? lol... how to make a a bad idea seem better, implement an even worse idea before hand so people will praise you when you come back with a rehashed bad idea lolol you guys are the best trolls i know /golf clap
    RedBB likes this.
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

That's like saying “But the Runes with the effects are also available in the GU100 content ” or even saying "the ethereal war runes are in KP contested, just go get them if you want 'em." I hope, for the sake of my sanity, that plenty of testing/forethought has gone into assigning RSTAT numbers to each boss/mob vs. the currently equipped gear on the average heroic player(s).
    Farming the solo GU100 zones to get the bis resolve gear so I can run the heroics (vis a vis fabled eof) would make me the sad.
  3. Lea Plath Active Member

OK. The fact this stat is hidden unless you use the predator ability implies to me this isn't a dynamic mechanic.

Seriously DB, you are making crit mit 2.0 combined with crit chance.

Right now all you can do is gear check and stack buffs. If you get rid of things like the auto attack multipliers/potency buffs/damage reductions/stone skins in mobs, and replace it with Resolve, you have so much more interesting stuff going on.

I'll take my example further. If you give temp buffs resolve it changes the state of the mechanics in a way I think would be super interesting. This could be taken further, charms that can be activated on allies more for resolve. Timing the temp buffs. HM level gear making EM that much easier etc.
  4. Neiloch Well-Known Member

You mean exactly like the damage and defense buffs we already have? You just suggested that resolve work like every other stat which would completely defeat the purpose of adding it.

Resolve will 'bottle' all other stats and since it is completely new and doesn't exist on old skills, items or buffs (like crit chance did) it will be stupid easy to balance. They basically gave up on balancing with other stats but now they can just throw them inside this extremely predictable stat and balance that instead.

They could have pieces that give 1k more potency but they will mean nothing if you don't have enough resolve. They could also crank up the 'resolve requirement' on a mob super high and then the only pieces that have enough resolve are ones with no blue stats and lower green stats if they wanted to, and we'd have to wear it to kill that mob.

Best case: they keep increasing stats we care about but just don't have to worry about it as much since the majority of balance will rest on properly tuning Resolve.

Worst case: they actually start lowering the stats we care about on resolve items while forcing us to use them making us feel LESS powerful with these 'resolve upgrades.' An inverse growth with resolve going up and other stats going down. Just FYI dev(s), players will never see higher resolve at the expense of other stats as a fun upgrade.
    "Cool, I lost 20 pot/CB and 10 DPS but I gained 3 Resolve." <-Only way you'll see something like that is a player being bitter and sarcastic. Sure content progression players will see it as an upgrade, but they won't happy about it.

This is going to be a nightmare for raiding guilds. Just like with crit mit, whether or not a person can join our raid force will be dependent on how much 'resolve' they already have and if they don't have enough we will either have to turn them away or equip them ourselves before we even know how they perform on relevant content. I already know this will happen because it happened with crit mit and crit chance. But back then you could just top load yourself with crit chance and crit mit adorns to at least survive and function in higher end raids even if you don't perform equally as well.

I hope a proper DF is coming after this at least, then they can use resolve as the 'gear check.'
    Faelen, Prissetta and Xillean like this.
  5. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Does this include the KP Contested dropped runes? As the old ethereal weapons won't have the stat, please don't tell me that the countless hours I have spent farming Contested to get the runes to replace the weapons was all for naught.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

They weapons will have resolve, why would the runes that go into the weapons also need resolve?
  7. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

I am referring to the ethereal weapons prior to ToT (i.e. Fai thass, Li Fan, Vashti, etc) and the respective ethereal runes of the current expansion. See quote below:

8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I know what you're talking about. But the new weapons that the ethereal runes go INTO already have resolve on them. Why would the runes themselves need 'more' of the stat?
  9. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

I believe you misunderstood the question. As I have the ethereal runes, as well as some of the old weapons, I want to make sure that my current ToT runes are going to 'work' in the new weapons, i.e. expansions many releases ago with yellow and red slots, now we have only white, purple and cyan.

It was only stated that runes with similar effects would be available in the update, not that they were the same as KPC runes or that they would fit in the 'new' weapons available in the 'new' zones.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've seen some cyan runes while testing content and some nice infusers. But I'm testing mostly solo, and focusing on questlines.

Don't angst about it. At this point, it is too late for them to start changing itemization for LU100.

Instead, figure out what you need from your adorns. Write it down in simple bullet points. Hang onto that, then wait to see what we get from LU100. If your needs are not met, THEN open a ticket on the DBG Issue Tracker (link is in my sig box below) and put in a ticket, using your clear requirement list. And get your friends to upvote the issue.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Dotuming Active Member

At this point, I no longer care what new stat they come up with as long as they get rid of the group proc/raid proc items and reduce the lag period.
    Xillean, Jrel, Yoube and 2 others like this.
  12. Therein Active Member

There are some serious issues that need to come to light with considering something like this. First off, if current content is going to remain relevant, does that mean they are going to ignore a player's resolve? Or are you going to go back and retune the content to retrofit the new found defenses of players? It has been stated that the mobs won't have resolve in ToT, but how will it be handled the other way around? We have already seen one wave of regearing current content without retuning it.

Given that the new mobs will take less damage from players, are you going to implement resolve debuffs to certain classes? Will stats be so inflated that we feel like we have progressed as characters? Are we going to see heavy resolve gear with lesser stats that we have to stack? Are we going to have to wear, and I shudder when I say this, resolve purple adorns?

There are a lot more bad ways to implement a stat like this than there are good ways. There wouldn't be quite the uproar based on sheer speculation if we were actually given time to properly test the mechanic.
  13. Canth Active Member

Well, if the issues on DGC issue tracker got done, I might maybe have a touch of confidence in this method, but since the issue with the largest number of votes on it currently, the melee priest cloak with doublecast, hasn't had any official movement other than 'reviewed by moderator', I actually have zero confidence in this method.
    Malleria, Healious, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  14. Gninja Developer

ToT bosses will not use the resolve stat but they will drop items that have resolve. Current ToT encounters you are fighting now should be no different after the GU100 update than they were before the GU100 update.

There are no resolve debuffs.

Resolve on items will not take away from anything else on the items. Its an independent stat and you will not need to put on items with way lower stats just to have enough resolve to fight new encounters. As long as you have items from the content previous to what you want to fight you should be okay to fight it.

There are not resolve adornments.

The resolve mechanic is being tested during our closed beta testing for GU100. It is also available on the test server for those who call that server home. However, the raid zone is not available on test.
    Neiloch likes this.
  15. Silzin Active Member

Even if Resolve is implemented Proficiently and is seamless to 99% of players... it is at least going to force all players out of there gear from Last Tear... like all of the nice Myth Weapons, the Tank BP's, the Debuff Ear's... the really nice peaces that high end players get and still use will be forced out of end game playing.

I dont like it, but i understand its need... but i still really do not like it.
  16. Lea Plath Active Member

I meant on mobs.

Lots of mobs, when they enrage have attack damage multipliers or reductions etc. I am saying best case for me, would be when a mod enrages or puts up a damage reduction like that, it would instead gain resolve. In a way players can see.

Then, if abilities like Chime of Blades/Time Warp/whatever gave Resolve to the group you would have this new element of play. Do you save your temps for the enrage to survive better, or use them when the going is good for max damage.
  17. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

That sums it up perfectly, and I'm sure that's how its intended to function. However, considering that every 1 point of resolve below the target amount translates to 1% increase in damage received (and dealt)... and each player buffs the raid by 10%? Kinda makes the stat not so "extremely predictable" in the pessimistic corners of imagination... Say you're fighting a tough mob that you barely meet the resolve requirement for. At 3/4 of the way through the fight with a good pull, someone in the raid dies/goes linkdead... poof. Now the whole raid is taking 10% more damage, and people start getting one-shot, especially groups without a shaman, since non-shamans have fairly few tools to survive damage amounts in excess of player HP (which is a major theme in recent/current raid content). It's already difficult to recover from losing a person on a tough raid fight, this will make it yet more so.

In a way it seems... if the original "layer" of stats aren't balanced... these second layer stats (Fervor and Resolve) that scale the original layer may only serve to magnify the imbalance.

Of course, I'm reserving judgement until I can see it in action for myself once it hits open beta on Thursday :p
    Yoube likes this.
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Personally I really dislike the idea of resolve buffs from raid members. Sure use gear checks on fights, but don't punish people for someone going link dead or raids not having enough members to fully fill. There are enough penalties associated with those occurrences as it is.

Surely adding more buffs and more checks to calculations is not good for raid lag either?...
    Healious, Xillean, Mermut and 3 others like this.
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The issue with the largest number of votes is the one requesting that mercs bought with DBC be heirloom....
  20. Thand Well-Known Member

The problem is there are items from the Last expansion that are Superior to what you can get in this expansion, such as rumceller raid belts, Ossurary crown, relics etc. It s basically just a way to slow down the progression some at the upper end. Se the problem will not come in the gu100 but in the Next real expansion. All they have to do then is Triple the resolve needed for raid mobs and Da tah a complete gear reset without increasing other stats, as Raider are force to so Solo lines and farm heroics since they last expansions gear is now semi useless.
    So over all it is a way to slow down the progression of raid guilds