Resolve

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Anunnaki Active Member

The only items from the previous xpac worth wearing are belt/cloak and Ethereal Weapons. Not sure why anyone would wear Ossuary hats with Duck hats in game that are fairly easy to get. And honestly, the only reason people still wear the belt/cloak is because they didnt carry the flurry + doublecast ones forward (which they should have.) These are better for less than half of the classes.

We all know what the "outrage" is about: Ethereal Weapons. People don't want to remove them, and I don't blame them. The best way to fix this is to make the effects far more available than they are currently in ToT contested.

I also am not totally opposed to gating mobs behind gear checks, so long as there is a logical progression. That way you can't power through all the raid zones in 1 month (like multiple guilds did in ToT) wearing little more than previous xpac gear and possibly some AS upgrades. It also forces the people who want to raid to actually have to play the game if they want to raid, which would help middle of the pack guilds out a lot IMO.

I just want them to actually test stuff out to ensure it works before it is put in game. Fervor is the perfect example of how new effects can get screwed up (it *still* has a ton of problems.)
    Yoube, Beee and -Soteria- like this.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

One of the few things they have said consistently is they want to reward and encourage full raids and raid class diversity. This is a very heavy handed way to benefit a full raid with less 'class doubles' much more than a 'lesser' raid.

So far it seems like they are doing the 'right thing', new items with resolve that are ALSO upgrades in other stats while simultaneously getting rid of procs. I saw some procs on weapons still but that was always part of the original plan: procs only on weapons, MAYBE on charms and none on the rest of gear.

The only missing piece is 'ethereal rune' availability which I haven't seen one way or the other, but their availability is going to have to be some where around "Lacerator" level and NOT exclusively from those wide awake nightmare 'key chests'
    Darkstar and Yoube like this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'd assume that having the same class in a raid the resolve buff will still stack, otherwise it's a truly ridiculous change. Struggling with a mob? Drop your 2nd troub/dirge/coercer/illy and bring in a bruiser, swash, pally and Bl!

Promoting full raids should be done by encounter difficulty and scripting, rather than fake checks. All this way will probably lead to is people standing an afk toon with the raid for the added resolve.
  4. Luciuz Active Member

I'm sure there will be items that will have false descriptions and resolve not being applied to the character. Ironic name. ;)
  5. RedBB Active Member

Patience increased (50/500). You are seriously trying mine daybreak. Screw this gating mechanic. Let the strats matter not the gear. I will wait for the next REAL xpac and skip this turd altogether. I remember oh so well how critmit v1 mucked things up. Well intuitive or not it was a bad idea then and it's a bad idea now. Definitely going to sit this one out.
  6. Reevar Active Member

Guessing this will put an end to "This mob is easier to kill with two groups" you guys stand outside, and soloing heroic and contested names. Probably will mean no more running in soloing one mob and then flopping for shinny's in heroics also.
  7. Kham Active Member

Who said that the class resolve buffs wont stack?
  8. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

You know what would encourage raid class diversity? Class balance! I would still be playing Inquisitor if it was viable. Nobody wants to play a class that serves no purpose except to give the raid 10% resolve...

I sincerely hope the resolve buffs stack within class...
  9. Xper Well-Known Member

Sadly they don't. Unless they change their mind between this morning and release / post-release.
  10. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I suppose I just assumed since it said 'all classes' and there would be easier ways to handle giving out a resolve buff based on raid size. Can't confirm one way or the other.

EDIT:
    Or that. I'm so good with game design its like i'm psychic :p
  11. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Not allowing resolve buffs to stack within class is pretty frustrating. In an already lower-than-we'd-like population game, it could be a pretty toxic experience for players. I suggest a little bit of consideration be given to this. At minimum, a happy-medium that says "up to 2 per specific class" would seem a fair middle ground. That allows for 2 dirges / 2 troubs etc, but also forces a bit of a disadvantage if a guild wants to run 4 furies cause cloak or something.
  12. Thand Well-Known Member

Unfortunate the raid force i run with raids at 2 am to 5 am est M F morning. So we usually Barely get 3 groups. Due to lack of people available to raid at those hours.
  13. Gninja Developer

The required amount of resolve on bosses (especially raids) takes into account that some classes will be repeated within a raid. It is NOT balanced for having 24 different classes in your raid force.
    Mogrim and Xillean like this.
  14. RedBB Active Member

Sorry ninja but I still say this is a BAD BAD BAD BAD idea.
  15. Vunder Well-Known Member

yuk. just. Yuk.

More stats to worry about.

Might as well add an item score number to each gear piece and do a combined gear score to enter a raid zone at this rate.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  16. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I am optimstic this seems a lot worse than it will end up being in practice.
    Vunder likes this.
  17. Vunder Well-Known Member

I'm just having flashbacks of the CM fiasco.
  18. Genghes Active Member

There is a lot of speculation about a stat that hasn't even been player tested in raid yet. Is it crit MIT no, is it similar... A little bit. Why not wait till we all go into raid zones on Thursday and test it out before this post reaches 20 pages. Constant complaints about a stat that we only know of in theory is just noise and not impactful.
    Ratitz likes this.
  19. Heck62 Active Member

It might be okay,but not allowing resolve to stack will possibly result in loss of raid spots.Everybody likes their bards.
  20. Entropy Well-Known Member

Adding Resolve on items, forcing players to shed old xpac gear and stay on progression trains = fine, ok, whatever. We'll get rid of our old ethereals. We get it.

Also adding Resolve as class-unique raid buffs, requiring guilds to minimize class repetition and penalizing Shorthanded runs = WHY WOULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK THIS IS OK OR FUN IN THE LEAST BIT?

Seriously, please reconsider this before this goes live. Remove the raid buff part of this, and balance it around gear only. There should be ZERO penalty for running shorthanded or running multiples of the same class. I don't think the devs understand just how un-fun this sounds.
    Xillean and Billyrayy like this.