Requests from a Master Weaponsmith

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Troubor, Mar 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Maybe, but depending on how much +spell damage a player is running, a permanent effect is less likely to go over cap, and would make deciding between that and, say, something with +50 permanent spell damage or +50 permanent healing, much easier to do.

Not counting proc rate modifiers, these are effectively +43 spell damage and heal amount anyway. I'd rather it say +43 spell damage and heal amount.
  2. ARCHIVED-Brizzy Guest

Eriol wrote:
    As an assassin, I'm not afraid of a positional proc - if my tank can't hold aggro, I'm probably not playing with the right tank. And I can turn off auto attack until the tank regains aggro - and if he can't, again, I'm probably not with the right tank.

As a guardian alt, I'm not afraid of a positional proc - if I can't hold aggro, I'm not doing my job. And I can avoid hitting the detaunt proc by being aware of the situation and repositioning myself so I'm in front of the mob again - this is where player skill separates the good from the bad.

As a weaponsmith, I'm really, REALLY interested in some of these changes. I don't think this goes far enough - whetstones are an excellent first step toward a consumable market that would make WS truly viable - but I won't knock these changes one bit.
  3. ARCHIVED-evilgamer Guest

Combining threat increase/decrease is a bad idea.
    Seperate them, everyone except tanks will get the decreasers, tanks will buy both and use the increasers when tanking and decreasers when not tanking.
    Most tanks will make a macro that will switch em out incase the main tank dies and they need to get aggro.
    That should increase sales.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

On another note...anyone else notice some of the older weapons that were once removed making a comeback :)
    incarnadine flamberge 1H Weapon 1HS - Sword Primary/Secondary 1.6 75.4 50 0 0 0 50 90 90
    incarnadine sai 1H Weapon 1HP - Dagger Primary/Secondary 3 75.4 35 35 35 0 0 80 80
    incarnadine assault axe 1H Weapon 1HS - Axe Primary/Secondary 5 75.4 50 0 50 0 0 90 90
    incarnadine javelin 1H Weapon 1HP - Dagger Primary/Secondary 5 75.4 50 0 50 0 0 90 90
    incarnadine short spear 1H Weapon 1HP - Dagger Primary/Secondary 3 75.4 50 0 50 0 0 90 90
    incarnadine spatha 1H Weapon 1HS - Sword Primary/Secondary 5 75.4 35 0 35 0 35 80 80
    incarnadine sabre 1H Weapon 1HP - Rapier Primary/Secondary 5 75.4 35 0 35 0 35 80 80
    incarnadine scourge 1H Weapon 1HB - Hammer Primary/Secondary 5 75.4 35 0 35 0 35 80 80
    incarnadine hand axe 1H Weapon 1HS - Axe Primary/Secondary 3 75.4 35 0 35 0 35 80 80
    incarnadine claymore 2H Weapon 2HS - Great Sword Two-Handed 6 99 85 0 0 0 85 150 150
    incarnadine lance 2H Weapon 2HP - Great Spear Two-Handed 6 99 55 55 55 0 0 150 150
    incarnadine tulwar 2H Weapon 2HS - Great Sword Two-Handed 6 99 55 0 55 0 55 150 150
    incarnadine great sword 2H Weapon 2HS - Great Sword Two-Handed 6 99 55 0 55 55 0 150 150

And some new weapons being introduced? ;)
    incarnadine parrying blade 1H Weapon 1HP - Dagger Primary/Secondary 3 75.4 35 0 35 0 35 80 80
    incarnadine tribal spear 1H Weapon 1HP - Dagger Primary/Secondary 3 75.4 35 0 35 35 0 80 80
    incarnadine quillion dagger 1H Weapon 1HP - Dagger Primary/Secondary 5 75.4 55 0 0 55 0 90 90
    incarnadine sledgehammer 2H Weapon 2HB - Great Hammer Two-Handed 6 99 55 0 55 0 55 150 150
    hidebound whip 1H Weapon 1HS - Sword Primary/Secondary 5 75.4 0 0 0 50 50 90 90
    incarnadine spiked hammer 2H Weapon 2HB - Great Hammer Two-Handed 6 99 55 0 55 55 0 150 150
    incarnadine gavel 1H Weapon 1HB - Hammer Primary/Secondary 5 75.4 35 0 35 35 0 80 80
  5. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    QFE. This is so obvious it must be a mistake.

On another note, it'd be nice to have a one-handed axe with AGI on it. The only one-handed axes are STR/STA/5s, STR/STA/3s, and a single STR/STA/INT axe. An AGI/STA or STR/AGI axe would be nice.

Powers &8^]

Edit: I'd also like to suggest that the caster-effect modifier not be "blessed". It seems like an adjective that might be used for other purposes and thus be confusing. (It also implies a "good" (as opposed to evil) effect. It would be odd to have Inquisitors and Necromancers asking for blessed weapons!) Other options could be "spirited", "permeated", or "infused".
  6. ARCHIVED-Youngone31 Guest

Kaisha@Permafrost wrote:
    I must have misread the stats on this. I though it was str/wis/int. If it is str/sta/wis then I have to say that I take back what I said earlier about liking it. Lose the sta and replace it with int. That would make it a better druid weapon, that is if this weapon is intended for druids.
    Honestly, I would still like to be able to make the old imbued weapons that just proced damage. The only difference is that I would like to be able to decide if the weapon proced for a melee or spell casting.
    Last thing is that I always though that weapons should augment people abilities. The spellbinder's staff and one of the monk weapons did this. The staff had +5 to focus or disruption, I forget which. You may want to consider adding littles bonuses to all of the basic weapons. Pluses to agression, focus, disruption and such.
    Oh and one more thing... I take it that we will still be able to adorn these weapons???
  7. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

The Flamberge needs looked at too
    incarnadine flamberge 1H Weapon 1HS - Sword Primary/Secondary 1.6 75.4 50 0 0 0 50 90 90

This NEEDS to be a 2h Weapon. Other than the Claymore, this is the biggest nastiest intimidating sword ever made!
    [IMG]
    So:
    2h Weapon 2HS - Sword Two-Handed 7 delay, 102.1 with 65 STR, 35 STA, 35 INT 110/110 power/health
  8. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Youngone31 wrote:
    I approve of this request! :p

Scimitar should be a STR/WIS/INT weapon
  9. ARCHIVED-Kenban Guest

As a ranger I still can't see myself using any of the weapons. The gleaming strike proc says any successful attack but that was changed some time ago so melee weapons do not proc off of ranged combat. Which is why I was hoping for something other then a proc as an effect. When most of my damage comes from ranged combat I need to use one of the few weapons that actually helps that damage which is why many rangers still use "The Maestro's Flame" from Castle Mistmoore since it adds damage on all combat arts and it does not matter if they are ranged or melee.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Kenban wrote:
    Question: Why would your weapons proc when using a bow at range?

Seriously, it makes no sense. Your not using the weapon, why would it proc when using ranged? Thats why there is proc effects on Ranged Weapons now...
    Swords, Clubs, Hammers, Axes are for melee combat not ranged combat (unless you have throwing weapons but those are another story)...
    I just don't see the logic in griping about melee weapons proc'ing on Ranged Attacks....makes no sense at all....
  11. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Youngone31 wrote:
    I like the scimitar the way it is. It now has "Melee Warden" stats. Scimitar-as-druid-weapon goes back to D&D/AD&D1, whose druids (protector of nature, preserver of balance) are most like EQ2 wardens. EQ2 furies (who subject nature to their will for its destructive forces) now have a whip as their 1H "sword" with INT/WIS. A whip is an animal handler's tool; representing subjugation of nature. I approve on role-playing grounds. (Though a second curved sword with INT/WIS would be acceptable as well, if the furies who aren't me are all up in arms about not having a metal weapon. (I've got both a fury and warden alt.))

I would like to see more INT/WIS weaponry in general for the caster-priests. Right now, the only INT/WIS weapons I see are the wand, whip, and kris. The whip is a sword, so it's fury-only, and the kris is a dagger, so usable by no priests. So, the hammer-wielding or spear-wielding set have no choices at all; every nuking healer has to carry a wand, which is traditionally a mage's weapon. Strange, from a role-playing perspective. Could we get a 1H spear with INT/WIS (I notice the leafblade is gone, so there's a 1H-Spear graphical model available), and maybe get the battle hammer or sceptre back as INT/WIS (or INT/WIS/STA) weapons?

And, whassup with a STR/WIS "quillion dagger"? No wisdom-requiring class can wield a dagger, unless this update is also making paladins dagger/dual-wielding capable (and I hope that's not the case). Even the kris is a bit odd; INT/WIS might be useful for some mages, but I think they'd rather have the INT/STA ritual dagger... so I foresee zero sales of quillion daggers and effectively zero sales of krises (how do you pluralize that?)
  12. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Briz@Butcherblock wrote:
    I would say the choice is between having no hate modifiers at all, or hate modifiers as is. Separating them is not an option at this time. And I have to say that I quite like the element of skill and understanding that the hate modifiers add. It adds a fairly unique effect to the crafted weapons as well as helping lower level players understand their positioning tactics better. If a tank loses aggro, all he has to do is use his taunts, and if necessary run around to the front of the mob till he regains it. The amount of hate these procs modify should not be making or breaking the balance, just adding a nice boost. And, by having a bit of a balance and requiring the wielders to actually be paying attention, we can make the weapon's effects a bit more interesting. If you're a mage/healer who just can't stop stealing aggro, then go for the blessing imbue.

To answer some of the other questions: The wooden weapons in this list would be going to the woodworkers. The direct damage effect does now go off for all attacks, not just melee. Should be possible to look into changing the scimitar. The short sword/long sword thing definitely looks like an oops. "Blessed" can apply to evil gods just as much as good gods, it just means "granted god's favor". The flamberge appears to be a 1H weapon in Norrath (check the junk weapon NPC merchants to confirm) which is why it remained the same here, I have aimed to be consistent in name and wield type with the standards already in game as far as possible.
  13. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    Why shouldn't there be a proc on a melee weapon that has the opportunity to go off on a successful ranged attack? I don't know about you but my Ranger uses a magic bow - and magic weapons, why wouldn't they proc and effect from a ranged attack? I for one am glad to finally see somthing like this implemented - Thanks Domino.
    If you follow your logic above why does a melee weapon proc on a successful spell - the spell is not hitting the mob with the weapon - the caster doesn't even have to have their autoattack on to proc the effect?
    One of the dirks from Rok gives a 10% increase to crafted poison damage - since this effect is on a dirk shouldn't it only give the bonus to poisons that are trigged from the attack with that dirk (and not from my other melee weapon)? I've got an earring, belt, armor etc that have procs that can happen when my ranger uses his bow - I'm not beating the mob with my belt so how is it procing when an arrow hits the mob or better yet how is it proccing when your dagger hits the mob?.
  14. ARCHIVED-Kenban Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    You totally missed my point. I did not want a proc since I know it will not proc. I was hoping for an option to get something different like DPS mod or CA damage, etc. Just some generic bonus other then a proc.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Coercers should be able to use whips *impish grin* *giggle* (yeah yeah, I know... it's jsut wishful thinking. but they should, really, honest, really!)
  16. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Wodreaux@Nektulos wrote:

So...by your logic...my ranged that has a proc should proc when i'm doing Melee?
  17. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    How will this work with (imbuable) bows and dual-wielders? Neither of the pictures you linked before had the confusing* "primary only" text in the proc description. Would a ranger now have a triple chance to proc an imbue effect (bow + 2 weapons), and a dual-wielder a double chance to proc an imbue with combat arts? This was thought by the combat/mechanics devs to be a huge balance issue at one point, and these redefined imbues seem to be stepping on some toes if this is true.

* - the "primary only" text is apparently shorthand for "still procs in the secondary slot, but only on secondary autoattacks, not on combat arts or spells"
  18. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Kenban wrote:
    Then you bordering on that of Adorn's at that point. Besides if they make the temp adorn's weaponsmith make a bit better and with longer duration, you'll be able to have that. ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Then the name should be changed. There are two smaller variations out there, they all look the same. It seems the Ritual Dagger took that graphic instead of the Kris, which is the dagger variation, then there's the Rapier version that's called the Colichemarde, had a straighter edge though and looked more like a Cutlass.
    But...since there is already several different 1h swords available vs. 2h swords...it would be a welcome change to make it a 2h sword....
  20. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Amphibia wrote:
    ...if you have +200 melee haste and 100% spell haste and 100% recovery haste, and you never miss or delay an autoattack, and you chain-cast offensive spells with a 0% resist rate, and you never get interrupted, stifled, or stunned... the proc will fire (1.6)x2.25+(1.6)x2 times per minute. That's .1133 procs per second. At 900 threat per proc, you're stacking on an extra 102 hate per second. If that's the difference between a mage tank and a mage non-tank, when you're already pumping out fully-hasted melee and spell DPS in tier 8, I'll eat my pointy wizard hat. :)