Requested Parses

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Yards, Jan 18, 2016.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Runes will comes along once I will setting for better "base". My immediate plans
    a) get that pesky mythical ranged (since I can't afford any etherals like essence of duality and not seems any time soon getting ever elusive ire-dread hammer) - need probably 3 more umbrites keys to get try my roll
    b) I guess will pay plethora plat to get the uplifting criticals wrist from collection
    c) fully infuse on deity teir till "heroic" level more or less permanent items (some are already almost here)
    d) rampage over heroic instance of Uzu, Submerged and City of Ash (get from here - salvo clicky, better robe and better head)
    e) do some re-arrangement of my adorns - I got already 5 Damage purple for a set (3 heroic/2 solo) and my guild actually doing RC so I might get a chance get 8/8 I will need replace some whites with spell casting speed thou because I am going to loose about 20SPS and I guess rest with resist/AMOD
    Thing I am considering to might be useful - get some good high end fabled ranged/secondary with Molten Detonation or Neural Lash or anything that proc AoE or PBAoE
    To be flat honest biggest boost I can see - is dumping cash into infusions. I can and I will update my greens from AS to Heroic/Raid quality ... And speaking about behemoth rage green (9% HP/2% double cast/4400AMOD) it's a trade of for like 14SWDB for 2% SDA I am not sure (still) that even with mythical wand auto attack increase will overweight extra 2.3% SDA loss (10% life is just minor bonus)
  2. Dreadtalon Active Member

---
    Doom, I don't play a mage, but the quote of Lare's that you replied to is absolutely spot on, and for EVERY CLASS.

Right now, before infusing, before getting your myth ranged, before getting that Uplifting Criticals wrist from collection - sort your white, purple, and green adorns. Spend the plat you would have on infusing to get your adornment situation where it should be. You WILL get better gains from having the correct adorns (which also gives you better reforge power) for relatively little to no plat, compared to the cost of infusing.

Infusing should come only after your adornment situation has been rectified. You are gimping yourself AND your group/raid by ignoring this, and working on those other things first.

Adornments first! ;)

Dreadtalon, a Freetard of Tardfire
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Humor me ...
    From what I see moving from AS greens to Raid Greens does give notable gain in DPS/SWDB (from 60 to 100 and from 10 to 18) it does NOT give you anything in ADOM department (4400 in both cases), it does marginal gain in case of SDA and health gain (like 2 vs 2.3 SDA and 7 vs 9% HP) so I assume most things need to be done with purple/whites (WR already sorted)
    Currently I am running at 2/8 spell casting (I can loose those and compensate 20% with white one), I am 3/8 on critical (which translates into about 50% CB) - I am ready to loose those once I get my hands onto uplifting criticals wrist and I am on 1/8 on Power and Damage. Hence I want and need 6% SDA on my arms I can say screw everything else and just go with 7/8 Damage (until time I get my chance for 8/8 in RC)
    White one - correct me if I wrong they are for adjustment stats so you stay at caps (from what I see from Facerol profile) - I have prismatic resist on earring/fingers but frankly +-4k resist not brake or make my day (with raid set up I am close to 220 across the board) and I assume rest goes simply into AMOD/DPS. Yes now I am mostly on AS purples switching to heroic giving me just a really maginal gain. Lets take sigil of damage - AS - 13DPS (+27 set bonus) and Heroic is 16DPS (+27 set bonus) ...+-3DPS? big deal?!?! okey on 7 pieces it will be +21DPS big deal?!?!
    As for infusing - I am not talking about dumbing 80k plat per piece of gear I am planning to use for a long time ( like uplifting fury neck) I more in line to get least very basic infuse about 1-2k plat and fully infused on the level of "advanced infusers" .. believe you or not but it do more then adorns - easy 6+% POT/CB per item and about 200+AMOD and it does not cost much really - breaking past mark 10 CB/POT and 400AMOD per item yes challenge and will require massive plat spending
  4. Simien Active Member

So, for mages(specifically sorcerer) are you saying load up with Sigil of Damage purples i.e. DPS and AE over power? Wont that **** cb/pot?
  5. Simien Active Member

G I M P was the word I used, apparently that is bad? LoL
  6. Mandoblast Active Member

For warlocks, the ability to hit the hard cap in CB (3k) is easier than most mages. Thus the easy choice of using purple Damage runes to get 100% AE auto and increase DPS for wand damage.

I am not sure how damage runes over power runes would affect summoners and enchanters, but wand damage is always good.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Reason is double cast and Unda .. along sigil of damage road you get 6% SDA adorn into the arms and on the 3rd and 6th +0,5% SDA +2.5% Flurry bonus
    If you are going with sigil of power you are getting 48POT/48CB and some marginal amount from adorn them self - we are talking total may be 58CB/64PoT or so combines ... if you got for pure criticals its more like 16% per item and you can get like 128CB which is nice but .... still no match for 7%SDA and 5%Flurry PLUS DPS bonus for wand
    AoE attack do not considers as proc itself thus having 100% AoE auto help with procs combinate AoE/MA/Flurry most certainly give a good contribution to total damage output specially if you are loaded with 2 early advantage (primary and range) and you have Molten/Neural on secondary
    I can't say for wizards but for warlock Sigil of damage is no brainer ... but as a second option sigil of power... In general warlock need to target just 2k on CB and rest will come with FC... I am about at 1400CB so long road ahead
  8. Yards Well-Known Member

This only matters if you have the 8th cloak purple adorn. The Jewel of marring cloak adorn is the best due to what you get out of it, sda/ae auto (ae auto matters less now as it is very easy to get on armor) extra sda and flurry on set bonus completion. If you don't have a set purple I would mix and match the purple runes. Personally I would do something like sda on shoulders ae auto on legs and forearms (if needed) the rest I would lean toward Power runes. To clarify I target 3k cb its better to be at cap if possible than to rely on a temp, however I value potency a little higher than cb because of focused casting. In raid during combat I'm around 2.5 to 2.7k cb static at optimum group set up.
    Lare and DoomDrake like this.
  9. Lare Active Member

Doom have said this in other threads to help you until you do near 99% of the changes that we suggest your going to struggle to dps and compete on the parse remember my comment about healers beating you on the parse well you have done 80% and now its time to step up on the rest I agree with face here 100%. But I have said similar things to you in the past. Its not rocket science.
  10. Lare Active Member

you are looking for the big obvious changes but your attention to detail is the crux of this.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Nah healers tanks and mages (except for conjurors) not beating me ... scouts ... well I beat most of the time beastlords and lol bards - pretty much even with brigands loosing to swashes on AoEs and loosing by long mile to sins ... oddly I am in same bucket with rangers...
    What I am asking is elaborate about adorns - what so wrong with my current set up ... yes it mix and match in most cases but I simply failing to grasp how moving from critical bonus+power right away will boost my DPS overall ... I did changes with wand you all guys suggested (it's now disease damage and 1.8s delay with 97%AoE/154MA and 200+Haste) - wand contribution not even close to top hitters CD/DA/Apoc/Rift/E.Damnation nor on AoE neither on ST...
    I am perfectly content with fact that changes will not happens magically with change 1 item or 1 stat or simple tune up gear via reforge .. it all come in combo.
    I also looking on profiles other warlocks - what surprise me most have CB lower than me and crit chance much higher (I assume this due to presence of fabled-raid level of items those tend to have higher CC) and potency a bit higher too - AMOD pretty much on the level - did CB stopped play major role? Yes I can boost via gear swap my PoT +200 with cost about 100 of CB. I do understand that aura sharing will boost notable CB
    And of course I am most appreciate for all responds and advices
  12. Lare Active Member

you are failing to see the point but argue with what we have been suggesting over the last 2 months or so rather than change. You yourself said this
    Which tells me more about what you don't know than what you think you do! You argue over the basics that most others would just change and see the effects.

I have been spoon feeding you how to change, more than most would and yet you fail to grasp the basic concepts and argue over it and miss half the stuff I suggest so I cant really go into the stuff that would make you a better players. I'm guessing the conjy you are talking about knows their class far better than you, knows how to reforge his toon because you still don't. because most experienced locks would never be beaten on the parse by a conjy by more than 50% (simple fact) unless their gear is broken.

What faceroller has suggested it prob the best way to go for you but you will only hear what you want to hear.

I'm not going to spoon feed you everything! you need to learn to fish or you will continue to need to be spoon fead.

Just another basic hint though SWDB effects how hard your wpn hits if you run Mit SDA greens your wand will never hit as hard so all the reforging into DPS wand skills wont be as effective.

Go back and read what I have said about your whites greens and purples I'm not going to repeat myself on what we talked about 2 months ago or just read what faceroller/yards said a few posts ago.

Your adornments enable you to maximise your reforging but also give you stuff you can't normally reforge into or just plan and simple add to what you have.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Listen and listen+understand 2 big differences
    I perfectly remember out initial talks and reasons why you all going mad ... I do not have tone of time to play and experiment thus I prefer to hear good arguments with supported facts ... Like over 200 spell casting do not affect in notable way spell double cast.... Or 100+ AMOD as target help a tone with better overall damage output.... Speaking about wand delay - yeah I played a bit with 3.6 and 1.8s overall - 1.8s give better output because is lower base damage output by 33% but reducing weapon delay by 50% I assume this is a bug and it did happened for overlooking fact that base wand delay is 8second not 6second but weapon base damage reduction based on assumption that you change from 6 to 4 ...(which spark my curiosity what happened if I use 6s changer on wand ... will I get same base weapon damage as 8s weapon but will have 6s actual base)
    I read your arguments about greens-purple-whites I am not disagree with it more over I read your more general concept and like it even more - 200SPS/100Reuse/72+Recovery/100AoE/124+MA/200Haste/100+AMOD/600DPS/80+SDA - and my stats at or very close to this marks, unless I have memory leak nothing been said about SWDB more over in discussion ppl who went with SWDB over SDA felt that they loosing DPS.
    Now I am doing fine tune up above base. I don't have much material with experimentation but I see clear with my spec - once I can get static position and keep my rotation with maximizing benefits of stances (read CB) I beat the long miles other locks who have 300CB less than me (but more POT and CC)
    About reforging - again what maximization?!? I simply roll spell casting speed into AMOD where is possible, dropped any gear with Mitigation and replaced it with SWDB (where I had reforge haste in AMOD but had to use adorns to keep spell casting at about 200)... Things that did have AMOD I simply reforged into DPS or AoE (depending on available options but seems to be DPS have better yield)
    So as it stands now I have mostly criticals for purple, 6 SDA from damage, 2 from spell casting (reuse/spell casting) - to meet soft cap on those (but replacing those not terribly hard task). Again from you I head idea to go with damage sigil and from face with power but you both are sitting much higher than me in CB. As for greens I have 2 SWDB/AMOD and 1SDA/AMOD basically trade off 2% SDA for 10% (ok 14%) SWDB is it really THAT much better?
    You guys told me that wand itself merely 10% of DPS and if warlock lazy up to 14% so I really can't see (mathematically speaking) even if I boost my wand DPS by extra say 20-25% at expense of loosing of CB/SDA how it will get me from 25-40M DPS upward 60+ (which is my objective atm)
    Its not like it bad thing to do - I just trying to understand why is "first" thing to do.... instead of say getting overall better procs (as an example)
    It's not of question do or not to do it more question about priorities what is more urgent and what is less
  14. Yards Well-Known Member

You should try to get 15-20% accuracy as well, you can get 8% accuracy from primordial forearm adorn ( T8 harvesting ). Lowering ranged weapon delay isn't going to necessarily raise your spell weapon damage, however having a lower ranged weapon delay is going to raise your proc rate a lot. I find swdb greens to be better than the tank sda ones and I'm not going to argue that because there is no point. If you normally have a conj in your group you can lower your ae auto to ~75% and reforge into other stats. Try to talk the whole raid into using group/raid proc items or have the whole raid use selfish items and be content with extremely low raid dps.
    Neiloch and DoomDrake like this.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yards .. I heard from multiple people about accuracy ... what the secret behind this? what is helpful about this stat and do strikethrough do any good?
    As for raid - yes we are using as much as we have group/raid items (brotherhood of underfoot, aura sharing (who have it). darkened shard wrist. kerefim line of charms, multiple amplify items (power, energy etc.) .. My Pot goes within raid up a lot (double easy). Other semi stupid question - how one can get primordial adorns? - I never seen those for sell - do they need to selfmade? Another question - do DPS mode affect only wand damage output or it contribute also to actual spell/abilities damage?
    Few more question - from practical point of view - which ring better 48-120CB (Firm Stance effect) or 10SWDB/22CB/42Pot? Which effect is better - disengage (+300POT) or Vigor or uncharted assault (sp)?
  16. Sylke Well-Known Member

Accuracy increases the chance for your auto attack to hit. Strikethrough only affects attacks from the front of a mob (typically DPS will be behind the mob).

You have a low-ish chance to get a No-Trade component needed to make one of the Primordial adorns by harvesting within specific tiers. Then the adornment needs to be made by an Adorner (can be commissioned).
    More info here:
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Primordial_Adornments_(EQ2)
    and
    http://revelationscb.gamerlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10813986 (I just like the chart here, easy to see what tier to farm for which stat)
    DoomDrake likes this.
  17. Yards Well-Known Member

Accuracy affects your hit rate for your auto attacks. If you look at act you can see what hit rate you are getting in raids, if you have close to 0 accuracy I'd estimate your hit rate to be ~80% give or take. I'd use 2 brotherhood rings if that is not possible and I had to choose from the 2 rings you listed I would go with firm stance. I'm not sure what those effects are I'm guessing they are on charms so for charms I'd go with dt charm, salvo charm, last xpac collection rope charm, in that order
    DoomDrake likes this.
  18. Lare Active Member

LMAO again merely. Go back to faces parse .breakdown on page 3 of this thread. See that his poison hit wand( is only doing 5% of his parse) but that is 15m DPS but funny enough its more than him casting PB or blast which means he's getting that just because he speced right. How you get ur parse right is small things that all add up to the parse if you are expecting one thing that's going to make a massive difference well stop playing! its all about the little things that make the difference. 6 SDA is less dps than 15m DPS but what face is saying is so true

you have one of the best warlocks in the game atm Face doing numbers that not many people are putting out and you want to argue with him because you can't see it mathematically. You might as well follow Koto or go back to running 350 CST.

I'm not mad just trying to get through to you :)

only do those with white adorns not purple they should be for thing s like Power runes and sda shouders with maybe AE auto on forearms and legs. Power runes give more bang for the buck than just cb ones. Espically if you end up being over CB cap during FC.
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Lare, you guys giving to much credit to my total DPS (about wand contribution :)) and about CB hitting .. .I am not even close by big mile (on a good day I might be running at 1700 before FC hit.... You all way past the point where major shaping do any difference - you all do very fine tune up to maximize already high numbers ... I am on other hands just trying to get there... For example I did play a bit with SWDB/SDA ... well .. +14.6SWDB roughly increase my base wand damage from 43k to 45k (1.8s delay) which is about 4.5%? which been more than offset damage loss on Unda (and from what I see very top warlocks no longer speced into Unda - heck they even respect from 10CB to 10POT on AA)
    Anyway I always appreciate your advices
    In practical purpose correct me if I wrong - if sigil incomplete better yield comes from sigil of Power not criticals or not damage? I also cross my fingers I almost at point where I can try roll onto my mythical ranged wand, following your advice will imbue it with void (arcane) flip to 1.8s and see where I can better output with sigils of Power or sigil of Damage