Requested Parses

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Yards, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Kioske Well-Known Member

The easiest way to balance the game would be to remove the fervor/reset ethereals and to remove Flurry from AoM (Rumcellar) raid belt/cloak for mages. Change the item so they have to choose, one has flurry the other has double cast. There, I just fixed 50% of the unbalance issues that DBG is having with the game right now.
  2. Yards Well-Known Member

I think I am wearing one piece of raid gear from this expansion and that is the class cloak. Almost all my gear is current expansion heroic gear except for a few pieces of last expansions raid gear, magically I have well over 110k ability mod solo.
  3. Lare Active Member

sadly your not picking the right gear to get your am to decent levels I sit between 110 and 118k am and I don't have any raid gear!
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

With altar buff and with guild buff - with "mostly" AS gear and probably 1/3 heroic gear I am clocking at 101-102K AMOD (giving fact I have crappy charms and wrists). I can easy see that with full heroic with just standard/advanced infuse one can easy hit mark 120k AMOD
    I still very rusty in terms of return to my old raiding/group performance but from what I see in our guild groups - we usually have on top with AoE fights - swashy except cases when I get lucky with Unda (in that case I come on top) on the single fight we usually have something like Swash-Sin-Lock (me) - I grossly loosing my DPS on any fights that require any form of joisting - if I can stand still at my perfect distance I am more or less comfortable with what I am pulling out (giving a fact that I have LONG road in terms of gear upgrade and infusing)
  5. Vasco Active Member

It's nice to see summoners making the top DPS chart again. Do these summoners have the hammer or ethereal?
  6. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

How do the sin get beaten by a swash in a Singletarget fight? Swash ST deeps is so sad :-(
  7. BloodStormz_Crimsonskyz New Member

I wish my parse's looked like that lmao. im to the point of /rage quit. the Assassin Both beastlords and swashy is destroying me on the parse. me and the wiz are pretty close in numbers.
  8. Easiette Member

i am also amazed by the numbers from these mages, dying to see a break down of those parses of 250m+.
    id suspect excellent VC usage and maybe a pre-nerf fury class cloak could have had some influence in attaining those numbers.

atm only our assasin gets even in the vicinity of those numbers but then again hes the only one in our guild with 100 fervor procs.

Anyway good to see that not all hope is lost for us mages :D
  9. Simien Active Member

I wish everyone in my raid could read this. What a great point. Yes fervor items and maxed infusion plays a roll in these parses however..what about the Underfoot jewelry, what about Furious Barrage, what about toons wearing Noxious Rending and Anguish?? Put these items on the majority if not all of your raid party and I have to think it is a huge difference.

I am having a hard time convincing those in may raid party to give up Amplifying effects for Underfoot, or drop The Sacred Flow for a Noxious Rending item. Of course we have healers bidding on Mitigation jewelry with Enraging Flames on it so our problems run a little deeper I guess, LoL. Might be time for me to move on.

However, thanks for confirming what i have been preaching Yards, great point.
    Laiina likes this.
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

I'll post one of my parses so you can see a breakdown but I can't do other mages as they may get mad. Post fae fires nerf, no awesome vc, no j-cap. This is just taken from our last raid because I hate sifting through parses, by no means our best kill time or parse.

[IMG]
    DoomDrake and Easiette like this.
  11. Tyman Active Member

Where does jcap normally fall on parses like this?
  12. Yards Well-Known Member

J-cap would be about 25 to 30 mil on that fight.
  13. Tyman Active Member

Ok cool. Thank you!
  14. BloodStormz_Crimsonskyz New Member

Fae Fires wow, My Caustic Detonation never hits anywhere near that high even though i hit it everytime its maxed out. Your numbers on Cataclysm, Apocalypse, VoD, Autoattack are insane mine hit for around 1/3 of that with 114k ability mod peaks from wrist (only way i could get my ability mod to jump over the gear setup i have. does that have to do with the Ethereal you have reseting spells?
    My plaguebringer, BOD, and Rift hit around those numbers but the rest won't.
    Another thing i see you have Searing Passion, is how did you manage Emarr being evil they won't even talk to me.
    TBH I am desperate, I was doing very well last expansion putting up decent numbers, this expansion i my numbers dropped almost in half with no changes made, so i tried readjusting.
    First thing i did was try to go WDB at cap and dropped unda, i hit a dmg cap quik with that setup, so i jumped back swaped gear for ability mod and DC for Unda and my dmg increased alot. i have tried swapping around some casting orders and even got desperate enough to try other people's casting orders posted in forums, even though some of them left me with my head scratching trying to break down why. But with the Ability mod setup i was able to get higher numbers, though inconsistent it was better zone wide.
    I have tried holding AA Blasts for TW and have tried just hitting every time increments maxed and still cannot get it to hit like it use to. at one point i just Thought it was nerfed until i saw your parse.
    As far as stacking underfoot and other raidwides, doesn't look promising there either, our scouts Love out parsing all the mages, they keep use Slip (adds 20-30 mil to their parse) and use everyone else to buff them with the relic Underfoot bracelet. I feel there is a dark little secret to making things fall into place, that the rest of us just won't ever see. The 3 tiers of Warlocks, the bottom 2 (which is the majority) will suffer from killing buffs like FC because the 5-6 OP warlocks make everyone else cry for nerf bats. I think they need to take a look at the performance levels at a common play level (Basic Heroic dropped Gear) and T1-2 Raid Geared lvl performance and base decisions on those grounds.
    Not everyone has Essence of Duality, class cloaks, ect..These things make a HUGE difference.
    MY Question is this, If i don't have those things but i have access to raid drops would i be able to hit those kinds of numbers or close to those? Probably not.
    Would i be able to compete with scouts for the top 3 slots? From what i see so far, probably not, maybe in rare fights with 10+ mobs.
    [IMG][/quote]
  15. Lare Active Member

If you look at faces gear, its all for the group/raid over his personal dp,s for the most part. Until your raid gets a handle on gearing for the raid, dps will be significantly lower, add plat infused gear and numbers will be different.

Add the fact that they had a full raid force of people that know how to dps and play their toon's dps will be different.

Face has commented in a few posts about one of their assassins beating him often than not and that most mages are competitive on the parse. Which is a good sign of an experienced raid force fight for the parse.

I have one bit of raid gear and can swap it around to hit 120k self buffed if I want, this translates to over 132k with buffs from my weird raid grp.

There is no dark little secret but having a reset item does make a difference on the parse as well.

All of the above just add up and well skill!
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

I betrayed to good, got Emarr then used betrayal token back to evil.
  17. Laiina Well-Known Member

Yeah, if that is happening very much, it might be ;p.
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Indeed I feel same way like Bloodz ...
    For raid of course we all gearing with that AOE POT bracers, signature ring etc. ... but still failing to grasp how I can catch up at list with conjurors - I am not far behind them gear wise (I have higher CB, same AMOD, a bit lower POT and a bit lower CC) - conjurors (2 out 3) constantly parsing like +50% more DPS compare to me ...
    Thank to Lare I can build increments for first burst in blink of eye (I don't know how many give con.blast but - 4 casts of PBOEs and blast and I am at 180). For me major DPS killer need to move if I can maintain static position over duration of fight my numbers significantly higher with constant joist I drop below 20M easy. I speced for SDA/Unda
    Also warlock guru - please advice what I should be looking in turns of effects on charms/wrists/earrings/rings
    a) Uplifting fury for neck is given
    b) on ring Brotherhood of Underfoot - given, other ring most likely goes to Amp Power (from GCR)
    c) earrings - I using for glass searing (amp for POT) - can technically speaking get Amp Criticals and other earring also sort of locked with Furious Barrage
    d) wrists - here is again what to look for? Darkened shards (with AoE PoT 42%) in absence of anything better and what others?
    e) charms - ideally of course would be nice something with Kerafim Rites/Salvo but in meantime Kerafim furor and Disengage works ok
  19. Lare Active Member

Doom see your gear is getting there but your still running with crap white, purple and green runes (not war runes). SDA mit ones are meh compared to the SWDB and AB ones.

Thing is if you want to get better? Its the last 5% of making sure your gear is right that is going to make the difference you need to learn to tweak it to get the most out of it too.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  20. BloodStormz_Crimsonskyz New Member

SDA over with unda is very nice on static fights :), as far as Conjurors go if things go right i can beat them but if i die or get hit with something that stops my rotations they will jump ahead quik, My Issue is 2 Beastlords Doing Massive Spike dmg 5 seconds flat, My increment builds are not that slow but it seems that their's builds faster and more often than mine and hits harder. Im usually fighting for 4-5th slot with the Wizard and Conj behind the 2 beastlords and assassin. The Assassin just blows right past everyone and can maintain. Beastlords varies on the fight if its single or double target i can move into 2cnd and 3rd here and there.I just think its because they are setup for AOE hits. On AOE fights even with almost instant Increment charges and constantly dropping CD bombs,i fell about 40 mil behind the top 2 BL"s, on a fight i almost always have been 1st on, so far back, even before FC bandaid was applied, i was able to be on top of aoe fights.

My Gear isn't the best but what im aiming for is this. (Scored have been obtained)
    Charm1=Salvo
    Charm2=Deathtouch
    E1=Furious Barrage
    E2=AuraShare
    F1=Brotherhood of the Underfoot
    F2=Brotherhood of the Underfoot
    W1=Practiced Power
    W2=Practiced Tactics
    These are the best i have seen so far for raid wide stacks, im sure there are better setups, this just happens to be what i have seen drop.
    Im sure Face'n Lare can throw some other things in the mix that might be a little better.
    DoomDrake likes this.