Requested Parses

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Yards, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

reason for what ?
  2. Azian Well-Known Member

When you and all those around you have the ranged ethereals equipped, it's pretty easy to condemn those who choose the relic tagged slip over the relic tagged sig ring. I wouldn't even consider slip in that case either. It's also an understandable comment though given how strong the ring is in a raid when everybody wears one (or two if you have the heroic or raid dropped one as well). But, not all of us (very few actually) have the ethereals so we need to make the choice. Guessing giving beastlords a pass may have to do with their lack of aggro control and the encounter detaunt slip has?
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

And, mages get better infusions then scouts, oooor?
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yes I figured when I actually thought about it but I didn't bother coming back to edit my post hehe.
  5. Yards Well-Known Member

Not using brotherhood of underfoot ring just lowers the overall raid dps so it is a no brainer. Only reason I say maybe beastlords could wear it is due to hate issues. A lot of people get stuck on their own personal dps rather than thinking about what is going to raise the overall raid dps which is why a lot of raid guilds have so low dps even though they have access to all the same gear.
  6. Laiina Well-Known Member

It is really easy to get caught up in that "maxing MY parse" trap. One main reason perhaps is that there is no other way to really measure actual performance in a group or raid.

On my Troub I opted for any AA, gear, procs, etc that help the group or raid. When in a raid or group I constantly spam buffs and debuffs. But the result is that my dps on the parse is pretty low - and there is no way to really measure how much the buffs etc. are really helping the overall group/raid performance.
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yes my question was why beastlord, but then i figured it was probably cuz of the dehate.
  8. Veta Well-Known Member

Oh these must be the parses people think I am in. I am only in... 2 of them?
  9. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Their sorc's are. I dunno bout the rest. In fact while talking in game to one of them I was informed their numbers were alot lower until around a mill was dropped on infusing. Thats all fine and dandy tho, if you can swing it. Everyone knows Rev fields an excellent force, nice numbers guys.

I have 17k plat. If anyone can tell me how to " legitimately" make the other 983K I need to balance my class, Im all ears. P.S.~ There's no way I can stay logged in all day doing loot runs for a month.
  10. Ishmel Member

Well Sac its just a shame that this game requires a player to spend a ridiculous amount of plat or possess select, rare weapons/runes to even start to compete. I would prefer that skill, experience and gear from the standard loot tables be enough.
  11. Jrel Well-Known Member

My assassin had a good position on all those. (The Captain and Yxxxxx don't count anyway because of who is beating on what and where). I can claim extreme lag on Psionists and Magicians, but everyone had lag. Unlike mage casters who don't have to worry about their spells interrupted during autoattack refresh, scout DPS gets much worse when autoattacks lag. (Yes, I know casters' spells lag as well during laggy fights). Lag also blows out my stealth making my FFU chains suck. So also consider, 1/3 to 1/2 of my my fatal followup chain damage is nullifed and reduced to 4% of my parses. My 2.4 second autos lagged a good full 2.5 extra seconds on our last Magician fight. The recast of my CAs were delayed by 3-7 secs as well. My best parse on Magicians has been 232 mill, and that was on the 11th when lag was somewhat tolerable and my autos were 0.8 seconds behind. I don't know what the others parsed, but I'll guess I was 4th and at least 50-60 mill behind. The parses on Psionists and Magicians show where mage AE/linked encounter damage is :rolleyes:
  12. Laiina Well-Known Member

This +1. I know the plat infusions were put in game as a plat sink, but in fact they seem to have had the opposite effect. How great your gear is depends not on any skill or effort, but how much plat you can amass - and judging by how many got sent to Drunder - even 500K is not enough.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I can't tell about 987K but making about 500-800k is fairly straight forward (albeit borrrrrrrrring as hell)
    Basically if you can get on line for like 30 minutes every say 2 hours (couple time a day will do a trick) ...
    10 rusted key run (and just key run!) will take about 30 minutes - quests will reset in about 2 hours (or 90 minutes I don't remember)
    In a 2 hours log again and do another pass .... I'd say it's not unrealistic for casual gamer get 20 keys per day (take 1 hour play)
    You need about 50 days to hit mark 1000 keys - this will transforms into 500-800kpp into your coffers. This absolutely legit way but very very boring...
    Another thing - shinies from Stigians AS .. it's take 10 minutes at most to run instance, reset timer 90 minutes, each instance give 1 shiny - those sells anywhere from 350p to 3-4kpp

This is the 2 most lucrative methods I see and I use them
  14. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Thank you for this.
  15. Mandoblast Active Member

The key quests reset every 3 hours. I can do them all but really only do 8/10 and it takes me 35 minutes. I skip the pitcher plant because it is anoying and the leach one in the swamp because it sucks. I have 3 level 100 alts that I only run 5 keys on each time so I roll out 23 keys in 1 hour every 3 hours. I do this at a minimum 2x a day and yes it can get mind numbing.

If you want to run the AS zones while you are waiting on the reset, I can run all the AS zones in about 45 minutes. If it wasnt for stupid scripts, it would be much less. I take the gear out of these zones and salvage them into fragments which I could sell but I make them into 100% infusers which sell for more.

On a related note to plat infusing gear, there is another way to help infuse that physical layer. Once the physical price gets a bit high, I would recommend using Loyalty infusers (100% infuse) that you can buy from the Loyalty vendor in your city. These do cost 15 tokens and can raise the plat price so using them in combination with the plat is a viable option.

On the deity layer, using lower tiers of infusers before higher tiers can help max that layer. In order:

Standard
    Advanced
    Heroic
    Epic

Those are the 25% chance dropped infusers. The crafted 100% ones are:

Advanced
    Heroic
    Epic

The 3rd bonus layer is the hard one. Since only a few bonus 100% to all infusers came with the CE or a few that you get when you finish quests or clear content, these should be used only on items that you know will be on you for a long time. Things like the achievement neck, mythical hat, etc.

The nice thing about infusing is that DB has made this data available so you can see how much you have infused of each layer on your EQ2U profile.

Remember: The MAX for each layer is 1/3 of the original stat. Plan ahead.
    Sejreia and DoomDrake like this.
  16. Cythemia Member

another staged propaganda event, no doubt. Im in 2 raid guilds and in both setups the Assassin and the beastlords are almost Always on top unless they die or have no dirgey. Id like to see some real parse's not from OP raid guild with mage hacks. A Standard Midrange raid Guild, Without all the Elite Fervor gear . I can guarantee that the mages in that parse had massive Fervor and top in proc gear in favor of them if this is even real numbers. My beastlord is OP i can Heal like top heals in most fights, i can off tank and still make 4th on parse. Power regen ...got that too...most of the time i can top the parse and do all the above. Mages in both the guilds im in are fighting for 3rd-5th slots most of the time, on rare occasion ill loose to one but not often. Sometimes the brig or swashy leap frogs them in AOE fights, our swashy has jumped in first several times on 10 or more mobs.
  17. Yards Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more, mages need a boost all around.
    Yoube likes this.
  18. Ishmel Member

Cythemia what are you saying that the mages had massive fervor and top procs? I mean making a post like yours based on an assumption of what another guild's players have in terms of items equipped seems...misinformed. In all the linked parses in this thread no mages had the myth club. So as I mentioned in previous posts the mages did not have the fervor procs and they still dominated almost every parse.
  19. Yards Well-Known Member

I disagree with this. I believe what cythemia says is true over a broader spectrum.
    Yoube likes this.
  20. Cythemia Member

LOL look at the names in the parse, and hurry to look them up before they hide the profiles ...again. i looked they are wearing some pretty awesome gear, at least the ones i could actually see at the time. so yeah i am saying that parse was setup.
    Our Assassin never parses under 100miL unless he dies and if he does its because the tank died. I am Right on his heals on the beastlord most of the time. FOR years i played a warlock and LOVE the class but with everyone in the game wanting to be top dogs I think everyone is finding out that giving everyone what they want is disastrous. Class roles are being weeded out left and right. TBH the only reason we have a warlock no is for power drains, we have dropped 2 mages and 2 other scouts for another assassin slot and another beastlord slot and our over all dps has almost doubled. Im not saying they are useless now but im saying 2 beastlords and 2 assassins swashy dirge coercer are much more powerful. especially with heals and utilities of the BL. not to mention i can off tank with gear swap and hate proc 1hander.

As for My Warlock i went Melee spec w/ (65kAM) Like one person mentioned before, I even tried a Hybrid spec with 80kAM, My dps reached a Ceiling that could not advance beyond with that build even with gear upgrades stat increases seemed to have more diminishing returns the higher they got. I finally gave up and swapped gear out and Went Straight AM/ Potency setup and just dumped extra into the melee just as overflow and i still hit around the same on single targets, But where you break through that ceiling is on AOE fights 4 or more, your AM really shines on your big AOE spells with all your boosters running. im not talking about a few mil increase but 20-40 mil increases depending on pull. now granted i still cannot top the parses with 120mil AE wearing crafted gear and heroic jewelry its not bad but not great either. where i messed up is getting rid of last expansion's raid gear i guess, because i was doing ALOT more then. like i said with the warlock ill sit 3-4 usually on any given parse but 4-5 is maybe 2-4mil differentials. the first 2 slots are usually 10% higher than the rest of us.
    On single target *** can hit around 70-90mil range depending on what it is.
    Beastlord with slip is usually around 60-80mil range
    Swashy- 60-80 mil range
    wiz-45-60MiL
    Warlock 35-50ish depending on fight.

on aoes of 5 or more mobs its a big difference
    Assassin 195-220ish average
    Beastlord 125-180
    Warlock 120-160
    these numbers vary of course but that close estimates of what i have seen in both guilds.
    now if there is 1 mob sometimes the warlock can squeeze up in 3rd slot on occasion but if there is 2-3 mobs forget it the number spread between scouts and mages expands by HUGE margins. 30-40mil spreads. Mainly because of how crappy the Green Direct dmg spells are. Dark Neb and Absolution are horrid spells Cast/reuse vs dmg output is shameful.

Im not saying this is in all Cases but it is what i see. I play a warlock in one guild and a beastlord in another.
    i would like to see someone reforged at 110+ AM in heroic gear. The most i could get with gear i have is 104 with what i have on.i might need to change 1 or 2 pieces out