Rare Harvests are too rare again :(

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Te'ana, Aug 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-BoriKitty Guest

I should have bought more rares when the market bottomed out.. I went harvesting right after the change.. when was it.. a week ago? I haven't gotten a rare of any kind.. in about.. lemme calculate.. 10 hours of harvesting.. wait.. I got 2 light sources in tier 7 (Scintillating material).. yep.. I just roll unlucky I guess... I'll try again tomorrow because I just don't have the patience to go out for another 10 hours not to get a rare.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lathaine Guest

[p]wow, some people really should go play instead of complain :p...[/p][p]Oups patch, cant play...[/p][p]So rare are too rare again ? strange i harvested a few and get rare, still feel that bugged when i get one rare in 5 min. Ok ok was probably luck, sometime that can happen lol.[/p][p]And people keep complain about material... since we all know they are rare for kill stock, so why not just accept this ? :p[/p][p]The deal about rare usually... more the items is hard to get, better is the reward ;) so dont expect rare too easy to get or the reward will not worth time ;)[/p][p]I miss the EQ1 trade skill, got me 2 month of effort to get the first armor deity and spend like 2 mil plat... but stats was wow ;)[/p][p]/vote for RARE = RARE for made ubber things ;)[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-aarddave Guest

[p] That isn't what people are saying.[/p][p]Yes they harvest faster with the best tools. Yes they get to nodes faster with the best horses. On top of that they also get what amounts to a significant % bonus to get rares on top.[/p][p]They get rares at a higher rare because they're harvesting at a higher rare.. no one really has a problem with that. My problem is that they get an additional bonus because the zone is trivial to them.[/p][p]Both of these things added together causes the results to be skewed away from what the 'average' player is seeing, the results get reduced because of it and the average player gets hit too rather than just those at the point where the problem was.[/p][p]Think if it this way, you and someone else do exactly the same job. [/p][p]You get paid what you consider a low amount, the other person earns a bonus because he works harder - fair enough.[/p][p]The other person then earns a double bonus just because they're older[/p][p]The shareholders complain that certain people within the company are earning obscenely high wages.[/p][p]Your wages are cut even tho your wages weren't at the 'obscene' level the shareholders were complaining about, and the other person keeps their bonus for being older.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-TheGuyWithOneArm Guest

[p]i think they should call them unique's instead of rare. that to me would be a better choice of word, and make them less available as you harvest[/p][p]when GU 37 came out, and it finally eventually calmed down, i had harvested 30+ feysteels 30+ steels, etc etc, was able to buy loams, soft gem uniques, roots anything i wanted for an extremely cheap price. now they just sit there, in my bank, doing nothing at all, they shouldnt be that common, ever[/p][p]i think another problem is that mastercrafted gear, legendary gear and fabled gear has become the norm for everyone to want and have, this cant be though as there is plenty of stuff that drops from monsters and you get from quests, or does nobody pay any attention to that stuff anymore? am i the only one that pays any attention to it and will actually wear it? even for 30 levels?[/p][p]ive always put in feedback that half the (T.S.) recipe's call for a unique to be used, but now i see that if they increased the drop rate of uniques again like they had done for that short bit of time, it'll just ruin the game and it wont be fun anymore and there will not be any challenge[/p][p]i dont think you should be able to equip any character completely full out in mastercrafted or higher gear i think we should all be forced to use the "JUNK" that they have taken the time to put into this great game[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Te'ana wrote:
    Sorry, since GU24 I have never had anything remotely approching that kind of bad luck. It's incomprehensible to me, but I'll take your word for it it happened to you. Sorry you have such rotten luck.
  6. ARCHIVED-Offem Guest

There will never be a time when everyone can be totally happy and satisfied. There will always be something to complain about, and if there isn't, people will nit-pick and search for things, if only to complain. I remember how things were at launch, and rares were truly rare. If people do not know what rare means, or if they have different ideas in their heads, then perhaps a definitive and distinguished definition of what a rare is should be explain by a Dev. This will obviously clarify and clear up any misconstrued ideas/notions of what a rare is to everyone, and everyone will be on the same page. Rares should be hard to come by, and they should not even be remotely semi-rare. Otherwise, everyone would have easy access to them, and oh wait, we already do. To be perfectly honest, if I go out and harvest for rares, and I don't get any at all, you know what? I'm thinking to myself "Finally! Rares are truly rare again yippee!!!!". Sadly, this is not the case. Here is the bottom line: As common as rares are now, compared to what they were at launch, people should be happy they are even able to get any at all.
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Amen. I went harvesting T6 last night for a couple hours. I got three rares (none of which I can use, lol) and one imbue. My loam-to-ore ratio was almost even. My gem-to-precious metal ratio was about even. My pelts were better than 3:1 over meats. Spawns were well distributed and there was no shortage of any particular node. It's not broken.
  8. ARCHIVED-Oeho Guest

TheGuyWithOneArm wrote:
    So do you stop the raiders being completly equiped in Fabled gear ?
  9. ARCHIVED-Vatec Guest

Felishanna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The problem is, this expectation already exists. If you don't believe me, make a full suit of iron or carbonite or feyiron armor and put it up for sale on the broker. Then count the weeks as they pass and no one buys your junk. Even treasured stuff only sells because it can be transmuted. From tiers 1 through 4 or 5, the majority of the player base consists of alts and rerolls. And these people (myself included) won't settle for anything less than the best. Why? Because they can afford it.

Same goes for spell upgrades. My scholar-types all level by grinding out one of each App4 spell they can make. Then I put these on the broker. Approximately 10% actually sell, even if I have them set to the lowest price on the server and discount them regularly.

I'll repeat, this expectation already exists. Sure, you can ask individuals to adjust their expectations. Rather presumptuous of you, but you can ask. But when the majority of players have already made up their minds, you're out of luck.
  10. ARCHIVED-Offem Guest

It's not a matter of adjusting expectation levels, it's a matter of people not knowing the true definition of a rare item in my opinion. It is also my opinion that people have become spoiled with the (especially) recent higher amount of rares that have been harvested, and when it's taken away, they cry that they want it back. What people continuously fail to understand is that rares are named as such due to how often one should be found. When an overabundance of rares are harvested due to a system error or oversight or whatever, people start believing that it should be the norm. This should not be the case. People who go out to harvest and then complain that they only found 3 or 4 within a 5 or 6 hour time frame have to understand the fact that they really should be a lot less common than they are.
  11. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I remember how rare rares were at launch (still are for me). Way back then an Apprentice II spell was considered quite an upgrade. If you want rares to be truly rare then make spells and equipment at lower levels valuable. Today no one wants to buy Apprentice IV spells, even Adept III spells are not considered highly valuable by some players and because of the cost of rares many people settle for looted Adept I spells. Anything less that Mastercrafted gear won't sell and because of the cost of rares many people rely on good looted gear. Don't whine about how great the olden days of rare harvests were unless you want the whole package including using Apprentice II spells and the really crummy equipment that used to drop.
  12. ARCHIVED-Offem Guest

I would have no problem with that to be honest :)
  13. ARCHIVED-aarddave Guest

Offem wrote:
    The term rare applies to the harvest in that for example feysteel is rare compared to feyiron. You have a much greater chance of harvesting feyiron from an ore node than a feysteel, hence feysteel is considered rare.
    As i've already said, mastercrafted is positioned between treasures and legendary and should be balanced to be there in terms of availability and power.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lumens Guest

Well, actually, 2 hours in Bonemire on a level 70 Fury with quite a few Master spells & a 48% mount.

Zilch rares.

All the people who were claiming 10 per hour or whatever...

I never saw anything near that. If I got 5 I would be amazed

And now Hanging Root sells for one silver, because everyone is gathering, hoping for a rare but it does not drop.

I'm sure Domino can check my 70 Fury to see
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

6 hours of harvesting in Sinking Sands netted me 1 Ironwood and 1 Saguaro root. WAAAAAY too rare now.
  16. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    And in three hours last night I got three rares. It's all in the RNG.
  17. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I have a question for those who are giving the statement "rare should be rare" or something similar

There's a lot of harkening back to how things were at launch in regard to rares, but the point also has to be made that in terms of armor and weapons, the quality of the equipment that you can make from a rare was significantly higher and has been greatly reduced since then.

Given this, does this mean those of you making this statement use these rares for things? Would you? What do you use them for? Why?
  18. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

TaleraRis wrote:
    Huh?

Rares make stuff. Players use stuff.
  19. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Is it desireable stuff? Is it stuff that is desireable enough to warrant being that rare, is my question. Is it stuff, for those who are adventurers, that you would use? What would you use? Why? What wouldn't you use? Why?
  20. ARCHIVED-Talzar Guest

TaleraRis wrote:
    Your ranger uses twelve mastercrafted items. Your conjurer uses nine. Apparently people desire them.