Rare Harvests are too rare again :(

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Te'ana, Aug 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    Yes. That's what she's saying. 'Matter of fact, that's what just about everyone has been saying.

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Leatherneck Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Myth Busted.
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Calthine wrote:
    You know that iteam REALLY needs to be added into the game, consitering all the "theories" everywhere you look.
    <dawns Tinfoil hat> Though I know for a FACT that there is a "you can't win" code that checks your journal and imediatly despawns every creature you need to kill thats in your journal when you zone in.
  4. ARCHIVED-greenmantle Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Hate to say Calth i think the description is wrong not only is it not legendary it may require a new category below common it seems amlost every one has one ;)
    Attaches the chain to the ankle of the thread and drags it off to the glue factory.
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

*snort*

I'm not responsible for that image, I just hosted it where I can get to it, lol.
  6. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Thank you very very much. I was getting frusterated at people suggesting that drop rate was in relation to item already out in the public. The programming to track something like that would not be simple.

And by the way I am hording rares and whne the expansion comes out I am going to be the Ethan Allen of carpenters wares. I am going to have a household full of 400-500 rare crafted items for display........................................

I will only crafted rare crafted stuf for the rich only. The small guys is going to have to go to the walmart of crafters.

The 1 cp undercutters . ;)

all in jest.
  7. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

zaneluke wrote:
    I'm on ur server, undercuttin ur warez. j/k

I am on Everfrost though, and it's sure easy to horde certain rares. Our Carpentry market is full of not 1cp undercutters though, but 10G undercutters. I swear every time I list something there are 3 different people priced below it within hours. As of last night, several house items were currently priced cheaper than the ebony or acrylia needed to make them. (None cheaper than the Xegonite needed to make them, since Xegonite is under 20G!)

It doesn't help that the rares themselves are still so common, particularly roots. The precipitous drop in nimbus prices since the Great Shrubbery Changification (~90G-1P to ~30G) hasn't let up. I'm glad I was only stocking 15-20 at a time back then. Now I have about a hundred and STILL the price keeps dropping.
  8. ARCHIVED-Abakarr Guest

lilmohi wrote:
    LOOK BEHIND YOU.... THE BLACK HELICOPTERS ARE LANDING>>>
  9. ARCHIVED-netglen Guest

Good news! I got my first Vanadium cluster last night. Too bad I got it as a drop from a mob within a raid instance. Now that I'm Lv.60 it's hard to believe that I went through an entire tier without finding a single soft metal cluster for my Sage.
  10. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

good god.... just think back of the days when it literally took weeks of harvesting till you got one ebon cluster... rares are allready rather common now...
  11. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Rares are still too rare for me. I can't harvest enough to craft for my alts and the prices are sky high on my server. That just isn't fun or profitable unless you are a speculator or someone with a good RNG seed who sells the rares instead of using them.
  12. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    See this is where i have an advantage as a capenter.

My sole cost when selling a moonstone pool or ebony whatever is........fuel cost.
    I only sell what i harvest. Why?????

Because IMHO buying rares off the broker promotes plat sellers, and since SOE does not want to do anything about it i try my best. ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-KaldrinXanthin Guest

zaneluke wrote:
    Umm... no.

Buying plat from plat sellers promotes their work.
  14. ARCHIVED-TonlinT Guest

2 Hours mining this morning in Kylong Plains yielded: 3 x Fire Emeralds, 2 x Tynnonium, 3 x Silicate Loams & 2 x Incarnadine. I am more than happy with that. I did 2 hours yesterday & got the same minus the loams. All for my main & alts so couldn't give a stuf what the broker prices are, I would rather put the hours in & find my own than pay silly money for them. So I have another 50 hours or so mining to look forward to!
  15. ARCHIVED-Malandrin Guest

TonlinT wrote:
    2 hours using drachnid costume?
    What would you do when you have to spend 50% of your harvesting time killing agro mobs?
  16. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Many conspiracy theories being floated here, most of which I'm prepared to accept as being complete rubbish. However, I have ALWAYS been convinced that my main, who is also my main harvester, has to be the unluckiest individual when it comes to the RNG. Far poorer rare harvests than ANY of my other alts (confirmed by ACT), very poor rate of return in groups using the lotto method and an effort to craft compared to other classes even though all my skills maxxed out.
    I used to be convinced (well actually I STILL am really) that it was more profitable to harvest in the mornings as the rare drop rate appeared better than if I was harvesting at peak times.
    In all honesty though I think that I just have to accept the fact that my character is subject to the vagaries of the RNG, with possibly a disadvantageous seed factor.
  17. ARCHIVED-TonlinT Guest

Malandrin wrote:
    I won't, cos I have a Drachnid costume. Do you not have one? You can/will get access to one just as I did.
  18. ARCHIVED-kyrrah Guest

They'll be fixing that item. Using it to harvest in the caves w/o aggro has been deemed by the devs to be an exploit. It's supposed to be taken care of in a hot fix if they haven't done so already. I'm told that area grays out at 80 anyway.
  19. ARCHIVED-TonlinT Guest

Exploit? The item is working as intended, it is a disguise, it disguises you in that area? That there are nodes there as well is a bonus IMO. And, as you said, the area greys out at 80 so hardly a game breaker.
  20. ARCHIVED-KaldrinXanthin Guest

TonlinT wrote:
    You better read all the threads before you claim it's not an exploit. Domino mentioned this will be fixed so you don't gain the 'invisibility' to agro when you harvest.