Quick Update on EQII

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Hello, Norrathians!

As you’ve likely heard by now, there’s been some changes around here in staff. I want to assure you though that this team is still in full-time dev and operation mode, and we continue to have awesome plans for EQ2. We’re shuffling a few things about, but our goals in delivering fun stuff won’t change. For example, in a couple of weeks we’ll be releasing rare bosses for the AoM dungeons and more. We’re tinkering a bit so I apologize for the silence and certainly any concerns or worry it may have caused you.

We’ll have more news as we rip along here doing what we do and what we love – which is keeping our world busy and alive for our incredible community of players. Above all, we are grateful for your continued support and love of the game.

I would really like to hear from everyone and chat with you about all of this which is why we’ll be hosting a Twitch livestream on Wednesday, Feb. 18 at 3pm at twitch.tv/everquest2. The team looks forward to having you tune in so we can address any questions you may have.

Thanks and see you in game!

Holly Longdale
    Executive Producer, EverQuest & EverQuest II
    Kurisutaru, Sharann, Steel and 39 others like this.
  2. Juraviel Active Member

Thanks for the update Holly :)
    Tierisch, Seefar, Sydnye and 5 others like this.
  3. Crabcrusher Member

Is that 3pm PST? I am in CST.
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

OUT FREAKIN STANDING!!!!! Thank you so much for this post and I'll be there with bells on! Loving this!!! Happy dancing and you guys have my full support in all you do! :D
    Tierisch, Kittybock, Sydnye and 6 others like this.
  5. konofo Active Member

Time to update that sig block!

kono
    Tierisch, Losadunai, Seefar and 4 others like this.
  6. brokenshieldd Active Member

Thanks for the update Holly :)
  7. Xariama_AB Member

Looking forward to some good news. Ummm, it will be good news, right?
    Seefar and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Foretold Well-Known Member

I'll be tuning in to the stream for sure. I try to stay positive, and I really want to believe that EQ2 is still enough of a revenue generator to avoid sunset, but all this has "rat"tled me quite a bit.

I am one of those people you'll have to drag out of Norrath screaming. I hope it doesn't come to that for a LONG, LONG time.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Yay! Thanks for the update Holly! Looks like I can remove the cold compress from my forehead now and put away the smelling salts. :)
  10. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

LOL I know...lol. This has me dancing!!
  11. Lonsen Member

[IMG]
    [panic slowly subsiding]

Thank you for this post.

Also you and the rest of the staff remaining have my sympathies, I know they were your friends and coworkers and watching them be shown the door is always a hard thing to suffer through. Thanks to you all for your hard work, its appreciated, even if it doesn't always feel like it sometimes.
  12. Baphmistra Active Member

I admit I'm not certain if EQ2 has a future next year or not, for me or anyone else. My RL is a sorry mess at the moment, I'm actually looking for a job, but RL is not EQ2. A different company now holds the reins, this does not mean the end, not yet. I would advise any of you who think it is the end to take lots of screenshots. Of course the other part of my advice is to quit posting on the forums or in general chat altogether. The less we complain about SOE being gone, the less likely the end will happen. Sadly nothing lasts forever, even the Highlander movie saga came to a crashing end. Enjoy the game while you can, if I knew I was going to be online when your broadcast goes out I would watch it too, but as I said my RL is a mess. On the bright side I hope you all have a Happy Erollisi Day! :p
    Seefar and Elrondin like this.
  13. Wyndsworn Member

Gonna try to be there ... not sure I can though due to Real Life commitments. This game may or may not close it's doors in the future, I've no idea. If it does thanks for the ride, it's been a blast. In my opinion, it's one of the best, if not THE best games on the market today. The team has done an outstanding job of keeping it's customers (OK ... MOST of them. IE:Whiner Knight) interested and engaged. AND if it doesn't close it's doors, as I suspect it won't ... I'm on for the duration. Nothing but Erollisi Roses to the EQ2 team from my side of the screen
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

I also wanted to thank you Holly for having the live stream. I know a lot of players, including myself have our concerns, doubts and such about the future of our game. What I really do hope is that you and whomever else is answering questions are prepared for the amount of concern people actually have.

After all, a whole lot of us have gone through multiple game sunsets at this point. This doesn't have the same feel to me as the others, but it certainly does make one wonder what the future is going to bring.
  15. Snivel Member

I'm just curious as to why the purchase of SOE was posted on the official forums, the news of many folks being dismissed from their posts hasn't been?
  16. Lady Marlyn Member

First off it is always sad to see people we have made friends with or knew to suddenly leave --- for that you have my condolences.
    Secondly it is good to know that our SOE team knows how best to adapt to these changes and move forward --- more power to you all!!!! Lastly my sister got me and later on we got my dad into the wonderful world of Norrath and we all enjoy it tremendously. This is the only game I play and when and if Norrath vanishes so will I. Once you have had the best there is nowhere else to go!!!!! I will be one of the ones you have to drag off kicking and screaming but hey what a way to go!!!! LOL:)
    To all the Negative people on the forums: If all you have is Negative input --- Jump ship now ---- Positivity trumps Negativity every time!!!!!:)
    Lindablair, Tierisch, Seefar and 6 others like this.
  17. oldskool Active Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Snivel Member

Apologies, I didn't see that. But then again, I'm used to seeing important announcements in the EQ2 forums, not the SOE ones
    Wirewhisker and Cyliena like this.
  19. Xaiveir Active Member

Thank you for the update Holly.

I am sure I can speak for most, when I say it is very nice to hear an update on this. Transparency, and regular updates going forward will go a long way in easing peoples fears. Even if its just to say, there is nothing new. Thank you Holly, and the staff for your hard work. To all the staff that was let go, a big thank you to you as well, I (we) appreciate all the hard work and hours you have put in. Good luck on your future endeavors.
  20. luminosa Active Member

Yes. I believe the official time of Norrath is that of PST.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.