Quick Update on EQII

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Sophronia New Member

I think it's fair to say that most of your players in-game now are veteran ones and probably not ones who tend to knee-jerk reaction. I am both sorry for the losses in your team, and loyal to a game that I have loved playing. Personally, I will be taking a wait-and-see approach. I sometimes long for the game I used to play back in 2004 and frequently my ultimate experience of RoK back in 2004. But fortunately for me I still enjoy being part of a wonderful community of players, that keeps me coming back.

If Daybreak can preserve a team that can deliver a familiar EQ2 experience, with all the beautiful, gentle, thoughtful touches of the lore and game-world I recognise, I will keep coming back. These last 10+ years have been a pleasure, and I can only hope for another 10.

On this Valentine's day, I offer a congratulatory embrace to all who have made a memorable experience for me over more than a decade of playing.

Best wishes

Soph
    x
  2. Meredithe_Soulsfire Member

Well said Sophronia, couldn't agree more!
    Moonpanther likes this.
  3. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Yes Sophronia, that's one post that needs to be read by the team. Very spot on!
    Moonpanther and Tierisch like this.
  4. Spindle Well-Known Member

Incredibly well said, Sophronia! this, um, older, EQ Vet agrees with you!
  5. GIndotto Well-Known Member

In restless dreams I walked alone
    Narrow streets of cobblestone
    'Neath the halo of a street lamp
    I turned my collar to the cold and damp
    When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
    That split the night
    And touched the sound of silence

- Paul Simon
    Moonpanther likes this.
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Moon, not fair...we cannot both do the bells thing?? Now, I have to find another outfit. *grumble...* But, I'm in on the happy dancing & showing support part. ;)
    Moonpanther, Prissetta and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I would love to trust this, but you don't buy a product without expecting a significant return. Which in many cases brings in new ideas which is good and bad. Such as the lore of the game, the bases that make it up, followed switching it and introduction to content. I would assume to thoroughly be able to stay on the same path would not be possible, same reason it isn't profitable.
  8. Necris New Member

Thank you sooo very much for the livestream Holly.
  9. Gramma Active Member

...so all my frantic heritage house item hoarding can slow down, then. (I tend to panic is strange inexplicable ways)
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

Holly, I have to tell you, that though I don't have faith in some of the team that is left as they were there for a lot of the poor decision-making problems of the past...your comments and coming into this thread to assure us, the consumer has gone a long way to winning me over to sticking around and continuing my monthly gold membership on both accounts.

It's very rare to see a dev come into the public forums and offer us the words of comfort we all need to hear now, and being a very long time player of SOE games, some of which were sunsetted, I do truly appreciate your heartfelt posts here. As

EQII is the last stepping stone of my online gaming world, once it sinks ship, I'm done with gaming entirely. Therefore, I look forward to many more years with this game, though I have no faith at the moment in it's true future. I will, however, stick around to the very end, as long as we are not lied to or cheated by Daybreak or ColumbusNova. Thank you again, for coming into these forums and giving us the assurances you have.

I realize that you only know as much as ColumbusNova will permit you to know, and that you are not responsible for any actions they may take above and beyond the heads of Daybreak, and I will not hold Daybreak or any of your team accountable, should things happen at the corporate level that even you were not aware of.

I am truly grateful to you and the team for plugging forward diligently, not permitting the ship to go down without at least a last ditch effort on your parts to assure it does not sink. It's this diligence that these games, and we, the consumers, need right now. It's this loyalty by the team, that's needed, to reassure us that our beloved games are not leaving any time soon.

Of course, these ddos attacks, certainly have come at a very inopportune time, as there are many who feel that the security of the game is at stake, and don't understand the concept behind these ddos attacks and realize that there isn't anything Daybreak or ColumbusNova could do about them. I will say, it was disappointing, this morning, to not be able to get in game, on any forums, except the EQII fansites, but not see any information posted on any fansites as to what was going on.

Perhaps, in the future, when such an attack is going on, the Daybreak team could take a moment to contact the fansite owners, like Feldon, and let them know what's happening, so they can at least inform us, the consumer, of what's going on, so that no major panic ensues. I spent a good part of the day visiting EQ2Wire and other fansites, just trying to glean some insight as to what was going on and if any progress was being made, as I was not able to get into the EQ2 forums, the support site, nor in game via the launchpad.

Sooooo..any chance of extending Erolissi celebration by a day or so, to make up for lost time? :D
  11. Kittybock Well-Known Member

For those that could not get in-game this AM or into the Forums, may I suggest creating a Twitter Account and Following the game? There were some timely Tweets today, giving some info as to what was happening. When playing Landmark, I found Twitter an invaluable resource.

You don't have to tweet on Twitter, some use it just to follow fave games, etc.

Kitty
  12. EvilDIE Member

Thanks for the update!! I myself have been very worried since we haven't really been hearing anything official...only speculation for the most part... I was hesitant in putting any more money into this game that I love so much... just the not knowing where it was going thing had me thinking it might be the end... this has also caused a great deal of problems in the general chat and dare I even say that one chat that begins with the word 'home'... I've seen many long time regulars erupt into flames... I think this has brought out the nastiness in all of us and that is very sad. But lets hope with this news that we can all move forward and put this behind us!
    Mortisha likes this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

looks like I was not the only one with problems
    I was afraid my computer is infested with slimy worms and bugs and snails slugs and caterpillars.
    Kittybock, Gramma and Tierisch like this.
  14. Mortisha Member

Thank you Holly for the update. It means a great deal, to a lot of people. I just want to infuse some positive energy into this thread. Change is hard, but it often can mean something even better is coming! Maybe those changes that the player base has been clamoring for, are finally going to come to fruition.

I would like to say that I have been enjoying the new agnostic dungeon finder intensely! I'm American, but I moved to Australia a few years ago, so my playtimes are odd. I don't speak Japanese or Korean either so I'd rather stay on Antonia Bayle, where I have found a thriving community of players! I can now log in when it is convenient for ME to play, and still have a life. I would love to see more agnostic dungeon options, and maybe even some more rare loot introduced. I got a couple of ancient spells on my lowbies this week! That was the first time I've seen them, and for a little while it was like playing Eq2 for the very first time, ALL over again!

I lament the loss of our friends who have moved on, but I know they were among the brightest, and most talented the gaming community has ever seen. They will definitely find new employment! I can't wait to see what their new projects will be. The only thing certain in life is change. When we refuse to change, we stagnate, and die. So here's to hoping that there are many many more years of an ever changing, ever NEW, Everquest, and Everquest2!

Happy Hunting Everyone!
    Alishia/Mortisha
    Dareton, NSW Australia
  15. Tierisch Well-Known Member

The main thing is to keep us updated. In the absence of facts people tend to let their imagination run wild. Thank you Windstalker.
    I for one, will be around for a long time. Long live EQ2!!
  16. Theodora New Member

I sincerely hope that this change of ownership and staff, etc. will mean that SOE will start actually paying attention to the Feedback and Suggestions we EQ2 players submit to them. I have been sending feedback and suggestions for improvements to guildhall content and other things for at least three years and I honestly feel I'm being ignored. I know I'm not the only player sending feedback. I would just like to see SOE pay more attention to what we players want.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Bashem Well-Known Member

SOE is no more you must mean DG eg Daybreak Games!
  18. Theodora New Member

I just wanted to add that I've been a dedicated EQ2 player for 10 years and I have no intention of quitting any time soon! I've made more lasting friendships on the game and as any guild leader worth their salt will tell you, leveling up a guild to level 96, so far, is no easy task. Especially when its a guild geared towards serving the older players, age 35+. I am 63 and my co-leader Tiffie Cat is 64, and our oldest member is 78. :)
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok Mortisha I am happy to tell you there are several new level agnostic dungeons in the works I read don't ask me where I read this but one of the devs said it somewhere after the change happened so its a new massage.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  20. Zinj Well-Known Member

Consider this, what tangible assets does SOE have that an investment company could sell off for a profit? Admittedly, SOE might have been bought as a tax write off, but I think it's too profitable for that. Sure, the buildings and server farm(s) might bring some return; but not like you would with a factory & manufacturing complex. Realistically, the primary value of the company lies in the customer base. Alienate that, and you lose all profit on the deal. However, I think most of you would agree with me that the games are about the best in the world, and the only reason why the player numbers aren't up is too many people have never heard of EQ, EQ2, Planetside, etc, or more importantly, seen any interesting advertising for it. For God's sake! WoW did a Superbowl commercial! You can't find an SOE commercial even on the home shopping network.