Quick Update on EQII

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Griff Well-Known Member

To begin with, it's listed in the forum rules which you are expected to comply with when using the forums. The logic behind it is that you choose the most applicable forum and post your thread there. In that manner, you get the response, in one thread, which others may participate in. Otherwise it's akin to conducting a mutual conversation, with several people, all in different rooms and expecting good communication to be the outcome.

If a thread is of interest or important, then it's most likely to get the most responses if it's in one place where other people can participate in a mutual conversation without having to visit several forum areas and threads to see what is being discussed. I would also add that a thread with multiple responses is more likely to capture the attention of others than several threads with the same topic.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm here for the long run and looking forward to the future of EQ2....my all time favorite game. Keep on keeping on and myself and others will be there with ya.
    Merriel and Griff like this.
  3. Griff Well-Known Member

Same here. But even if I was negative, which I am not, I would still take a wait and see attitude. If the game had taken a dive and no updates/patches were announced/completed, I might feel gloom and doom. I see us going forward, or at least at the same pace, not backwards, so I am positive thus far.

As a business owner, I also have to believe that even if you are acquiring a company for a resell down the line, you are going to invest in the company to make it more attractive.
    Merriel and Moonpanther like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

My hope is that the game will move forward, definitely not backwards, but I would like to see the pace increased, even if in tiny increments, one step at a time. I'd like to see some advertising done to try and increase both the player base and revenue, and the development team restored to it's full capacity, though with the negative attitude of so many, saying it's a ten year old game and that a company would not want to invest anything further into it, I fear this may not happen.

As a tried and tested game that has lasted as long as it has, and there being so much more potential for this game to grow and remain as popular as it ever was...I like to think this game can stand the test of time with the right advertisement and effort to develop it further...I truly believe the investment would be well worth it. I'm not ready to give up on EQ2 and I don't think Daybreak or Columbus Nova should be either.
  5. Lilaeth Member

I've been playing for longer than I care to remember. What I would like to see is a game that is less focused on hardcore raiding, and has more for the player who doesn't raid, or likes to game with just one or two friends.
    Grouse likes this.