Quick Update on EQII

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Steel New Member

Thanks for the update. I hope the changes work out well. Everybody is trying to forecast the weather. The pessimists are doing the bulk of the posting and they are predicting hail. I see the possibility of sunshine in EQII's future. Life is an adventure. Sometimes you just have to wait and see what happens. I've seen company buyouts work both ways. I'd rather wait and know than speculate and worry. Things might work out spectacularly well. Let's see what happens.
  2. Windstalker Executive Producer

You are the best! We honestly appreciate your support and the tone and mood here. This is why we do what we do...because of you. Thanks for sticking with us! Lots to discuss.
  3. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking the time to respond to us on the weekend Holly, I know you don't have to and it really means a lot to me and I'm sure many others. :)
  4. Sharann Well-Known Member

We are not going anywhere, Norrath is the place to be. :)

But please keep us in the loop. We want to know what's in the works.

Wishing the dev team all the best!
  5. Diedra New Member

It is sad to hear that a lot of good people are leaving. I am sure they have a bright future ahead of them. Good luck you you all.
  6. AdamAitch New Member

Time to log in and take all those nostalgic screenshots I always wanted to take.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Since there was a major interruption recently, can we extend Erollisi Day a bit? At least a couple of days to make up for the ones we missed? :-/

Uwk
  8. suka Well-Known Member

forgot to mention before with all going on - CONGRATZ HOLLY on becoming executive producer! great news for all of us.
    Gramma, Prissetta, jakenn and 2 others like this.
  9. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Wasn't Holly ALWAYS the EP? I always thought she was, even though most people don't even know what her job is. XD
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

I apologize if I've got any of these wrong, but my understanding is, Holly was Senior Producer over EQ2. Thom Terrazas was Senior Producer over EQ. Dave Georgeson was Executive Producer over the EverQuest Franchise.

Now, Holly is Executive Producer over EverQuest and EverQuest II. I believe Terry Michaels remains Senior Producer over EQNext/Landmark.
  11. Spindle Well-Known Member

You've posted this on, at least, 4 threads. You know this is against forum policy. Taking advantage of no current CS to play things 'your way?'

Whoever is monitoring the forums has read this request from other players. They get the picture. They don't have to answer but they get the picture.
    Siren, Mozil and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. ruthless619 Member

Xelgad is gone so that means someone better will replace him.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::irk:: Really? Drat...well, if they start yanking them, at least I'll know they saw 'em (and Spindle, how did you know about the others? I'm flattered you follow me! :D)! ;->

And I've jumped back into the holiday when I could get back in; Freeport, Qeynos, New Halas, Thundering Steppes (and to a lesser extent, Gorowyn), and, I presume, Lavastorm, Everfrost, and Enchanted Lands are all staggering, last I knew, full to the near-breaking point with people desperately scrambling (myself included, wanting to get stuff finished before I'd get booted again. Fortunately, that never happened, but it was dangling overhead). The three small numbers and the fluctuating bar chart that you get when you hit F11, the green, red, and yellow, were all flickering on and off like a drum solo; the middle, red number, which isn't supposed to get above 0 without disaster following on its heels, frequently had a non-zero value; the bottom yellow number was often in 5 digits (in other words, from the low 100's like it usually is for me shooting up to 30,000 at one point), and nothing was accessible when that would happen (no mail, no zoning, no Hailing NPCs, no changing of the last command, etc.); and at least one occasion, the green bar chart went yellow and its usually sweet peaks dropped to merely a shag carpet. :-/

The minute I'd zone (successfully, which took some doing when the yellow number was in the tens of thousands) into a currently low-populated area, like Neriak, everything was fine. The last thing the servers need right now is more strain, and giving us some time in general might help relieve that.

Uwk
    Pipsissiwa and jakenn like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was always wondering why I only got that on one of my toons I got this display for how well the game runs on only one of my characters on a account with 12 what gives ?
    and what does F 11 mean ?
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

F11 is a key on most keyboards; there are a lot of interesting functions (well, at least a couple) that you can turn on in the game using the F keys (F1-F12, across the top of the keyboard). Basically, what it does is brings up a display on how well your signals, packets, etc. are moving back and forth between the server and your computer. :)

Uwk
    who, no, doesn't really know what most of the little numbers mean...and it's not green, red, and yellow, but cyan (light blue), red, and yellow; the green number is a large one, indicating how your FPS (Frames Per Second) rate is doing
    Kittybock and jakenn like this.
  16. jakenn Member

Thank you, Feldon, for clarifying ~ ~ you are soooo good at that. ;~)
    Spindle likes this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahhhhhhhhhhh thanks.
    its for shure an interesting thing
    I for one don't know a lot about computers and programs I am a computer noob
    so information like this is nice to get
    thanks Uwkete.
    I must have turned the display on by chance o well now I know where it came from
  18. Kittybock Well-Known Member

F11 turns on the Performance meter, handy tool.

High-level overview:
    Blue is your Ping time to server and back
    Green is your FPS (Frames per Second)
    Red shows packet loss. Too many packets drop and, eventually, you will lose connectivity.
    Yellow is the amount of data transferred, or bytes sent back and forth to server.

As an aside, you can click on any one of the numbers, to change the data displayed in the graph (on the right side). The default is FPS. If you are running pretty solid, it should look like nice green grass ;)

Hope this helps,

Kitty
  19. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Ah, that explains that then, thanks.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't see why it should be against forum policy to post a request on more than one thread, as long as the forum it's being posted in is appropriate for the request. More places requested, more chance it will be seen by the dev's. As long as the person doing the posting is not breaking any forum rules such as being derogative or rude, attacking another player for posting, etc, I don't see the problem. :/