Q&A Regarding SF International DD

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Kiara has said that Steam will be selling the game to those outside of the America's (N and S) on the 16th.
    Perhaps you could ask them that? Not as a pre-order, but as a sale?
  2. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Shareana wrote:
    I must be blind, I just saw the post that someone got an email where the ship dates were incorrect (supposedly), however I see no remedy to it?
    I don't see much recourse if they claim the delievery will be on the 23rd.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Nuhus wrote:
    The original post from the one that questioned Amazon.ca is here. I took that to mean that the dates on Amazon.ca were incorrect and that they would be shipping out on time ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Jolissa Guest

Shareana wrote:
    The question I asked was:
    I have been told by SOE that I will be able to purchase a DD Pre-order of Sentinels Fate from you guys on the 16th of Feb. It is only availible for non-US accounts. Is that correct? will I be able to buy this expansion and get immediate access to the game key on the 16th? I am in Australia.
    Pretty clear. I will continue to have my doubts.
  5. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

That is up to you, but I would like to point out that you asked if they would be sellng the Pre-order... I do not believe that Steam sells Pre-orders of this game. But Kiara has been told that Steam will sell the game to those outside of North America and South America. *shrugs*
  6. ARCHIVED-Bhagpuss Guest

Still no meaningful reply from D2D. I have just told them that if I don't get a reply that makes sense by tomorrow I will assume they don't want my business.
    For the record, I would pay a premium just to be able to buy ONLY the access code from the Station Store. SOE could charge me an extra 20% and not give me any of the in-game items if only they would let me click a button on their website and let me just add the expansion to my account.
    Why does it have to be so difficult to give you money?
  7. ARCHIVED-Saevan Guest

Good news! Best Buy Canada has updated their web site with Sentinel's Fate!
    NEW! Everquest 2: Sentinel's Fate (PC)

Web Code:10139835
    • Rating: T
    • Release Date: 18/02/2010
    Our Price:$39.99
    Pre-Order
    Add to Wish List
    Add to Price Watch
    • Shipping:
    • Pre-Orders: This product is scheduled to arrive in our warehouse on 02/18/2010
    • In-Store Availability:
    • Not available

Ah well, the 17th at the local EBGames is still looking like the best bet.
  8. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

WHOOHOO!!! It is getting better ;)
    Did you call the local Ebgames store? The ebgames.ca now has a street date of the 16th ;) Maybe the store will too ....
  9. ARCHIVED-Jolissa Guest

Shareana wrote:
    part of my questions was "will I be able to buy this expansion and get immediate access to the game key on the 16th?" I would have thought that was clear enough.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jolissa Guest

Bhagpuss wrote:
    QFE
    Yeah, I just don't get it. 3 Months since this debacle was announced and we are still being asked to wait. Now it's wait till launch day itself. At least we will know either way on the 16th, no use asking us to wait after then.
  11. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Spyrit@Najena wrote:
    Actually, your two posts had the words Pre-order in it... lol
    Hello xxxx, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. At this time there is no pre-order available for this title. We will be unable to provide further information regarding this product at this time. Please refer to the Steam News section for the latest information on upcoming Steam titles and content. Steam News http://store.steampowered.com/news/ Thank you for your interest.
    This tells me that they do not have a pre-order available, and that they are unable to give you more info right now....
  12. ARCHIVED-Rajaah Guest

Direct2Drive and DL Gamer both say that the pre-order DD is available in Japan, but trust me that it isn't. Specifically, Direct2Drive says this: Error: EverQuest® II Sentinel's Fate™ is Country restricted on your IP., when I attempt to purchase it. Real nice, eh? I've contacted their support, but considering how slow and irrational their responses have been in the past, I doubt I will get anything meaningful out of them by the 16th.
  13. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Rajaah wrote:
    Do you by any chance live on a US base? If you do not hear back from them, take a look at Steam on the 16th...
  14. ARCHIVED-@jax Guest

Well i've read hundreds of posts over this issue over the last few months. Firstly i'd like to say that there has been a lot of hard work by people to try and resolve this issue and thanks. The real issue at hand here is that i sit at my pc on the 14th Feb and the issue remains unresolved in total. As for game releases this must be the worst and greatest release mismanagement that i have ever seen by any company anywhere.
    Lets hope that whomever should be watching at Sony that this never ever transpires again. The world has moved to a digital format now. If you have distrubutors for all countries and want it on shelf , state you either stock it on shelves or you lose your agreement, its that simple, you've got good lawyers, make use of them.

I know i have to wait now patiently to the 16th US time and hope that Steam do list the game. Its a shame there isn't a preorder option for any Australian and quite a few other nationalities. I know that its $39.99 so there is some details.
    All i do is now and says thanks for efforts regardless of how bad i think it all has turned out. I'm not happy lets just say that.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Shareana wrote:
    Ah, it's not reassuring for amazon.ca to have the wrong dates. Anywho, at least gamstop (eb games canada) has the right date for the regular edition anyways. Hopefully they get it in
  16. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Nuhus wrote:
    I know that my local stores have them in currently, but are refusing to sell them prior to Tuesday (as they should). Perhaps you can call to see if they have them in the store at least?
  17. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Nuhus wrote:
    As per their answer that I reposted, it was a technical error, and they clearly said that the estimated shipping date was "miscalculated". Which means the error was on what's displayed on the order - their website does state that availability for the product is on the 16th, so I assume they would ship on the 16th or 17th.
    In any case I have already cancelled my order with them, and ordered it from Gamestop.ca (won't have time to visit an EBGames store after work, so online order is my best bet on getting it in time for the weekend).
  18. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Just a quick question. Anyone know when D2D and the other providers will begin downloading? Midnight GMT on the 15th/16th? When the servers come back up? Some other randomly selected time? I'd like to think earlier rather than later as we will still need to wait for the servers and the inevitable patching.
  19. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    ok, this was a hard time and much work, so, please, do us and yourself a favor and do it in the next expansion as you did it the last 5 years:
    Just give a large bunch of packages to Amazon (worldwide), so that we can order it as we did the last 5 years, thanks.
    Thats the first year i don't have a collectors box (even not a box) here.
    Best Regards,
    Theriatis (EU Customer)
  20. ARCHIVED-@jax Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    i believe the time is linked to 16th in the USA.. not sure if its east or west coast though...