Q&A Regarding SF International DD

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

International customers will be able to DD the expansion on Feb 16th and take advantage of the headstart offer.
    They will receive the DD version of the game and the things included in that package:
    • These include:
      • 500 Station Cash
      • LoN Fall of Erudin scenario
      • 30 days free play time for new accounts
      • In-game armor piece - Guarding of the Learned
    The distributors have not yet been announced. We are still waiting on some final requirements to be met. As soon as we are permitted to do so, we will announce the distributors and provide links to their pages.
    US and Canadian customers will not have the DD option on the 16th.
    Accepting orders as of today:
    DL Gamer:
    English
    French
    German
    Direct to Drive:
    English
    French and German
    Accepting orders as of February 16th:
    Steam (to the best of our knowledge, be covering anyone not in north or south america)
    Main Site
    Please post any questions in this thread. Keep in mind that any uncivilized behaviour will be removed. Please do not turn this into another thread filled with nastiness. People have legitimate questions that need to be answered.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

The Collector's Edition will not be available via DD. If you wish to have the CE, you'll need to still purchase via a retail outlet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ja'chyra Guest

Well that answers one question, the other question would be, is the retail version and specifically the CE going to be available in the UK at any point?

I want the free mount really but don't want to pay 60-70 GBP to get it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

I don't know if they'll be available internationally via retail channels.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

I'm guessing the Digital Download for international players on the 16th through Steam was mean for the non-Euro players, like Australians? If so, does it still have the pre-order bonuses even though its not available until launch day?
    Thanks in advance. [IMG]

Yup. You'll start on the 16th and have the in-game goods associated with the DD.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ja'chyra Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Without trying to appear as a petulant child, this doesn't seem fair as I have paid for a station account for about 5 years.

Would there be any sites that sell just the game codes, not sure if I'm allowed to ask this question although any help would be appreciated.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

That's another one I'm unable to answer.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aegirson Guest

It has sadly always been an issue for non-north american customers :/
    Community people support us but not the marketing/sales... the day they'll understand that Europe and other countries ARE a real market, we may have a chance to get those products in time. For now, I'm using DL Gamer for all SOE products and they work great !
    If you want the Collector Edition, I would advise to wait a bit and you should be able to get some on some of the major stores through internet, usually Amazon (UK version) is working well and their expedition fee is decent. Good luck and thanks Kiara for keeping us updated :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Ja'chyra Guest

Just so you know I have asked on Shattered Crystal if they will be providing these codes and they are going to get back to me, I will post again if they decide to do so.

Until then I'll sulk and keep checking Amazon uk
  10. ARCHIVED-Efour EQ2 Guest

All we really want is CD keys.. the Patcher will do the rest.

Cheers.
  11. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Mdall@Mistmoore wrote:
    Grats to you Euro types!

But, it's not always been particularly nice over here either. With no B&M establishments near me that stocked SOE products, I've had to scramble to find other outlets at the last minute. And this came after being burned by Walmart that assured me they'd carry it....I don't even remember what expansion it was, though possibly EoF.... Come game day, they did'nt have it, and did'nt have plans on stocking it. I'm very thankful Amazon, and DD exists, that SOE is taking advantage of them, and that SOE is clearly working toward getting EQII expansions on store shelves. Hopefully this will extend to markets outside the continental U.S.
  12. ARCHIVED-GregR01 Guest

I've been attempting to Pre-order the SF expansion through Direct2drive but its telling me that my location is country restricted?!?
    Error from Direct2drive:
    Error: EverQuest® II Sentinel's Fate™ is Country restricted on your IP.
    I currently live in Thailand, with a normal thailand IP address. does this mean folks in Asia cant purchase the DD? whats going on?
    I tried purchasing through steam, no sentinals fate listed yet
    I also tried to order through DLgamer but they wont accept any payments from Thailand, lol.

Greg
  13. ARCHIVED-Jolissa Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Sorry? What? So I am in Australia, does that mean I still can't Pre-order?????? Steam has nothing on thier Website. I know you said the 16th but I would have guessed they would at least have a coming soon?
    Where is my option?
  14. ARCHIVED-Ja'chyra Guest

Steam seems to do big updates two or three times a week, I would have thought you be able to see it on Monday at the latest which is when they normally do an update for the offer of the week if nothing else.
  15. ARCHIVED-Saranum Guest

So
    Direct2Drive does not sell outside of European Union and Japan
    DLGamer puts an EU VAT on all Prices even when ordering from an non-Eu Country (I refuse to pay 17% (or so) taxes to the EU when I'm not a member)
    Then I'm asking do you know at which price Steam will sell Sentinel's Fate? And do they serve all Countries outside of US??
  16. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Probably the same price as the other 2 sites. God forbid any of them offer discounts...
    I seemed to remember Digital Purchases of games being touted as being cheaper than box copies. Yeah that lasted all of 5 minutes.
    Yet another way we get reemed by SoE failure to find a Retail Distributor, full priced digital copies of overpriced expansion packs.
    Looks like I will be paying 100% more for SF than I paid for TSO for an inferior product and no actual Discs...
  17. ARCHIVED-Garghglargh Guest

Steam, Direct 2 Drive, and DLgamer does not support Norway, and that is because we are outside of EU, so thank you for your effort, for me ill be on extended vacation till 23rd, since it will be avail for sale then. For your information Norway isnt the capital of Sweden, its a country located in the European continent, its in the northern peninsula where the scandinavian country is located.
    See ya in SF the 23rd.
  18. ARCHIVED-Sike78 Guest

Thanks you for the update kiara, appreciated!
    Although i'm still struggling to find where I buy it..... i'm in Australia. Steam appears to be the only answer available to us Aussies, but steam isn't accepting orders until the 16th.
    Us Aussies still have no idea on pricing, and we won't have any idea until the 16th.... and that's even if Steam has an Australian price!

Thanks again
  19. ARCHIVED-Maigraith Guest

I am in NZ and have ordered a copy from DLGamer which has gone through ok, I sent them an email to confirm I will definately get the game code on the 16th being outside the EU and got an email back very quickly saying (I think) yes lol
    This is the reply
    Hello ,

Your Welcome

You supplie in Southern Hemisphere

The dlgamer staff

What do you think LOL Broken english but hell of a lot better than my non existent french so no complaints here hehe. It's given me the option to download the game though so looks all like it is ok /fingers crossed
  20. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Lol, I hope that it works for you and everyone else with this. ;)