Q&A Regarding SF International DD

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

We will have further news on the DL Gamer keys in about an hour (so roughly 12:30pm PST).
  2. ARCHIVED-sompet_eq2 Guest

Kiara wrote:
    which is 21:30 CET in real times
  3. ARCHIVED-19062005 Guest

i buyed from steam can you help me what to do now they sent me a mail but it doesnt included any cd key
    only a confirmation code that i cant enable sf
  4. ARCHIVED-Jonahs Guest

19062005 wrote:
    Tell Steam to start installing so it moves to installed area of Steam, then cancel download. You can then right click on it and get your Key.
  5. ARCHIVED-harleygjc Guest

yet again still no sign of a key from dlgamer, now they say they are waiting on a delivery of additional keys from soe!! so who's at fault here? personally I blame soe for making such a monumental mess up of this expansion, I'll give it untill tommorrow then dlgamer will be getting another mail from me requesting a cancellation and I'll try d2d! can't say I'm happy with soe at all at the moment.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gormak Guest

Personally im settled in with everything i need.
    But boy oh boy. Sony, this has to be your worst expansion launch ever. It truely boggles the mind what the logic and reasoning (or lack thereof) went in to doing an expansion launch in this manner.
    What was so wrong with past expansion launches?
    As much as the fanbois of SoE may not like it, Everquest 2 is about the game, not boxes, and figurines, and cosmetic ingame items.
    Id be truely interested in seeing a post from someone in the position to give us all the facts on WHY the expansion launch was decided to be done this way.
  7. ARCHIVED-LtColWulff Guest

Why are we Canadian players getting short changed on the DD front? I am wanting to access the expansion , but am not able to even buy the Xpack through Digital Dowload due to living in Canada. every single D2D or Digital Download site that I have gone to, even steam , say's "This item is currently unavailable in your region " .
    I ask WHY . why are we being ignored?
  8. ARCHIVED-sompet_eq2 Guest

just got both keys from DL gamer.

and I agree, it's a terrible and chaotic release.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zalaeh Guest

still no key. still no way to contact them.

And no, writing a mail thats not going to get any reply to cancel the order is not good enough for me. I will definitely not be paying twice for not getting anything.

and whatever happened to kiaras promise that we would hear something about our keys by 21.30 cet ??? thats more then 45 mins ago and still not a single word ! Runnyeye is up, but I cant patch, and I have no key..
  10. ARCHIVED-Shoushin Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

DL Gamer has the new keys and should be mailing them out now.
  12. ARCHIVED-Saevan Guest

LtColWulff wrote:
    SOE's position is that we have the same options as the US players so we do not get the DD. I've commented on this previously, since the street dates of our versions of US retailers are the 17th or 18th, and none of them ship in time for today.
    As it turns out, my local EBGames has called me to say that my pre-order is ready for pickup. If you can, I suggest you head to a local store.
  13. ARCHIVED-VerkMahdison Guest

(Surveys scene of battle- dust settling over the corpses of former players- burning structures in the distance that resemble the offices of 3 D2D websites---- in the air a dreadful sound of keen and lament.)
    Sooooo----- what have we learned from this debacle?
    That SOE seem to think every euro-country is actually a member of the EU also including Canada for some bizarre reason.
    That either non US players are vastly greater in number than thought- or keener on the game than assumed- OR is it possible that US players with EU freinds could ask them to purchase a key on their behalf? This might account for the weird discrepancy? Is it technically possible? Or can SOE just not count the number of non US accounts? This last seems unlikely to me (I hope).
    That many American purchasers of the box, -those that could get them due to what seems to be another underestimation of demand- feel cheated over the slight contents thereof.
    That player aggravation can hit a fresh level of incandesence.
    That the lucky few that have managed to buy what they already have for the FOURTH time have ended up with an expansion approximately the size of Moors - one that apparently lags like last years calander and that crashes and wont release their characters when it has done so.
    On the whole I would summarise this experience with a single word---- inept. But i'm sure that others will have more colourful phrases ready to hurl.
  14. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

My local gamestop hadnt even heard of an EQ2 expansion. That said, they only had one shelf of PC games in the whole store. 50% of which were boxed WoW expansions.
    I've not seen an EQ2 box in the wild for many years.
  15. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This is why per ordering is a lovely thing :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

Shareana wrote:
    It is if it works. Thankfully I'm old enough now to be able to wait as long as I need to get it without turning my hair any whiter. Yay...though I'd like knees that work properly :(
  17. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Guy De Alsace wrote:
    Why wouldnt it work? I don't understand this... They look it up in the system..
  18. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

What TIME on the 23rd will the digital download become active for U.S. players?