PvP in 2020

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Swerver, Jan 11, 2020.

1. NewPlayer New Member

Hello!
    I can buy new expansions. But just for play in PvP server. I guess like other thousand people.
    I start play in 2006 year in Harla Dar. When akella support. The membership cost 250 rouble. Then 350 rouble. For school student it wasn"t a lot money. But when in russian stop support. Membership cost 15 dollars. In rouble it is 1300 ROuble! ALO daybreak 1300 and 350.What a **** you doing there? Think about new instant?
    Please Think about PvP server and Russian support!!!!
  2. Frostfang Member

?????????????????????????????????????
  3. Frostfang Member

exactly this. MC used to be a little worse than legendary stuff but now its all over the place with treasured being better than many legendary and fabled, etc. WTF is this itemization?
    Obano and WhiteHulk like this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

I don't speak Russian so I will do the best I can for you in English. There is a PvP server coming. There will be more details in a future edition of Kander's Candor. You can join EQ2's Discord to watch for developers mentioning PvP there. If you've been banned off Discord in the past, send a private message to Dreamweaver, who is this forum's moderator. He can probably clear your ban.

As to pricing, Russian to American currency conversions, and the whims of the international markets, I can't help you there. I assume Daybreak sets one price that covers them for upward fluctuations instead of having to reset it constantly. This is a pretty turbulent time in the world, due to COVID-19, so I wouldn't expect any big changes anytime soon, until world economies settle down.

Right now, there is no PvP server up, so you could just play for free on the F2P servers, practice different classes, look over contested area bosses for future pulls, etc.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  5. Swerver New Member

Any news regarding the possible pvp server? Saw more was mentioned in a podcast and on discord but don't know many details about it.
  6. sh33pOwner New Member

I can translate it for you)

Actually salaries and prices in Russia are lower (sometimes much much lower) than in EU/US so we often have "local" prices for "entertainment" goods. Game prices in Steam usually 2-3 times lower, WoW sub costs 8 USD vs 15 USD for other countries.
    So from 2006 and until ~2015 we had eq2 localization and the game was distributing by local company. So we had local prices) But when eq2 started to die, russian version was closed and all character was transfered to EU server. After that all Russians got 15$ sub and sometimes idiot like that starts crying about it.
    Siren likes this.
  7. AimChatScum New Member

yall makin a pvp box? Hey Kazzo.
  8. AimChatScum New Member

9. Dude Well-Known Member

10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Dude and Schmetterling like this.
  11. sh33pOwner New Member

12. Frostfang Member

I'm guessing we won't being seeing another pvp server til next year
  13. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Yeah, they mentioned the current expansion on live was kind of a fail because they were so behind, so now they're already working on the next expansion to try and get ahead and stay ahead, which means pvp probably won't be touched this year.
  14. Durzo New Member

Siren likes this.
  15. WhiteHulk New Member

no offense but reason there wasn't a lot of interest is because their characters were getting deleted. if it was a actual server it woulda lasted. and have a pop.
    Exulia likes this.
  16. Exulia New Member

one million times agree!!!
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

Kander said recently in one of those podcasts that "they're not done with PvP." :)

People are jumping to conclusions that there won't be a PvP server up this year.

BGs are never coming back: they were rushed in after orders from on high, and people were losing characters permanently and having major zoning problems in and out. Kander said it would need to be rebuilt from the ground up to ever function correctly, and they don't have the resources to ever do that. Plus, Caith works on PvP alone, and he has said multiple times that he can't keep the two types of gear (PvP and PvE) going.

Thank goodness, because I hate "PvP in a can" as Fleshdecay would label BGs. ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  19. Byron Member

20. Armament New Member

Any news on permanent PVP server? thought episode 4 confirmed PVP is coming, year is almost is over and been literally a year since temporary PVP server went up. we need:

1. Old School PVP- lock servers down to Kingdom of Sky MAX! let people enjoy gearing up and stay motivated to do PVE to be to gain gears to be good at PVP

2. Introduce shard recovery, XP loss, please! cut down on short cuts like XP potions and unnecessary vitality
    Siren likes this.