Putting the Rage in Ragefire

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kcool005, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Darkon Well-Known Member

My only complaint is it didn't require this level of healing, and now it does.

The mob was made harder by a factor of like 50 a month after the expansion launched.
  2. Brickfist Member

Seconded. Any group mob that you have to tailor the group to specific classes and not archetypes is broken. Plain and simple.
  3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

The same was with duo zones when they first came on. Some duo combinations were OP other never made it through.
    We just have to accept it and keep trying (dps wise and speccs). We all may get this mount update... eventually or may not. Somebody has already said that not everyone is supposed to have the best mount in the slot. Best of the best will...
  4. Prrasha Well-Known Member

The duo zones were designed as part of the raid progression, though, so the "raid encounter design rules" (i.e. assume the group can be tailored to the encounter) apply. I don't think there was a particular class that couldn't get them done at all, just some that needed a particular class to help them through. Which is something most raid forces would have been able to do.

Group zones, however, should be pick-up-groupable with any reasonable setup (1 tank, 1-2 heal, 1-2 support, 1-3 DPS) in group-obtainable gear. Not "ok, we made it to the end and the mob you need noxious damage for spawned. Kick the bruiser and inq and swash, and LFG for an SK and defiler and warlock" or whatever. That's just terrible design.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I don't see the difference. X2 mob is for raiders to kill in a group with a perfect set up.
    And don't tell me that coer/defiler could've gotten through duo zones.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Kraeref here. Zordaclicus Ragefire X2 is a Raid Encounter that you just so happen to face as One Group. He has a Heroic Encounter. This fight was designed as a challenge for Raiders to do to get the best Mount.
  7. Darkon Well-Known Member

I did the duo zones on a defiler last expansion. Every class was more than capable of doing them.
  8. Hammdaddy Active Member

This duo zones argument is old as aids, honestly two templars could of done all of them just dont be bad ****.
  9. DarkSavant New Member

So, can someone explain the strategy to this fight please?

[IMG] [IMG]
  10. Hammdaddy Active Member

11. Balbasur Active Member

This mob is too hard it's unfair that some people got the mounts when the mob was easy, please take their mounts away.
  12. Nojael New Member

So new update notes and still no word on this one?
  13. Hammdaddy Active Member

Agreed.
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

To it being too hard or to the idea of stripping the item from all players who attained it prior to the fix?
  15. Azian Well-Known Member

The idea of stripping it from those who have it is simply laughable and foolish. This coming from someone who doesn't have it.

I've only once been in what might have been the right group at the right location to even make a few serious pulls. Usually we seem to get it in horrid locations like up in the Hive or it's something like me tanking on my gimpy SK, or we have low dps, or a new healer where it's clearly just not going to happen. Our couple pulls the other night were not enough for us to pin down wth is going on with his circles and movement/positioning before some of the group had to call it a night.

Ethereal Enfeeblement does seem like it will be a b**** to deal with.
  16. Widem Active Member

They aren't going to strip people, but the encounter is fundamentally flawed.

Difficult content exposes weaknesses in class makeup and the idea of having to have a perfect scenerio in order to accomplish this is just poor planning. If it spawns in the wrong zone, with the wrong group setup, you are simply screwed. If this encounter was designed for raiders then there would be some logical gear progression into raids, but as everyone knows there is not.

This encounter is simply not a gear issue, its a design issue. The vast majority of gear which is nice comes from heroic zones. Getting this mob in a zone which has no room for pull. ETC. Which is now beating a dead horse.

The main problem with this encounter is the lack of creativity in acomplishing its defeat. Killing adds really isn't an option, AE agro tanks are above and beyond the best and easiest to use in holding adds, and the vast majority of damage comes in the form of a random, unavoidable, nonscripted event. I think the real issue is the encounter is just a purely caveman fight.
  17. Karagon Active Member

Duo instances were doable with a great variety of classes. This boss require ideal setup with a druid - and, if druid is alone and not geared in best stuff in the game and can't press buttons as a god - requires 2nd healer all the time. Other healers can't do a lot here. That AOE doesn't trigger the cleric's reactives - and that's really make it useless there. All shaman's groupwards goes for healing the tank there - and it's not very cool when it's divided vs 6 people. And AOE hits each one for the full amount of that ward. so it's also useless. Something definately should be changed in order to make this mob killable without an really ideal setup.
  18. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I've killed it a few times and while it is fun countering all that damage, it isn't fun having to spend hours doing it with a less than ideal set-up knowing that your update depends on it. I can somewhat understand the difficulty because this mount is on par with the DMP mount, but I would say Djinn Master is easier than this encounter. I'd probably like to see Ragefire about 20 percent weaker than he is now. Still a challenge, but with enough wiggle room to bring in less than ideal classes so they can get their update too. I've not killed it without a Berserker there doing 100k+ HPS themselves and being OP. :)
    Karagon likes this.
  19. Treejay Active Member

It's not nearly as hard now and we killed it last night with a not so ideal set up. It was kind of a pain, and we had no chanter. It's the best mount in game..stop wanting it to be easy.
  20. Karagon Active Member

Go tank it with a monk or guardian or a bruiser with having almost zero chance of grabbing the 4th+ pack of adds if you are not killing them, without warden/fury that is top geared or near it in the group. And then say how easy it is lol... I am somehow pretty sure it could be killed solo with a zerker in hour or a bit more, if 9+ adds just spawned at the fight start.

I realy would love to see this fight completely rebalanced - lowering the HP of adds x1,5 or so, raising their damage x5 - so you'd have to kill them or they screw your tank, declining the AOE damage twice - so any 1 healer would be able to heal through it - if he is best geared and know how to play - or 2 different healers of any different classe - but maybe not so good and maybe not wearing the best items in game, but not only druids... Or maybe making AOE land every 10 sec's but only with extra 1 tick on it after 4 sec's (AOE land - 4 sec's - AOE ticks and gones off - 6 sec's AOE lands and so on...)- so reactives would work for the every 1st tick and shamans would be able to heal through it before new one land - giving them extra 2 sec's for extra healing. SOmething like that....

I am not saying its totally unkillable now. It is killable really. And we also killed it. But its TOO hard. Really TOO hard. To kill it you need to bring either imba classes for that fight (zerker/sk/pally who can heal themselves and having AE's without a number of targets so they can easily grab 4th, 5th, etc pack of adds, and a druid to heal the entire group not focusing on tanks), either best DPS people on your server to burn it down VERY fast, either do some other things that can't be done in an ideal groups. And this mob really drops nothing very usefull to be that hard. It updates quest - yes. But thats the only thing. Mount isn't that imba. It's a bit better than the one you can get for 3000 etimas or killing the djinn master with 9 people. Mainly because it grants extra 8k hp - but it's nearly useless really... After you kill it 1 time - it really doesn't worth the effort. And 99% of all who are able to kill it - did it before AOE started landing some time ago. So...

I do not wanna fight being EASY! I wanna it be similar if you come with different setups of people who know how to press buttons. Not only one's mentioned earlier...