Putting the Rage in Ragefire

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kcool005, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Darkon Well-Known Member

Must not have gotten a 6 man arcane at the start! If you had, it wouldn't have died.
  2. Mathrim Active Member

So.......has anyone here actually managed to kill Ragefire with the Ethereal Enfeeblement from the start of the fight? If you did it without getting it after the patch where it showed up, would you mind sharing any clues on how to avoid it?

We've been clearing Dominion with ease for a couple of weeks and finally got Rage to spawn in a good zone. We pulled for about an hour, trying different things with no luck. We got him down to about 75% before the Enfeeblement finally caught up.

At the end of the fight right before we wiped, we were healing 600k hps and Enfeeblement was still too much.

If people are killing it with the Enfeeblement, would you mind sharing your group build class wise and maybe a group dps/heal parse so I can see where we are in relation?
  3. Gaealiege Active Member

I too am interested in seeing that information, Mathrim.
  4. Karagon Active Member

You can't avoid it - it's what i understood from Kander. It's supposed to be healed. The only way to do it - is bringing 2 very good healers (one should be druid) and burn named down fast - while killing adds or not... Damage from it is really too much... Hope it'll be fixed...
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Best I've pulled post-Enfeeblement is 70% and that was a loss due to Adds stacking up, the two healers barely kept up but I think it was a losing battle. The group to kill this now really does have to be optimal, far more than the level of Dominion.
  6. Hammdaddy Active Member

Solo healed by a fury (im a god) 6man arcane basically all fight~
  7. Hammdaddy Active Member

8. Mathrim Active Member

Mind posting what your group build from a class perspective was? If you had ACT running, could you post the Outgoing Damage from Zordak for Ethereal Enfeeblement? This is what we are seeing. Ethereal Enfeeblement by itself is 70% of the incoming damage and is requiring 300k+ hps just for the 1 ability alone. It is hitting right at the start and nothing we could figure out from trying different positions or options is preventing it.

TYPE DAMAGE ENCDPS MAXHIT
    All 129,400,856 450,874.06 1,120,425
    Ethereal Enfeeblement 87,497,031 304,867.70 974,669
    burn 34,515,977 120,264.73 1,120,425
  9. Hammdaddy Active Member

Wizard,Conj,Illy,troub,zerker,fury
    [IMG]
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

ouch, 250K Incoming damage from Enfeeblement alone.
  11. Mathrim Active Member

Interesting group build. You went with full dps burn vs survival. I'm guessing your group was doing in the neighborhood of 10 to 12 mil to make it a 4 min fight?

Even factoring in the Zerker self healing, you still must have been solo healing at least 300k+ hps which is impressive....and scary.

Guess our group has a ways to go and will have to re-think our design if we want to try this fight. Even in your fight, you are taking 1.5k million Ethereal hits and it's doing a stupid amount of damage in relation to the rest of the script. I just don't see our survival group being able to last the 14 to 15 minutes necessary with our dps while trying to survive the Enfeeblement.
  12. Gaealiege Active Member

Now let's see that solo healing with a shaman, Ham!
  13. Karagon Active Member

Zerkers and druids just OP on that named. With VERY good druid and VERY good dps it can be healed with 1 healer (especially if zerker is tanking and you almost don't need to heal tank there and can focus group healing only). But you can't do same with other classes (maybe you can with 2 healers - we didn't succeed with Defiler+inq - but they need to be REALLY REALLY COOL), especially with lesser dps...
  14. Hammdaddy Active Member

We did it down to like 40% with a guardian.
  15. Hammdaddy Active Member

With a guardian it was like 500k hps, our kill pull i was at like 360k~
  16. Hammdaddy Active Member

I solo healed an sk through it before the change with a ten minute fight on a fury. It honestly wasn't challenging enough before.
    edit: without a bard one run and the other with two bards.
  17. Skream Member

I've had a warden solo heal it more than once, def my preferred healer type for this encounter.
  18. Darkon Well-Known Member

Druids are easily capable of solo healing it. It's perfect for the way their heals function.

The problem occurs when you try to put together a group comprised with non-ideal classes. With a zerker/warden/bard/chanter/t1/t1 you can kill it easily every time.
  19. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Which is a perfectly valid way to set up an encounter.

...in a raid.

In groups, there should be a skosh more play in the bearings than that. If it can't be done (reasonably) with a leather tank or a warding healer or a one-support-class setup (without having to bring a box of raid gear to clear your one-group fight), then either the encounter is wrong or class balance is wrong. Class balance is a bit further off in ToV than the previous couple xpacs, but it's not that bad. So, the encounter design is likely the problem.
    Brickfist likes this.
  20. Darkon Well-Known Member

The fight is just perfectly designed for the way druids heal. Non-druids will struggle with healing on that encounter.

Mystic/inq/monk/troubador/illy/t1 for example, wouldn't be a terribly viable group for it, despite the setup not being 'bad' per se.

The AoE ticking is just rough.