Proving Grounds first impressions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, May 9, 2017.

1. Stach Well-Known Member

I don't expect anything to be perfect. I want something that does not have to be updated and changed for weeks on end to get it right, they made lemon laws for cars like that, I still play because I enjoy the game. But when you have a face of a company, come out and say don't play if you don't like it. I find it really disheartening, and believe the producer should do something about it. That was all I was saying.
    captainbeatty451 and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

My guild's A team (for what it is worth, being a casual guild) tried for our second time to run PG (first time was during the first 2 days and our healer gave up because she was spamming her heal buttons and it was like nothing was happening, that and we were on blue side, but we didn't know that then) last night. We spent 45 minutes trying to get unbugged so we could enter into PG and not the mass begging for group area. All I know was we couldn't be queued, for whatever reason. Finally, the person who we were doing this for, so he could see it for himself had to log as it was 3am his time and he needed sleep. So we gave up and went and did several heroic runs. So it is still as "buggy" as a hot barn in the summer time that hasn't been cleaned out in weeks!

We might try again as a guild in a few weeks if we hear that it is much less buggy or we figure out what the problem was. We still don't know and right now, most of us don't care. The GU should never have been released in this terrible shape and just have been closed down once they "knew" about the "exploits" and problems. But that's the state of the company we are playing now. SSDD
    captainbeatty451 and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Edrickx Member

Ellah, what you are missing is this, prior to this expansion everything was was separate, but working together. For example all old BG servers the gear was for BG, you could use it in PVE, but it didn't shine like PVE gear shined in PVE, and vicea-versa. PVP gear had blue PVP adorns, PVE had red or yellow or purple adorns. Now, the PGs have all the new "best" PVE white adorns, orange adorns, and the ring, gauntlets and pants that go with them, and they benefit you in PG right? Wrong your gear and adorns don't count in PG, only PVE. So they are forcing people to do PG runs to get PVE equipment.
    Crafting, if you did not want to craft, you commissioned an item to be crafted by someone who liked crafting or bought it off the broker, you can't do that with the epics, which stonewall you in raid progression if you do not have them even though raids have nothing to do with crafting.
    This same thing was done years back with Fabled Deathtoll, all the raid gear was crafted no trade, you could commission the production of the item, but you could not commission someone to experiment on it, so people that could experiment had an advantage in making their gear better. People threw a fit about it, and no more zones like it were made.
    What I am saying is if you want to take an "if you don't like it, don't play it" attitude, then the different aspects of the game should remain separate.
    Mizgamer62 and Scrappyz like this.
  4. Revel Well-Known Member

Someone needs to be fired for this fiasco because they clearly have no idea what they are doing or what is good for the game. When you're this out of touch with your player base its time to move on.

Good thing I farmed when it was double coins and broken as hell and got my ring and pants and orange runes done because I can't imagine doing it now.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Actually, after yesterday patch PG IS playable again before that? Nah its was not playable but exploitable. If you knew one you would score 2.5min per run if you don't ... well you can spend 1 hour with decent group w/o killing last set of names
    After patch? - good tank, 2 utility (any combos of bards/chanters will do) single healer (even wardens can now solo heals) and you gtg for under 20minutes run no matter side you at!
  6. Raenius Well-Known Member

Says the unfixed Beastlord, sure.
    It would have been enough just to put non-intended things down for good, but no - something working has to be destroyed as well.

And regarding that "don`t play it if you don`t like it" part: apart from said bugs it was well playable around the 20min mark before that last patch (without a beastlord) - why you intended/adjusted PGs to last for 45mins with a feeling playstyle of a mobile phone app is just beyond me.

You just can`t balance your swinging pendulum right - it`s a hilarious fact since a decade.
    Xyno and captainbeatty451 like this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yeah - Primal chain actually now do notable damage but outside of that? I am in same boat as I was but huge difference on named (not all frankly)
    each of us looking from prizm of own experience before patch
    I have tried run this god damn PG2 like 4-5 times - fat chance, never been able to finish it regardless of all efforts and overall very balanced teams like SK-Mystic-Troub-Conjuror-Necro-BL (we got as far as 4th named with this) I have tried different combo but it was always either healer can't keep up or we do not have enough DPS to burn adds fast enough before tank folds or we have crap load of drakes attacking us or power drain so brutal that everyone but warlock all time dry and so list goes on.
    After patch FIRST random PUG did work - no one (outside of me) had GMed Etherealist abilities, per say tank had less HP than I do on this run (like 450K vs. 680k) we did not had overall to many DPS classes (my BL was the only true DPS class) but I had to admit with run with THREE! utility classes - troub/dirge/illy - zerk-warden-BL. Basically group was slightly changes but only 1 thing we kept consistent TWO utility classes.
    Tell you more - Epic (ancient) don't do overall much damage really, what does is Cascading Force, Primal Chain and Implosion on trash
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Ethernean_Will

this might help a bit with power drain. Yeah, its older, but I still keep one on my toon. So that even if drained of power, in just a few seconds, I can do something again.
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

No need anymore - problem solved in simpler way
    Commit suicide and return to battle full of power - I like this way better
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Isnt that hard on the gear? Or no damage to gear in PG?
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

No damage to gear no stat penalties :D