Proving Grounds first impressions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, May 9, 2017.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope. The information isn't there.
  2. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

but... then go look at the guild tags on leaderboards so far, and it's basically shaking out just like raid progression...curious
    Xakrein likes this.
  3. knine Well-Known Member

its cool to correct stats to do that, however better gear than all t2 raid mobs and on par with t3 raid mobs is crazy.. battlegrounds all over again lol.. should lock the gear to proving grounds only.. you want to run it and have fun then change out the gear.. really whats the incentive to raid anymore when you get that stuff lol
  4. Nathma New Member

3 minutes 32 seconds is the current record listed on HoF after the zone has been open a bit over 24 hours. I see a morning patch to "fix" the proving grounds... smh. I suppose with the "fix" at least groups can finish & not get pulled into cleared zones.
  5. Kari Well-Known Member

It it overwhelmingly better than anything I have seen dropped out of T3, although we haven't killed anything T4 yet. You have to consider that even though the armor is inferior, it has an orange adorn slot and the orange adorns have stats like 10 fervor plus 400 potency plus 500k ability mod. I would happily take the armor downgrade to trade for all of those stats.

I thought I would have an easy time of it because I have a somewhat set groups that could sweep in there and do quite well, but everyone but me is refusing to do it because they are so angry about their raid gear being replaced by a zone you can run in 10 minutes.
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

just out of interest, is there even a QA at DBG for this game?
  7. Raenius Well-Known Member

I am fully aware why they did this - BUT if you read carefully I have suggested stats an average player can get easily when putting in some effort this expansion.
    If you want to do something equal, it doesnt mean it has to be horrid or at base zero.
    Just provide values which feel comfortable to play.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  8. Rainmare Well-Known Member

which may seem good to you. but what is 'average' anymore? what woudl you consider average? 10k potency, 3k crit bonus, and maxed in casting abilities and for a mage 100% double cast? raiders no matter how 'low' you set the bar for an average player, will be pretty much maxed out to everything you can make it. even if you lowered it to those above numbers, if you allow the use of gear, that means you just allowed clickies. I'm sure that the raid clickies won't skew things in the raiders favor, will they?

they negated armor to negate every possible scenario that would give the raiders and hc people an overwhelming advantage. to make it as even a playing field as possible. sure if they wanted to spend hours flagging every clicky to not work in PG, adn then allow your armor to work up to certain caps, they prolly could have.

this was he most expedient, and less like to miss things, way of leveling the playing field I think.
  9. Raenius Well-Known Member

I am not here to determine what average is and what not - I merely provided examples how high provided values could be when doing proving grounds.
    There is no difference if you flat everyone out to no-gear stats at all or give everyone the same stats while keeping a faster gameplay maintained.

If higher values cause more dps on mobs, just increase their hitpoints accordingly to keep the intended duration of that zone.
    It is not my goal to make it easier, just make it fast to allow a more fluent (and less boring) gameplay.

It is not that hard to comprehend what is being asked here.
    captainbeatty451 and Yoube like this.
  10. Uyaem Member

Proving grounds first impression: Thanks for that ******** feature that nobody asked for.
    I prefer faction grinds for epic 2.0 over this ridiculous crap.
    No challenge, no fun, endless hours of random groups that can't compete. Then dispelling / breaking half your buffs upon zoning out so you guess what, more tedious things to do.
    You finally fix combat miti and we get this turd now? COME ON!

Rant over. I usually refrain from posts like this, but this is pushing it, because you're putting major (read: game changing) upgrades in it. A dangling carrot is fine, but this is just wrong.
    I have yet to talk to a person who is doing these for a laugh and not just the items behind it. Everyone HATES it.
    captainbeatty451, Yoube and Moss like this.
  11. Uyaem Member

For example, this game has gone beyond 0% cast haste for a long time. Some classes suffer 3-5s cast time for their stuff, it's just not fun.
    Just give everyone 100% caste haste regardless of gear, 5s cast times were over and done with in 2008. And give us some feedback as to what does damage, and what doesn't, it allows us to improve, which to me is part of the fun.

On top of it all I'm faced with a battery of resists, like T4 raid mobs before the fix, I get 0 feedback on what spells are worth casting so i'm just face-rolling because I have no real means of learning how to do it better. :)
  12. Estal Well-Known Member

Are there even enough devs left to form one group?
  13. Kielex Well-Known Member

My main issue is that this is intended to be about skill but right now it is about who has the highest tithe combined with the class that can get the most potency (or util, for example troubs are insane. Perhaps allowing us to see what damage we do, we can try class balancing this. What happened to the old most damage dealt/healing etc BG scoreboard anyway? alt+s doesn't bring it up!
  14. Yards Well-Known Member

Giving BiS PvE items for doing bg stuff is just stupidity at its finest. I can only speak for myself, but I'm not going to grind this boring pg stuff so I can get gear in order to progress PvE raids, that is just flat out dumb. If the developers wanted to revive bg's they should have gave them bg stats not PvE stats.
    DoomDrake, Veta, Scrappyz and 2 others like this.
  15. Vokan Well-Known Member

I dont like the implementation of this as I think its too buggy. Could have just made a heroic instance to grind coins. However, pretending this is not PvE is rediculous. It is PvE. It has PvE rewards. Do you consider the "race" server last year to be PvP because you were competing against other players? I hope not. If you are not killing player characters, then by no means is this PvP in any way. Since there is no PvP, why would they not give PvE rewards for people to do them?
    Ishtara likes this.
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

Because this is not PvE. I do not think the race servers should give BiS gear on live servers, that makes no sense to me. Why should I have to play on a different server to get BiS gear for live server.Rewards should be given to help you with what game you are playing. If you are playing race server it should give you rewards for that server, if you are playing Proving grounds it should give you rewards for proving grounds. I mean should I be forced to play tetris to get loot for eq2? I raid to get loot that should be BiS for raiding, do I care that my raid gear is garbage in pg or that I can't even use my raid gear on race servers? No I don't give a f%@k that my raid gear isn't good or can't be used on those servers because I didn't get it from those servers nor do I even want to play on those servers. This is a pretty easy concept to understand.
  17. Vokan Well-Known Member

So hope you are not using ascension skills on raids, because you probably didnt skill up your ascension level by raiding. You didnt do any key quests when the server came out, because that gave you a couple of really good pieces of armor with little effort, and it was outside of a raid. Hope you were not running heroics to gear up for T1/T2 raids. Did your Epic drop in a raid? Probably shouldnt use it, because you didnt gain it in a raid. Please dont equip the new orange adorn either, as that was barely in a quest let alone a raid. And remember, you dont have to get these "BG" items in order to raid.
  18. Yards Well-Known Member

I see, you're one of those special people.

I did not say all gear should come from raid and only from raid. The whole point of my post was about BiS gear but you just totally missed that point.Almost nothing you listed is BiS with the exception of the orange adorn. I did not have too much heroic gear for T1/T2 as we could already kill it when the expansion first launched and nothing from heroic is BiS with the exception of the collection neck. Your whole argument is very weak.

The majority of BiS stuff comes from quest rewards or some other rudimentary way. And yes I am also against that as well, there is really no point in raiding now as there is very limited loot to use ( 5 slots maybe ). That is somewhat off topic as I guess that is still PvE and I was more or less talking about having to do PG's to get BiS gear for live server, or which you so kindly pointed out, doing race server for BiS for live server.
    DoomDrake and Revanu like this.
  19. Vokan Well-Known Member

I guess we can agree to disagree.
  20. semisus Does not play this game

Only 3 are best in slots , and the stuff like legs and hands will only be if you actully get lvl 4 orange in em
    after done grinding that you can aim for the adornments for you gear and if you actully want to get em maxed yea thats alot of work to put in , but the people i usually group with are all done with gears from expert heroics so it gives something else to do
    although not everyone is enjoying em with all the bugs currently in em
    I only hope that next expansion wont just make these adornments obsolete.
    Also i do hope they bring in new fableds so that sometimes when we dont feel like grinding PG we can do something else.