Proving Grounds first impressions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, May 9, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

U can make a macro to target yourself.

On my illu i have spells that are always macroed to 1 target. And on my bruiser i macroed tag team on me.
    Really simple, right click -> create macro and then put your name on target and done
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

No AAs that proc off auto-attacks are firing.. at least none of the healing that procs off it.
  3. Zelox Active Member

activate combat logs and make auto attack actually work - make PGs a better place.
    Why implement some competitive system in a game but deactivate the ability to parse it?????? logic cannot be found, please try again.
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Kari Well-Known Member

When I try to zone into PG, I crash to character select and all of my characters are missing. I know the fix is to use the drop down menu on the launcher and log into my character that way, but it just sucks all the enthusiasm out of me to see a totally empty character select screen.
  5. Uxtalzon Active Member

I thought about that, but if I try to target and heal another player, it heals myself instead. :p I just wish this game used "Heal Target's Target" as well as EQ1 does, but it doesn't. Cast heal on enemy, it bounces off and heals whoever else is on target, be it me or another player. lol
  6. Xakrein Well-Known Member

You are probably using the wrong command.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

well, I have dark UI ... and u have the 5 spells u can put on the group window, and if there is a spell I want to be able to use it on someone if needed but still have a macro with a specific target, I put that spell on the group window and it works well :)

or .. use 2 macros, .. one general purpose and one targeted to yourself
  8. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Spent time in proving grounds with some of my well geared friends. I didn't hate the experience, but I wasn't enjoying it either and would not care to do it except for the fact that holy god op gear. 15 minutes to get through it fairly smoothly, consistently with a raid geared group with at least 2 elementalists. But it was crazy to see some groups killing the first boss instantly (usually groups with a beastlord because i guess one of their epic spells was granting full fervor or something?) and then finishing the zone within minutes.

My takeaway from it was if you go in a pre-built group of solid players, it gave us tedious 15 minute runs. tedious because of the vines and ways to get around the vines, along with just feeling sluggish because of how the deleveling works. It was not really fun, even though I can see the potential for fun if you take out the brownie mechanic and actually HAHA balance/fix abilities and classes. By fun, I mean it might actually be fun to truly compete with the other team in a race to the finish. As it stands right now, it was either the other team had some kind of OP group build that allowed them to finish in 5 minutes or under--which didn't bother me too much because who cares we still did our 14 minute run and got our marks. Or, we would win with our 14 minute run because the other group didn't get a chance to fill and never even killed the first boss. I think maybe 1 time out of over 10 runs it was a true race to the finish, which felt competitive and interesting. Otherwise, it was just a 15 minute grind over and over again for the loot that can't be ignored. Not a fan, but still a sucker cuz loot.
    Malleria likes this.
  9. Uxtalzon Active Member

These forums will be very entertaining after tomorrow's fix. Unless there's more changes than what Kander mentioned in Discord, the huge gap already created will only slightly decrease and be set in stone. lol
    Mizgamer62 and captainbeatty451 like this.
  10. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I don't care so much about how fast another group is running the zone. A nice steady 12 minute run is fine for me.

The problem is, even with a well organized guild group, the PG queue and zone mechanisms are a disaster. We often spent at least 12 minutes just getting into a zone together.

On many occasions we zone in and there are two extra people in raid with us, and two of our people locked out. When those people leave, two more strangers end up in raid. The only solution we found was to accept truancy and reform in the lobby.

Once we zone in and the first name is dead. Someone has tripped every single plant but not killed them. Yes, Mario-Fu over the rocks gets us past, but still... seriously? Once the first name is dead they should lock that zone off.

On the last fight, if you AE at the wrong time (SK here) you break the fight so you have to go drown yourselves and start over.

Randomly group members get crashed out and can't select their character anymore (yes I know the fix now).

The brownies are a juvenile mechanism. At least require some effort to use them. Maybe a jumping puzzle to get to the spawn.

I think this could actually be fun. Once you get all the bugs worked out. Aaaaand... about that time you'll probably say time's up, no longer available. LOL.
    Malleria and captainbeatty451 like this.
  11. Nacla New Member

When in the Battle Ground area everyone is shouting for groups and looking at the time people spend on shouting, it must be because the "solo" option is not giving people a good experience.

Very often when picking "solo" either of two things happens:
    - you end up in a good group but find out that they entered as a group but something went wrong in their zoning so they ask you to leave or they zone out again.
    - you end up in a group without tank/healer ...wait a bit and then leave.

To make more people choose solo and make it work, may I suggest that you enter the zone as a role - Tank, Heal, Dps, Support. That way, the random groups should have an increased chance of succeeding and much less waiting for a group to zone in with.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  12. Jrox Well-Known Member

Sorry if it has been mentioned, but I haven't seen it here so thought I would add something that is broken for the Illy...

Now my groups haven't had a ton of problems with power, but there has been the occasion scenario where all was lost because the healer was out of power...

Illy's do not feed power at ALL in PG's. Some could say, "oh I see the power bar move", really? By how much knucklehead. It really is broken when it comes to power feeding for Illy's. You really want the Illy for the reset, but more importantly the TIMEWARP! So if you think folks are taking Illy's for power, think again my friend. I think bards have sandbags or bagpipes, something like that, that can feed power on a spot buff. But I don't see any way an Illy could be expected to give power to anyone. Look we can hit manasoul and feed power in an emergency. But it would be at the sacrifice of our lives. Because the amount of power the healer would have spend picking us back up out weighs the power I just fed the group.

I hope this is addressed in their fixes!

Just sayin...
    Meneltel and DoomDrake like this.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Just to add 2cp
    Alchemy portion do not work either
    Warlock actually help a tone
    BL spiritual ... help sorta, well you can consider BL in spiritual like half **** druid and half **** bard hybrid PLUS on top of it for the cost of 8 fervor I can still nuke with my GM implosion :)
  14. Raenius Well-Known Member

We had a nice group planned to do PGs for a bit during this evening - we reconsidered and cancelled our attempts after we have seen in which state PGs got into after todays patch.

Group consisted of Paladin, Defiler, Warden, Conjuror, Warlock and Assassin.

Why you even had the idea to use your horrible battleground-mechanic all over is a miracle to us - we will not spend 45minutes per round for that shabby amount of coin.

We couldn`t feed power (Defilers feed went poof), damage dealt to mobs seem to have been reduced even further - we did not use stuff that has been fixed with todays patch, e.g. spider charm etc. - so, no idea what you did, but you pretty much killed the wish to participate in PGs for good.

No single patch regarding PGs has been catered to fun - quite the contrary: you made it worse and worse.
    Just an absolutely horrible concept and no fun at all.

Suggestions to improve:

- revamp PGs entirely: you can play them like you can play in a common zone, everything / all stats work at usual
    - the "contest" will be a timeframe given which once fulfilled (e.g. 5 minutes) you can buy the reward from the merchant - no matter how many managed to do this
    - the team that finishes a round first gets double-coin

/done
    Xyno and captainbeatty451 like this.
  15. Edrickx Member

Good luck with that, we tried to talk to them in discord, they said they have "casual" zones for those who cant beat these. Oh yeah and;

[IMG]
  16. Poemaon Member

LOL Kander - No Brain No Pain.
    DoomDrake and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Stach Well-Known Member

wow if
    Wow if that is his response, I think someone needs to be replaced, and take this game in a new directions. Way to alienate the whole player base.
    captainbeatty451 and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Alienating the player base is the only thing he's actually good at.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Ellah Active Member

There awe so many aspects to EQ2 and everyone will have bits they like and bits they don't. You play the bits you like and decide whether it's worth doing the other stuff. This, of course, is just another way of saying the same thing as Kander said.

Why are some of you so appalled at him saying it? I know some people expect everything to be perfect and just how they want it and consider everything else wasted or useless but some people do like that kind of thing, and good luck to them. I'm pretty sure nobody here does everything perfectly.

I don't resent that the team spend time and effort making things I don't like. I don't expect things to be perfect. Life really isn't like that.

Would you rather the team churn out the same old stuff time and time again? Imagine the whining if they did. They really can't win whatever they do because there will always be people who are all about themselves and want just what they want, want it now and want it perfect.

I applaud the team for giving us something different to do, even if it's not to my taste. I look forward to seeing what's in store next.
    Snikkety likes this.
  20. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

You're missing the point. It's not that they're trying to do things, it's that they're doing them so very badly. There is zero quality assurance. No one here is expecting perfection. However, it's not too much to ask that new content and mechanics receive proper testing and calibration before being pushed live.
    Xyno, captainbeatty451 and Mizgamer62 like this.