Primordial Ritualist Villandre V'Zher [Raid]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gninja, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Gninja Developer

Please knock off the finger pointing and bickering or I will have thread locked. The change on villandre was made because we feel 40% of a fight where certain classes can't do anything and there is nothing they can do about it was excessive. Yes it makes the fight easier. I am okay with that. There are more fights and the progression has been moving too slow anyway with that specific mob. It was discussed at length within our team and we felt it was a good change it has nothing to do with anyone complaining or anyone asking us to change anything.

Its changed lets move on and kill more stuff to take their loot so you can kill more stuff and take their loot :p
    Karsa, Glassjaw, Tsurupettan and 2 others like this.
  2. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

Can the 4s scout weapon get fixed for ritualist? And next mob is broken
    Neiloch likes this.
  3. Gninja Developer

Fix is in (next hotfix) for next mob, it didn't make last update. What is wrong with the Offhand dagger?
  4. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

Its dmg rating is really low compared to 4s weapon from krasnok. Does less than half dmg on the low end. Equal on the high end
  5. Gninja Developer

Will take a look.
  6. Gninja Developer

Found the problem. It wasn't using piercing as its success skill. Will get it in for next hotfix.
    Neiloch and Mogrim like this.
  7. Daray Well-Known Member

It actually wasn't that long ago that scouts took issue with not feeling "needed" on raids. I imagine that is the reason we have seen 'scout-only' elements on more fights lately - this one and Krasnok immediately come to mind, as well as those encounters that put scouts in the tanking seat. Remember, players specifically asked for this type of thing during beta.

For the record though, our scout setup was only 3 bards (2 troubs/1 dirge), 3 predators (1 was an alt) and 2 brigands (1 left on the adds fulltime).
    Neiloch likes this.
  8. Gninja Developer

The Krasnok scout requirement was different in that there was still something for the mages to be doing during that time. But yes, that was the primary reason this mechanics was there, it was just a little overdone in this specific case.
  9. Rise New Member

Why mages can't kill adds from 40% of Villandre? Also, on Krasnok mages can't do anything while scouts are busy with adds.

The problem with this nerf is that we actually have only 7% with mage immunity since we can kill her from 3% with inquisutor. Also, adds' respawn timer is really too big. We can just burn her from 90% to 0% and don't even touch adds (except for sending pets to bone breaker). It's something like 200 seconds from 90% to second corpse. Named with hp debuffs from raid have something like 45-50kkk hp, so we need only 200kk raid dps to just ignore event completely. It's doable and there is no fun in fight like that. Please, make adds more frequent and decrease their hp so they will require exactly same dps to be killed. With this change the gap between 90% and second corpse will be shorter so any raid will be forced to execute event.
  10. Rise New Member

we have 2 predators, 1 brigand, 2 dirges, 2 troubs on first kill
    I don't think there is a problem for any raud to bring 3 scouts + bards
  11. Clevemo Active Member

@Gninja

Not loving the extreme lag on this fight ... waiting for abilities to cast and auto-attacks just hanging (not firing) is not fun especially on an DPS check encounter. The lag isn't as horrible as "The Mutagenic Outcast" encounter if we all remember that one, but it is up there.
  12. Daray Well-Known Member

Given we were down a bard (dirge) and subbed in a predator alt into that group instead, and then had one of the brigands on the adds full time, I can actually agree with that statement.

The thing with the fight that most overlooked - because of where the damage scaling was (before Tuesday) you pretty much needed to kill it inside of 8 minutes (rather than look to extend the duration, which is what most were trying to do). This translated into trying to get it to 40% as quickly as possible (while doing enough to maintain the adds), just so the scouts had enough time for that last 40% before people started getting one-shot.

P.S. More mage only scripts please - ideally that involve lots of swarm adds, so I can pointlessly pad the parse.
  13. silamdarr Member

P.P.S Moar scout tanking mobs for tanking troubs
  14. Cian4ik Member

Where is 6second weapon of Villandra?
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

I would use 2s on a scout tbh. if and only if there was a set of armor/jewelry to use that had no haste on it at all. 2s without haste would be pretty close to 4s weapon at full haste. /shrugs.
    2s with stacks of flurry to counteract the flurry you would lose with overcap haste and I don't see much of an issue, it would actually probably be beneficial.
  16. Thand Well-Known Member

but with out haste you would have ALOT less flurry and even at 4 seconds the damage on the weapons and your flurrys would be pathetic comparatively. I just wish they would scrap at the 2 second brawler tank weapons :)
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

That's why I said the 2s weapons would need alot of flurry to counteract the loss of flurry from overcap haste :p,
    would be simple to figure out, you just log some of the scouts at level 100, make a graph of their haste and find the mean and set the 2s weapons at said flurry gain from the mean they get, it would help some, hurt some, but be average.
    but Soe doesn't itemize like that anyway
  18. Avithax Well-Known Member

For most players the 2s isn't possible just based on the huge lag in these zones. Some players have access to huge amounts of upstream/downstream ISP's and some have better hardware and in my recent experience those are the players that can still get in CA's between the delay on a 4s weapon. I'm still using a 6s on my Troub simply because i miss too many autos with lag if I don't. I can't imagine how anyone could reliably use abilities with anything faster.

Edit: Welcome back Ucala :)