Price of Kronos jumped 150k in the last 2 days on Maj'Dul

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Flamace Active Member

I'm not quite sure how this is even a valid argument for a video game. You got what you paid for during those years.
  2. Sunje Active Member

But its not really helpfull for players, i mean look at your self, what do you do when you cant use the broker ingame to get money. The question is how do you get money when not via broker???

Its to restricted, i dont say "remove it" but i say "make it easier to use" like 20-30 free broker credits for a silver member, DB lost nothing when they do it, but it brings the game back to f2p players.

The logical conclusion is, the players are stop playing this game... Thats not good for a game that needs player, because the name says it MMORPG ;)
    Meneltel likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Whether Silver or not, if you are not paying a sub, you are not generating stable income for them. If they give you free broker credits, they are losing the dollar or two a month those would cost.

Sorry, I understand the plight, but if you do not generate income, you cannot expect them to fund your habit.
    Dude likes this.
  4. Entropy Well-Known Member

First off, the stock market manipulation I was referring to does NOT involve people creating money out of thin air. It's people (organizations) with a LOT of money putting upward or downward pressure on a stock price to benefit their goals. That is fundamentally different from what the conspiracy theorists in this thread are accusing DBG of doing.

Secondly, the price of anything is linked to the amount of currency available in an economy. If, as I suspect, there are black market sellers who are unloading a portion of their billions of plat by snapping up Kronos, that platinum that was previously "unavailable" is now circulating again because they've injected it back into everyone's hands. If there's 50% more currency available to players who actively trade that currency for goods or services, prices of things will rise by roughly 50%.

Or, maybe I have no idea how basic economics works and there really is a DBG employee who was ordered by Columbus Nova to spawn a fajillion plat in order to drive Krono sales with it.

Or maybe there's another dupe.

Or maybe we're all living in a holographic representation of a universe, and reality is a lie.

Maybe.
    Livx and Jrox like this.
  5. Gudum Active Member

Regardless of the reasons for the inflation, the broker is about to hit the limits of the default UI as far as pricing goes, and although its obviously possible to price higher (I've seen as high as 1.5M), exactly how that is done doesn't seem to be common knowledge. Presumably there is a custom UI that allows it, but noone seems to want to reveal which custom UI.

The broker advanced search function appears to top out at a bit over 4.1 Billion for the maximum price, which hopefully won't be reached in the foreseeable future, but the need for a UI update or a higher denomination currency is getting pretty critical.
  6. Azian Well-Known Member

There is no spoon.
    Jrox likes this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Already 1.1M
  8. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Going forward I think no matter what they put in for higher currency the same end result will occur. I have been using kronos to play the game the last couple years. I maybe SLR'd 3-5 items (usually mounts) in that time. It would take so much time to accumulate the money it currently costs so I have basically jumped in to check up on friends and guilds every so often and that is about it.

I know the devs are working pretty hard to release the best stuff they can but the loss of staff is definitely felt and a lot of people are taking advantage of what they can because I am pretty sure everyone else senses they same thing. On the other hand there is so much to do for 2.0 and maintaining alts. Nobody has time to farm that much plat and keep a fair amount of alts group/raid ready for when changes are needed in the guild unless they can play all day.

One thing that was brought up in convo the other day was the fact that there are all these achievements and you get nothing for them. Maybe something involved there could help. People wouldn't have to fight over items, bosses, or zones. Everyone would have equal opportunity and there are some achievements raiders wouldn't care to do and some raid ones that solo players wouldn't be able to do. It would encourage alt play again and hopefully in the future when the grocery list has been completed enough times they could balance out the number of achievements since tradeskillers would need quite a few more to level the playing field. Just another idea that floated out to left field.
  9. Kari Well-Known Member

For default UI, put in the max plat but don't OK the item for sale. Then add the max gold, the UI automatically converts it to plat, which now exceeds the plat limit. Don't OK the item for sale. Then add the max gold again, the UI automatically converts it to plat, which exceeds the limit a bit more. Don't OK the item for sale, continue to add gold until you reach your desired price.

You can see what a major pita it is, so definitely could use a UI tweak. Could also use the character window and bank window updated to show more than 1 million plat, and the crafting commission system to stop messing up my tips by lowering the amount i put in.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

With a system like kronos, there is always someone who is going to spend a great deal of real money to get ahead financially. Once they attain a high level of plat, they can basically buy and sell kronos at whatever they think the market can bear. Over and over. Compared to the casual user who buys and sells a chrono every now and then...usually riding on the tails of another attempt at market control.

Kronos (or similar systems), IMO, are not good for in-game economies. But they probably make a metric ton of money for the game companies.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That's all fine but ...
    It does not explain couple things
    a) where from plat came into the game in amounts that circulates now
    b) If plat was on someone accounts collecting dust - why is out of blue started pop in the last couple months (not at KA release mind you)
    c) I do understand concept of wealth preservation in hoarding kronos but this still not explains where plat keep coming from?
    d) market have so much space for kronos - UNLESS someone constantly removing them from market
    Cyrrena, Meneltel and Conifur like this.
  12. Conifur Well-Known Member

Exactly, that is why I don't buy the "plat has been around forever" responses.
    Cyrrena, Meneltel and DoomDrake like this.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Even if it was - it still not answer question where from it came? We know for an fact - it did not came from exploits - DBC did great job locating offender sending them to Drunder and removing plat from economy
    Conifur likes this.
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

Then it has to be the Russians.
  15. Gkarx Member

price has skyrocketed on HOF in the last week, last night they were around 1.2million
    DoomDrake likes this.
  16. Vokan Well-Known Member

DarqUI has buttons that you can increase the sales price by 1 mil, 100k, 10k, etc.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

:Dyeah blame everything on us
    Livx likes this.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

I can think of several ways this could happen. Someone coming back to the game who left their hoard unattended while they played something else. Or maybe a current player hopping from server to server to soak up extra plat for the kronos they've hoarded when the last krono special was on.

The thing is, krono price spikes are not endemic to a particular server, cause you can take it with you to any server and take it somewhere else again...except IoR. To which you can take it with you, but then nowhere else.
  19. Entropy Well-Known Member

Do you realize how much plat gets moved around and transformed (into Kronos, which are also moved around) from exploits? They banned the people that were doing it, but those people spread a ton of plat around a network of alts and friends and legit players participating in the Krono broker market first.
    Livx and Cyrrena like this.
  20. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

The broker isn't the only place to spread money out on either. There are lots of other places and the more the game progresses the more places there will be too. They can ban accounts all they want but its really easy to come right back on FTP ones and pick up right where they left off.