Price of Kronos jumped 150k in the last 2 days on Maj'Dul

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Revel Well-Known Member

Smells like another exploit is afoot.
  2. Coty Member

or ppl stop buying them from db :)
    CoLD MeTaL and Livx like this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Greed may not be part of your culture but its certainly part of theirs!:D
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

honestly, I wish there were a price cap on krono. on HOF, they are well over 650k now. which is insanely high. I know some people who have gone back to paying for subs or have quit cause they can't afford to play anymore.
    Meneltel likes this.
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

Well they would not be as high if people weren't willing to buy them off the broker for the going price.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Well, if someone is making that much plat to buy one or more each month, they can hang up playing EQ2 because its time to roll the game credits because they have beaten EQ2!
    Siren likes this.
  7. Ultimmaa New Member

they cost a lot of cash if u havent noticed. they should sell for more imo.
  8. Ghah Member

Glad I bought a bunch a long time ago when they were going for 500-800p :)
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

uh huh...
    if $1.00 USD=100 DBC=1000pp in game, then $18.00=1800 DBC=18,000pp in game....ergo Kronos should never cost more than 20,000 plat, maybe 25k adjusting for inflation. 700k is flat out greed, "highway robbery" at best.
    Meneltel likes this.
  10. Livx Member

11. Fletch Active Member

The flaw in your logic is that markets operate on supply and demand not false equivalencies. The demand for kronos is considerably higher than the demand for DBC therefore the going rate of kronos is considerably higher. It has absolutely nothing to do with greed. www.kahnacademy.org has some great videos on economics that I would highly recommend. An understanding of basic economics can be beneficial in both Norrath and the dreaded real world.
    Atan, -Soteria-, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  12. Conifur Well-Known Member

Everything has increased in price over the last month or so. Just look at the insane prices some of the gear is going on SLR. There has been a huge influx of plat in the game lately, I wonder how much is actually "legitimate" krono buying/selling.
  13. Revel Well-Known Member

They should make an option to redeem kronos for like 1500 DBC too. Wonder why they haven't done that.
    Mercychalice likes this.
  14. Dragonsnacks Active Member

Bot Armies or people saving up buy up like 50 of these, then other people doing the same see a big chunk gone and they panic and buy a stack, then other people do. You log on and see the price go from 250k to 500k.
  15. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

OK, I'll bite. How do I convert 100 DBC to 1000pp? Where did that equivalency come from?
    -Soteria- likes this.
  16. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

it's the usual going rate I see quoted for anyone buying a gifted item from someone else.
  17. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

when there are 20 pages of kronos, there is considerably a higher supply than demand I would think. I attribute it to the same principles as something like gas stations. the gas is the same, and there is quite a bit in store, but the seller still demands a high price, and people still pay it. most folks I know who were buying kronos have returned to paying for subscriptions or quit playing when their subs end rather than pay for the price of krono via plat.
  18. Entropy Well-Known Member

And this is why Majdul jumped. They've been that high on HOF for awhile. Because these are cross server and cross game, the price is fundamentally linked across all economies. It just takes the Krono dealers time to flatten that out.
  19. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

There was some level 1 toon on my server buying up all kronos priced 520k and lower... kept spamming to buy 20 or 30 kronos... so clearly, someone was successful in making 20 mil plat in a less than legitimate way. By the end of the nite, krono prices were hovering at 600k ish.
  20. Xerikton Active Member

how is the plat moved cross server? ie make a low level toon on low priced krono server but you have no plat to buy them with.

a level one toon buying anything in channel is nothing more than someone who just don't want to be known number one. and or don't want to be caught if exploiting as that toon will be deleted. besides each krono has a id which can be tracked as the krono moves from toon to toon. not many of you know this I bet.