Price of Kronos jumped 150k in the last 2 days on Maj'Dul

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Livx Member

"we share the same biology, regardless of ideology,
    what might save us me and you is that Russians love their children too".
    DoomDrake likes this.
  2. Sunje Active Member

A system like Blizzard it does for the WoW Token would be great.

Q: How much gold will I receive when I sell a WoW Token?

A: The gold value of a Token will be determined dynamically based on supply and demand. When you put a Token up for sale, you’ll be quoted the amount of gold you’ll receive upon a successful sale. If you then decide to place the Token up for sale, that amount is locked in, and the gold will be sent to your mailbox after another player purchases your Token.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/18141101/introducing-the-wow-token
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

WoW tokens and the price of Kronos are no different. Basically it is based on supply and demand. The demand is high, whereas the supply is low causing the prices to jump up. If we wanted them to lower the amount of supply would need to increase whereas the demand would either stay the same or lower. The only reason prices have spiked like this is probably because there was new currency introduced from somewhere, where it was a previous exploit/dupe (which is what caused our last krono spike) or someone is introducing large quantities from somewhere. It is rather odd to see pages being bought up at a single moment on multiple servers. It is good to value kronos because it makes your plat hold value throughout inflation like this.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

Great song, have it on my playlist.
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

Eliminate SLR and the price of krono will drop as there won't be a huge need for millions of plat to buy the gear.
  6. Kari Well-Known Member

Eliminating SLR would create a huge increase in the price of kronos. Fewer people would want large amounts of plat, so they would buy fewer kronos from Daybreak to resell. Fewer kronos on the market would lead to price increases, as the remaining players that pay for their game with kronos would be competing for less of them.

There are a lot of good arguments to eliminate SLR, but the price of kronos isn't one of them.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Of course I do but here is a thing
    There are always so many Krono floating once you bought then all you either or
    a) started inflation spiral for prices (was never a case during exploits btw but is clear case now)
    b) completely depleted market
    Storing plat - I give you 1 thing - it is possible to hide large amount of plat in some commodity that can be easy sold back to NPC for fairly similar amount of plat (status items comes to mind) but there is problem here as well - easy to trace via logs.
    Last argument also don't hold water - about spreading plat among friends - once you identified offender it is trivial to trace via log any plat transaction (and DBC stated that they did that trace)
    And lastly most important argument - should huge amount of plat came to economy at time of exploit - they would unavoidable drive inflation up for everything ... which did not happened. In a matter of fact - some prices came back after DBC cracked down exploit. From what I see now there is no slow down in inflation there is no deflation on any commodity. Look on this
    Prices on crafted food, prices on kronos, prices on SLR - everything been in inflation spiral since few months after KA release (I'd say from December/January) - Kronos from ToT (at most 200k less by the end of summer) been driven up 6x fold to 1.2M - last jump happened within last week from 900 to 1.2M and week before prices from driven from 600k to 900k. Prices on ordinary SLR doubled within last 2 weeks, All above simply indicates only 1 things plat been dumped into economy as we speak
    Now tell me - do you know any single way to generate this amount of plat IN GAME?
    Justaplayer likes this.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Bad idea - this will dramatically cut ability of people to be able gear up, not to saying it won't slow down inflation spiral if I am right about who causing it.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Here is you are mistaken - krono prices grow equally fast on every single server. About your first proposal :) well how much plat someone had to had on such unattended account and how hard for DBC would be trace this account during crackdown onto exploit ... but most importantly .... where from all this plat came to begin with?
  10. Conifur Well-Known Member

But that is what is driving the price of krono, your need for plat in this game is limited - the big ticket items all come from SLR. When items sell for a million the only way people can get it is through the sale of krono. Not saying I agree with the concept of getting rid of SLR, but everyone is complaining about the price of the krono and not the root cause of it, which is SLR going for outrageous prices; all because it is harder for some to now to gear up in KA then before. Perfect inflation storm caused by changes in mechanics to push micro transactions.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Not really :)
    Prices of kronos can (and probably is) controlled differently. Mass removing kronos from economy causing prices go up (supply-demand balance). High prices on krono without any legit way to generation plat within game amass is great thing for DBC - you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. All who use to use kronos for continuation of sub will be forced into subs directly (I can hardly imaging many people will be able keep up with ever growing price of kronos) and because of prices so lucrative and SLR DO exist more and more people are buying kronos for cash. So all DBC need to do is timely remove kronos from market.
    Its clear to me that DBC abandon idea of removing plat from economy instead they saturating economy with ... for a price :)
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

What is... *putting on tinfoil hat* the source of the money is from third party sites like IGN? Perhaps someone is using the (soon to be worthless plat IF EQ2 folds) to buy kronos to sell on EQ1 which seems to be doing okay population wise. Just a conspiracy thought...

Quote for the day: The world is run by a secret, evil organization... which, unfortunately, no one I know belongs to it.
    Coty likes this.
  13. Conifur Well-Known Member

How do you know that? It would not be secret if you did :)
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I can keep a secret, just between me and my friends *grins*
    Conifur likes this.
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

Just because someone has boatload of plat does not mean they acquired it illegally.

You are innocent until "proven" guilty...around here anyway.
  16. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

You mean people will actually have to learn to play their class and earn things. That would be horrible /end sarcasm. Half of the reason there is such a gap between hardcore and casual is because people buy all this gear and they assume when they have X% Pot and Y% Ferv they will do Z DPS. All SLR does is weaken the player base and put money in the elite/boxer/botters pockets so they can soak up everything that holds any kind of monetary value.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

You still missing the point :( even if someone hoarded LEGALLY tone of plat that plat had to be generated BY GAME
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

In case you are not aware there is such thing as a "free market" to elaborate
    Say my BL got fortunate enough to farm say experts 1.2k rings (which I don't need lol and no one in group need them either) but they happens to sells for 1M+ plat (about 166k per nose for drop) but on other and I was not that fortunate with wrist 1.3k Pot drops (which sells for about as much) - now see where I am going? I SLR what I do not need and buy SLR what do need - that's my friend calls "MARKET" .. Same btw goes to rare collectables. SLR improve players base by huge margin and stimulate and promote health economy
  19. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

For an experienced player like yourself, yes I can agree with you. Someone who doesn't know how to play their class however will by an item for sale because either someone told them its good, lots of people bid on it so it must be good, or its an obvious upgrade. Anyone who is in a guild that uses DKP can vouche for the failure in the system where people can bid others up for no apparent reason. Yes it is a free market and everything but how does it exactly help the player base if average Joe over here doesn't know what his stats actually do? Oh yea he has gear for this difficult zone, go in only to find out he has no clue what he is doing and now you have to replace/kick them to finish the zone.
  20. Veta Well-Known Member

Sure it doesn't but how does one actively get plat now? So let's think way back when kronos were 700p and people were to actively farm for plat chests of old zones. That was fixed and plat chests became irrelevant and chest plat was made to scale off the players within the group/raid, but its still not a good amount. Over time, has there been any active way to obtain large quantities of plat to make the prices of krono inflate from 700p to now around 1mil? The only time prices have super-inflated was when there was some sort of dupe - whether it was the krono dupe/scare CoE-ToV or the plat dupe of AoM-ToT, just as an example. That I know of, there hasn't been any way to actively farm for plat. People could say plat bags - but that is only 500plat for every 2.5days of loyalty tokens. There was a point when plat bags were much less than 500p per bag.

Back to the discussion:
    People complain that SLR ruins the economy, but it doesn't change the amount of plat in the economy. It just moves it to a person (botter/soloer) or a group/raid of people. Those person(s) will still value their plat and want to make the most of it, whether it is buying the cheapest kronos, infusing, buying gear from other sellers, or whatever.The SLR economy can only be so efficient without upgrading their characters, they have to invest their plat into themselves.

For the prices of kronos to almost double, within less than a month, means that the person buying the kronos does not care for the amount of plat used, which would basically mean the person has a large quantity. I would suggest the person wants to invest their plat wisely, but I'm not sure why a person or people would all of a sudden have enough plat to buy up 8-10 pages of kronos on each of the 4 servers, leaving each of the servers to a single page or less at a single point..

I understand there is a krono market. Usually people playing in that market will take kronos from one of the cheaper servers and take it to a server where they are more expensive in order to make profit. However, that only equalizes the prices of kronos across the servers and the profit can not be made unless someone decides to sell cheapish kronos or someone buys more of the lower cost kronos between the servers.
    DoomDrake likes this.