Price of Kronos jumped 150k in the last 2 days on Maj'Dul

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

Bla bla bla... same comments over and over especially by Doom... Boring...
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

nah boring was yesterday than I was dying in every pull as soon as I hit my chain savage ally - septic - virulent - blood - revocation :p oddly enough that happened even when I was in spiritual
    Jrox likes this.
  3. Conifur Well-Known Member

Then don't click on the link to come here. Pretty simple actually.
    Meneltel likes this.
  4. Sunje Active Member

I dont think that DB will change anything, its all about the money, thats it.

Nothing about the game, its a money milking machine ...
    Meneltel likes this.
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

Su^& it... Go where I want.
  6. Fletch Active Member

Why does this "earn things" argument come up so much? You realize this is a leisure activity. Anyone that thinks they "earn" things in a video game really needs to go out and do something with their life. I would argue that a person who digs ditches for an hour to make enough cash for a krono so they could buy from somebody SLR did more to "earn" an item than someone playing a video game for hours trying to get lucky enough to get a rare item to drop.
    Because a faceroll player with good gear will not be as bad as one with bad gear. They might even be able to make it through the zone before you kick them from the group if their gear is good enough. Well geared toons are always better than the same toon with worse gear, it may not fix the problem of bad players but it helps. Also you are assuming that the majority of people buy gear because they suck, many people buy gear because they get tired of bad RNG luck.
    DoomDrake and captainbeatty451 like this.
  7. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Make up whatever context you want to fit what you need to get off of your chest. It is really obvious that you were not around many years back before all of this easy street stuff. It wasn't a 3 stat game. There were no pages listing players specs. And yet people still suck at this game. Oh yes let them have mythical items from solo key quests, that will fix the issues with the player base. I never said the majority of players are bad at this game but there is a noticeable amount. Nobody remembers all the whining about running zones for Ethereals last expansion. They are there.

I would be willing to bet someone would complain about not being able to buy their epic/myth and you would have an entirely different stance on earning. Take the leisure activity comment home with you. This game is competitive even if its not at its peak anymore. People still want bragging rights, they still want 1st kills, higher parses than you or whoever. People are tired of waiting, not attempting. If everything was RNG they could tone it all down quite a bit like it used to be and there wouldn't half as much complaining. It worked out exactly like it should have in the past. Kill a heroic boss to get heroic loot, not running adv solos to get currency and buy it, Not doing a key quest to get a mythical relic. This loot system is only making matters worse (see burnt key threads).
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Let me make this as simple as it goes for you in plain English (although this is not my native language)
    Because I have good RL and making good deal of money I do not give a damn about some poor sob sitting in parents basement and playing game 7/24 - should I want it and should I like I can afford P2W and by doing so I will always outperform any B2B kid whos only life achievement is 7/24/365 game marathon. And to repeat myself one more time
    Game is not work, VR is not RL and anyone who think differently need to get out of parents basements and get life lol
  9. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Half of the problem is everyone is looking at this from the standpoint of how RNG currently is working. Back in the day you didn't go months and not see an item. There were usually a few that would drop a day unlike the hammer that you might not see for months. The difference between the two time periods is one had a medium drop rate for all fabled+ items and the current one has either practically guaranteed or next to impossible. You will have to choose between either one. People are so caught up in the have to have it now and then turn around and wonder why everyone left the game in a few months because there is nothing to obtain. All I am saying is the medium rate doesn't require you to pay RL money for it due to insane RNG and it also doesn't just hand it out to everyone after getting X amount of currency/key runs. Solves all of the problems. Solo players don't need higher end gear if they don't plan on entering that content. That is where this whole thing went wrong. There is no way a solo player can legitimately explain to me why they need a mythical relic item to complete solo content. Same goes for a heroic player earning raid equivalent items. It is pretty sad that the game had a viable loot system for so many years and just out of the blue decided to cave to people who whatever reason.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Amen on that - than we have misunderstanding
    All I am saying that evolution of this game (no matter how I hate this) is from subscribing game to P2W type (and yeah btw I have played EQ1 since release). The way ALL P2W games works - they give modest to very vigorous start than it goes to dramatic slow down where for progress you either have to grind gazzilion of hours (or pay someone to do it for you) in order to get very small incremental progress (tithe would be a good example) or/and once ppl get frustrated enough give them a way to pay $$ for shortcut.
    As it stands now - even gear is IRRELAVANT - everyone one who reading skill and internet able w/o much hassle get a) Epic 2.0 and b) enough resolve and gear to hit mark 15k+ Pot
    If in last x-pack like you mention all difference came from insanely rare SINGLE item (the "Hammer" - which I never seen drop in like 7 months of weekly farming) this x-pack all you need to ... pay you way to win
    GMed Epics (about $45 per skill) and GMed Ascends (about $70 per skill) will propel you to very top of ladder REGARD your skills
    RedvsBlue likes this.
  11. Fletch Active Member

You quoted me but apparently didn't read my post so...
    Most of us like to compete based on our ability to play the game well, not our ability to aquire loot. I don't care if a person buys their gear, I'll beat them because I am better or they will beat me because they are better not because I had more time to endlessly run zones for rare loot and they didn't. But yeah, if you are proud of your video game loot then that is great.
  12. Jrox Well-Known Member

Again, I would say its a pay to win scenario now. No skill needed, as all you have to do is pay for your Ascension spells. Skill is moot now. I am right at the edge so to speak with this ****. Why should I invest my time in a game where my skill or anyone else's has become nothing to guys who never went higher than a healer on the parser, never-mind they were T1-DPS classes lol. Seriously...
    DoomDrake, RedvsBlue and Meneltel like this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

I was wrong! Prices can keep on going up. Once you put in 999,999 plat, just keep putting in 999,999 gold. It automatically increases plat until you finally hit "OK." It will take a little while, but you can get it to go as high as you want.
  14. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Take a second and ask yourself how well the game is doing with this current system versus and previous one 4+ years ago. It is pretty obvious that players want challenge. A challenge that often times requires other players to help accomplish goals. I am not necessarily proud of the loot itself but more or less that a group of people can come together knowing that not everyone will get something. Learning things and actually having social interaction is what makes players better. Not how much plat you have in the bank and are willing to shell out for an item in auction.

This game doesn't take any kind of skill anymore. Out of 87 (yes that almost half as many as ToT) raid guilds 50+ have cleared more than half of the available content. The ability to play the game well comes from having enough resolve, pot, cb, ferv and logging in to fill XP on scrolls, seriously??! Being proud of anything died in DoV-ToV. This alone proves how bad it has become. Last time I checked people played video games to escape the real world. This isn't the only game dealing with this same thing either.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

+10500 :D
    We have in guild quite a few hard cores regard of my class (which been flavor of last 2 x-packs) I was king of lagging behind of top 5 dogs DPS wise (I am older and more casual nowadays and like play game for pleasure - no more loot drama, no more camping rare mob for rare loot you know drill :D)). But since I still PG in heart I simply bought my GM spells for Epic 2.0 and leveled my essentials DPS Ascending to Expert level - net result? w/o changing much my playing style I jumped to second-third spot of DPS ladder. Heck I even enjoying been on the top of DPS list for most PQs I am in :D
    The whole point game became pure P2W - which mean is either-or
    You either pay your way to win game or you grind 7/24/365 lol
    Meneltel likes this.
  16. Conifur Well-Known Member

What about on a Leap year? Do you get a day off? :) They might as well port game over to iPad like all the other micro transaction games.
    Jrox and DoomDrake like this.
  17. Sunje Active Member

I'm not sure if its possible to buy a krono with platin when you are a f2p gamer and you cant use the broker :D

I mean we are at 1 million platins now on antonia bayle :D
  18. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I still dont know how legit players have gathered 1 million plat they can just throw at game time. I played this game for 11 years and I have never been close. I might have like 500k spread across my 5 level 100 characters.

What a nightmare it must be for a new player to join EQ2. The only way they can get a raiding spot is spending money on Kronos and selling it to get adornments. Unless they find a guild with friendly people that supplies it for free or want to farm old content for months so they can craft it on their own.

I mean, a single Wantia Raw power adornment is like 18k and you get like 1.5 plat per daily in most zones
  19. Sunje Active Member

Its no balance in this game... Inflation like hell!
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Actually because of experts heroic market semi saturated and even see some deflation (not on kroon thou - those are still on rise albeit at much slower pace)