Pre-Order EverQuest II - Destiny of Velious Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Krilinye Guest

No you dont need to preorder to get the vamp..

What you need is December and January rewards unlocked on your account, then, whenever you purchase the game within the next year, you will receive the Vampire reward. Thats at least how i understood it.
    And noones bullying you into being "a real vamp", tbh the SC stuff doesnt make much of a difference (Except for 100% run speed). Unless your really into houses, theres not much reason to purchase the extra stuff.

Bekkr wrote:
    Well they had to put some deadline. If they had moved it a few hours, there would still be some folks that would have missed the rewards. Get over it, just because you subbed a day after the rewards were handed out shouldnt make you eligible for the rewards. Iirc the "event" were actually announced a long time ahead.
    Just get SOE to send you a mail with any news.. my account -> email settings and you prolly get the rest.
  2. ARCHIVED-lail Guest

Ive pre-ordered , but im disgusted with what your charging Uk players for this xpac, bad form tbh
  3. ARCHIVED-Bekkr Guest

Krilinye wrote:
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. My point is that the Freeblood race should be included with DoV, especially given what they're charging versus what you currently get.
    If they'd done that, I'd probably have splashed out for the vamp "extras". As it is, they'll get exactly zero dollars from me wrt anything Freeblood-related.
  4. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

Krilinye wrote:

I'm currently trying to get clarification on this from SOE. I wanted to make sure, so I asked them whether it would mess up my rewards eligibility if I bought the expansion from another site rather than the SOE Store (I'm in the UK and found a site that was having 20% off all orders, including DoV).
    The reply that I got back stated categorically that the game has to be purchased through the SOE site to qualify for the rewards as 'if you had preordered the game through a third party we would have no idea' and therefore the account wouldn't be flagged to receive the Feb reward.
    Now, this doesn't really make sense to me. Eligibility as I understand it is on having an account in good standing on all three eligibility days and on buying the expansion and activating it before the end of Dec 2011. It says nothing about having to buy it through the SOE Store.
    I queried this. At the moment I'm awaiting a reply. With bated breath.
  5. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

Nynaeve wrote:
    You don't actually need the hand to hand animation item if you play a vamp with a hand to hand class... as far as the house goes... it's just a house.
  6. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

is there been a response by a red named about the ridicilous overpricing for international customers yet?
    this is just blatantly discriminating of non us-citizens, soe should be reported if nothing is done about it
  7. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Severai wrote:
    From how it as explained when this question first came up, it isn't the actual pre-order that grants you th February reward, it is the activation of the the expansion. So, as soon as the expansion gets activated for your account, you will be flagged for the February reward. Pre-ordering from another site just means your account won't get flagged until you are able to activate the expansion for the account.
    I really do wish SOE would give their CS the information they need to answer questions correctly so they aren't constantly botching things up for them like this. They definitely don't need any more help in the botching department. ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

Yes, that's how I understood the eligibility to be as well. And I'm presuming that it's still the case. However, I'm very concerned at the assertion from CS that it has to be bought via the SOE Store, because that's absolutely NOT what I understood from info on the forums and on EQ2Players. Like you, I'm presuming that it's just CS Error, but as of yet I've received no reply from anyone about this.

This is the text of the answer that I received from CS:
    (my emphasis)
    That states categorically that it has to be bought via the SOE site. Whereas I think the advice is probably wrong, I'd rather like confirmation one way or another. Because if this is right, then it has a big impact.
    [EDIT: formatting]
  9. ARCHIVED-Rairine Guest

I honestly feel that SOE are almost actively trying to discourage people from playing this game. RIFT comes out soon and if you pre-order, and go with a 6 month subsvription plan, its £6 a month. SOE do nothing but rip off players that dont use $.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zephanor Guest

I noticed as well that the CE is now available for us FF folks at full pre-order price. If I order that for my current account can I use the few standard edition for a second account? If not then I would like to have the option to purchase the CE at a pro-rated amount. I can't see that this would be an issue... it's just a few additional items but a few I would like... but for $60 after we already have the free? I'd rather not give it up just to "upgrade" to CE.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

We shouldn't have to buy a race anyway.

Bekkr wrote:
  12. ARCHIVED-Socar Guest

Can we get more payment options please ?

I don't own a credit card and never will , but I do use paypal.

If we can buy stationcash with paypal , why not the expansion pre-order ?
  13. ARCHIVED-Urrano Guest

i like collecting stuff, but i aint seen the box available from a UK dealer, so the only option is to buy from amazon dot com, as you can see all the extra cost add up, even after the queen gets her cut ! she usually takes 20% !

ps, funny how the CE is digital download now, i liked my real life shinnys!

Order Summary [IMG]
    Items:$39.99
    Shipping & Handling:$12.48
    Pre-order Guarantee:-$0.00
    [IMG]
    Total Before Tax:$52.47
    Estimated Tax To Be Collected:*$0.00
    Import Fees Deposit$10.49
    [IMG]
    Order Total: $62.96
  14. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

I'm going to request this because it can't hurt. I really dislike the different items offered in digital and retail, it's just not fair to have to pick, sometimes I want both items. That being said, the very expensive Collectors edition should contain ALL items from ALL digital or box editions. The CE does not contain the Standard of the Dain cloak that is in the box only.
    I hope you guys will reconsider and add the cloak to the CE. Thank you.