Pre-Order EverQuest II - Destiny of Velious Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

[IMG]
    EverQuest II - Destiny of Velious is now available for pre-order! This exciting new expansion to the world of Norrath will be released on February 22, 2011.

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Masterimp Guest

so there are no more collector's ed for retail? i enjoy the dragon coin in Kos and the two little mount figures from the last two exp...... the little things are what make us happy...... besides great game content
  3. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

I asked this in the other thread but most are guessing it is Standard.
    People that went to fan fair we get the expantion for going. But what I don't see is which we get? Do we get the Digital Collector's edition or the Standard Edition? Like to hear the offical word so I know if I need to pre-order the Collector edition or not.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nighthowl Guest

I see it says for CE items are one per account? So we can't have these items for all of our toons?! I have three level 90 toons that I play, as well a host of alts that I play every few weeks... I'm not sure I'll bother with the CE if only one of my toons can get the items. That would just make my other toons feel ****!
  5. ARCHIVED-Masterimp Guest

wow.... maybe the rumors are true, EQ2 is dieing...... or maybe they are slacking off for eq3! :D
  6. ARCHIVED-Teslora Guest

Graditz wrote:
    You will get the standard like my wife and I did 2 fan faires ago more than likely
  7. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

But they only had the standard download then didn't they? The Collector Edition was still a retail copy then. Atleast if I am right those times it was the normal download, Standard Retail copy an a Collector edition retail copy or am I wrong in that?
  8. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Graditz wrote:
    Almost certainly it'll be the regular edition. Although TBH I'm sure they'd be happy to have people spend $60 for the collector's edition instead of taking the free regular edition

Regarding the digital collector's edition... sixty bucks for preorder, and NINETY after the fact? All for a house item, an armor crate, an appearance mount, and a prestige house, limited to one per account?
    Jebus, you guys sure show where your effort is focused -- on getting more money out of people's wallets for the fluff stuff. I can even excuse the sixty -- that's not too far out of line for a "collector's" even if it's a digital-only MMO collector's, but by god the $90 price after the fact is just ludicrously greedy. That'd be an extra fifty bucks over the regular digital version, more than double for a few fluff items. Even if you left the price at $60 that would be getting quite a premium, given that the price of the expansion generally drops in the retail world pretty quickly.
    It's stuff like this that makes it really hard to like SOE even one bit. And I really feel bad for the developers, because I know they're not the ones making these calls and know how hard many of them work.
  9. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Collector's Edition for digital is new, I believe. However, I'm pretty sure that it will be Standard for Fan Faire attendees. Such is the way it's always been. The value of the standard digital and the standard retail are the same, and the Collector's isn't the same value.
    I know in another thread players were hoping for Collector's as the Fan Faire gift since it's digital this year, and I'm still going to verify, but if I had to place a bet, I'd go with standard. Absolutely our Fan Faire attendees are loyal players, and the gifting of the EQ and EQII expansions is something Smed came up with back in 2008 at Fan Faire, on site. Once we got back we had to figure out how to make it happen, hehe. Since we grant the same for EQ ("the next expansion"), and they don't have a digital Collector's Edition for EQ, it doesn't seem fair that EQII players would get a higher-valued version.
    And, after all, even employees only get the standard edition if we decide to download a copy. And I'd say we're pretty loyal. (I worked over 8 hours yesterday on the holiday "day off". Day off? Hah!) ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

Thank you Amnerys was wondering so I know to do the pre-order for it or not.
  11. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Any plans to offer a way to upgrade to CE for those getting a complementary copy? Since the retail/digital version is 39.99 but the CE is 59.99 (at least for now) perhaps an opportunity to upgrade for 20.00 for those types of situations might be something to consider.
  12. ARCHIVED-Allodoxa Guest

Will these be on the marketplace at all since they're digital?
  13. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Senya wrote:
    I like this idea.
  14. ARCHIVED-Chaosonia Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    This idea gets my vote (and my husbands vote) as well. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Chaosonia wrote:
    Add me and my husband to this list :)
  16. ARCHIVED-terminatertom Guest

hmm go to pre order price is $59.95 USD at start , login into account and go to Add on and price now jumps to $74.95 AUS
    going by the current exchange rates $59.95 USD = 59.6863 AUD

I would like to know what exchange rate SOE is using, seem unfair that Aussi players are paying a extra $15 ...
    Can SOE look into this..
  17. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

When can we get a preview of the Digi CE goodies?? me and my BF are getting the digi ce, but we wanna see the goodies! please!
  18. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

terminatertom wrote:
    Their exchange rates have been goofy for quite a while IIRC. They're set at arbitrary points of time rather than reflecting the current rate, last I've heard. I know people have been up in arms over them several times before.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kattya Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    I dunno - I tried to pre-order the digital CE on all three of my active accounts (two of which went to Fan Faire), and could only order it on the non-Fan Faire account. The other two accounts had it (and the standard version) greyed out, and both indicated that both versions were activated. Happy mistake? I'd like to know before the price changes, because if I do NOT get the CE for attending FanFaire, I do want the opportunity to buy it at the lower price.
  20. ARCHIVED-Yunay Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    ALSO FOR NON-US-PLAYER??
    And if the Add-on is NOT only for US Players ... please tell us where PAYING european player could pre-order it.