Pre-Order EverQuest II - Destiny of Velious Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

wuuuuu!! thanks SOE for making the Digi-CE oner per character!! now...just one more thing...

***CAN WE
    PLEASE HAVE
    SOME SCREENSHOTS
    OF THE DIGI
    PRE-ORDER ITEMS???***

There. i hope that made everyones question clearer! Just incase some of the Devs need glasses to see the type. their eyes are bound to be tired from working on everything! now please make us some screens!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Eldoob Guest

Leiloki@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It's getting to the point where I actually expect disappointment. Thanks for the clarification for me!
  3. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

Graditz wrote:
    Still no word. Please let us know what is up with this.
  4. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

A few things...
    - You can ONLY order the Collector's Edition from the webpage linked in this article. Stores will not be carrying the CE.
    - Yes, items have been changed to one per character. I was waiting on the page to update and you guys beat me to it! :)
    - I believe you will be able to purchase the expasion at launch with Station Cash, but I don't know if you'll be able to Pre-Order with SC. Which means you can get the Standard Version for the same price either way, but you won't get the Pre-Order items if you wait until launch, and the CE price will jump up. I don't know yet if they'll be able to work a SC version of Pre-Order into the system.
  5. ARCHIVED-Piltow Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    You need to answer one more question (at least). How, if at all, can FF attendees who are getting free digital download preorder upgrade or even order the CE version?? Inquiring minds want to know.
  6. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Gerak@Crushbone wrote:
    Yes; it's gotten kind of spread over different threads but the Fan Faire orders need some clarification.
    As it stands, Fan Faire attendees are already flagged for the expansion. Both standard and collectors editions are greyed out and we can not proceed past there.
    So, again:
    1) Will Fan Faire people get the collectors edition?
    2) If not, then how will the Fan Faire people go about getting the collectors edition items?
    3) Again, if we will not recieve the CE, then can there be an option to buy the collectors edition items through the marketplace (or something) for the difference in price (20 dollars)? This would be a really nice thing to do as the expansion given to Fan Faire people will pretty much be useless for a large number of participants.
  7. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Gerak@Crushbone wrote:
    Not just one...

When is the price for the international players going to be brought into line with what the game is actually worth according to exchange rates and not some arbitrary price your accounting department made up??
  8. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

We're checking on the FF and CE issue. Hopefully we'll have a solution sometime next week. It'll give you a few more days to save your pennies. ;)
    But seriously, we're on it and I'll let you know what gets worked out.
  9. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thanks for looking into this. Your responses are apreciated. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Soresha Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    You didn't say you're looking into the pricing fiasco for non-US players. What about us?
    You think it is perfectly reasonable then, for us to pay $80 US DOLLARS FOR THE COLLECTORS EDITION?

If anyone is having trouble grasping the reality of what we are being ask to pay, please go to http://www.xe.com/ucc/ and put the numbers in for yourself. The collectors edition is charged at £49.99 to British players, and as Amnerys says, it is not available for purchase by any other route. £49.99 GDP = $80.00 USD.
  11. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

And $74.95 AUD
  12. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

59.99 USD = 37.50 GBP
    Please, adjust your figures or let me buy it using dollars.
  13. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

Ok tring to figure out what you all are talking about. Sorry just tring to figure the math an such all out.
    I looked at it 59.99 US dollars.
    Currency Rates
    Live rates at 2011.01.22 15:09:00 UTC
    59.99 USD = 44.0423 EUR
    The only way I get 80+ dollars is if I place 59.99 as EUR
    Live rates at 2011.01.22 15:17:00 UTC
    59.99 ERU = 81.7124 USD
    Correct me if I am wrong but you all are buying this from the US for 59.99 thus the 59.99 has to be listed in USD an you get the 44 number in EURO.
    http://www.xe.com/ucc/
    http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-c...o=EUR;amt=59.99
  14. ARCHIVED-Soresha Guest

Graditz wrote:
    Great Britain uses Pounds Sterling, not the Euro. So you're using the wrong currency there.
    The real problem here is we are not offered the same option as Americans. All the web pages SAY we can pre-order for $59.99 but it's a lie. If you're a non-US player and follow the links through, on the pre-order page we see a different price in the currency set on our accounts. If we were offered the option of paying $59.99 in USD we'd all be very happy! But we're not. Instead, since my currency is set as GBP I see this:
    [IMG]

The conversion issue is then simply about relative values.
    British players are given a price of £49.99 in GDP, equivalent value to an American player is $79.96
    Australian players are given a price of $74.95 in AUS, equivalent value to an American player is $74.18.
    German players (and presumably other Euro countries) are given a price of €54,99 in EUR, equivalent value to an American player is $74.90.
    Converted prices correct at time of posting btw. They will fluctuate a little.

Thinking about it, this product is being advertised as available at a given price to all customers, without any disclaimer that it is only applicable to one country and if you live anywhere else you have to pay significantly more. In the UK, I could report this offence to the Advertising Standards Authority and SOE would get their knuckles severely wrapped.
  15. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

Ok I think I figured it out. The first is the 59.99 USD amount we pay in the US.
    Live rates at 2011.01.22 17:05:00 UTC
    59.99 USD = 37.5057GBP
    The second is based on the 49.99 for you I see in the pic which i am guessing is GBP.
    49.99 GBP = 79.9584 USD
    OK the I see it now. An I think I understand alittle more than before.
  16. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Soresha wrote:
    Yes but they have held in the same general vicinity for at least the past 3 months, maybe more. I posted about the AUD finally breaking parity and going over the USD back in November. Before that it hadn't dropped down below 90-95 cent in aaaaaages.
    Soresha wrote:
    I think you should if SOE doesn't do anything in the next week. Maybe we all should.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lortet Guest

My credit card charges me a small fee for any international transaction - around 1%. Doesn't matter what currency - the exchange is no charge, and the rate I get is very competitive with any exchange rate I have ever checked.
    This (SOE) system gives me the worst of both features - I get ripped off in the exchange then still get the foreign transaction fee!
  18. ARCHIVED-markww11 Guest

My reasons for not pre ordering are:

1) Being English we are getting stiffed on pricing for no explicable reason
    2) There is absolutely zero infomation about what is in the expansion, i don't consider the few lines on the ad information. I want details

Luckily I have the option of walking away from the game and playing something else such as Rift (The collectors edition of which is cheaper and it gives me 30 days free play) or WOW (Cataclysm is cheaper than DoV) or one of the many other games I have accounts with. Sony need to realise there are competitors out there rather than just carrying on as if they are the only game in town.
  19. ARCHIVED-Soresha Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Yeah I agree, I meant fluctuate a very very very little. Didn't want someone saying "but you're wrong, it's 5 cents more/less!" ;)
    And I wish I could, but the websites of US companies aren't going to be within the remit of a UK regulatory body. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was saying that if this happened on British (virtual) soil, they could be forced to change the ad, or remove it. (Although after a little googling on false advertisment it seems the Federal Trade Commission is the US equivalent.)
    Anyway, putting discussions on the rules of advertising aside, I would much rather SOE just treated us fairly. Or at the very least, the marketing/business people gave Amnerys some explanations of their pricing and currency arrangements and reasoning to feed back to us.
  20. ARCHIVED-Elfrodite Guest

Any word on when we can see pics of the CE items so I can decide what I want to get?