Pre-Order EverQuest II - Destiny of Velious Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

The price in € is already about 20% higher than the price in USD,
    and on the page botton I read: *plus applicable taxes.
    Does that mean I have to pay 20% VAT on TOP of the already higher price?
    (resulting in 40% higher then US price)
    Or does the *plus applicable taxes simply mean the few bucks my credit-card usage will cost me?
  2. ARCHIVED-Reztarn Guest

A guildie of mine has got a quick email response about the price difference but basically it boils down to "Hey we aren't trying to secretly rip you off it has to do with taxes and stuff"
    But wait...there is no tax for software coming into Australia at this price range. GST is not applicable until it is over $1000. There is no US federal sales tax and state sales tax doesn't apply accross state borders let alone international borders.
    There is no reason I should be charged 25% more then I would if I lived in the USA. Like it has been said at the end of the day SOE gets paid in US dollars by my credit card. I pay the conversion rates to visa.
    This expansion will cost me $20 extra simply because I no longer live in West Roxbury MA...kinda crap. Way to disinfranchise your customer base even more Sony. Numbers keep dieing off and you seem to want to make every decision you can to help people to leave. YAY you are finally doing a server for the LD server...but wait you're merging it with a non role playing server...way to go...make your roleplaying community feel they aren't wanted.
    Whats next?
  3. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Thanks for answering me Q Amnery. I hope they do let us pre-order it with SC, as I've been saving me SC for just this reason. lol
    Eshaac
  4. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

How about being able to order the simple retail box edition if outside the US? Last year when they still had retail CE box editions it got pulled in the last week by the distributers (not sure if it was to all kiwi stores or just those not with the initials 'E' & 'B')
  5. ARCHIVED-Grycks Guest

Really? After more than SIX years of selling this game and its expansions we STILL don't have a standard equitable way for our international players to play?? International negotiations should be a rubber stamp at this stage as Sony is a Japanese company selling this product mostly to United States customers.
  6. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

Reztarn wrote:
    UK tax is 20% not 33%.
    The price via the station store is 33% more than US citizens are being asked to pay. The game is advertised at $59.99 and people outside of the US are being charged MORE than that and MORE than any possible relevant tax.
    Not only is this a blatent rip-off, but it seriously adds up when considering the purchase of multiple copies.
    But it seems like we're beating a dead horse here as SOE are not willing to help their foreign customers.
    So, can anyone who has purchased the pre-order confirm what happens next?
    Is the digital download tied to your Station Account? Is there an activation code? Can one station account order multiple copies of the expansion pack?
  7. ARCHIVED-14lexington Guest

Nighthowl wrote:
    No, it is one per character. It says that in the fine print.
    Station Exclusive - Available until 2/21/11 for only $59.99*
    Includes:
    • Loyal Snow Hound -
      Siberian Husky Puppy
    • Four Different Velious Portal Paintings -
      Paintings with teleportation powers
    • Tserrina's Wedding Present -
      Tower of Frozen Shadow house item with special ability
    • Cryomantic Armor Crate -
      Magical ice appearance armor
    • Everfrost Summer Home -
      Menagerie Prestige Home
    • Stormfeather Brood Guardian -
      Alternate griffon mount appearance
    • Free 30-day subscription for new accounts
    *On February 22, 2011 the Digital Collector's Edition price will increase to $89.99.
    Items one per character. Non-tradable and no cash value.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I'm not sure if mine is the collector's editon or not will have to go back to morrow and doublecheck...need to get a Shiny Entei or Suicune missed Raikou (He I have to have something to play while the expansion is loading up or when my internet is down)
  9. ARCHIVED-Brekkik Guest

14lexington wrote:
    Nighthowl's post was made when the fine print still read one per account. They later changed it to one per character.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Scabies@Najena wrote:
    I'm also not going to pay $80 for a pig in a poke
  11. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

Still no word on the FF and CE issue? Hope they figure it out soon.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Please have an update on FF and CE soon? Or at least tell us if you don't have one/they're working on a solution?
  13. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    If you go to the pre-order screen, the standard version is still greyed out but the CE version is now green and purchaseable but at the full price. I was hoping we could upgrade from standard to CE for the price difference but guess not. *sad panda*
  14. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Any new word on if we are going to be able to pre-order with SC yet?
    Eshaac
  15. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Katz wrote:
    Ah, thank you.
    I do wish they'd offered us a pro-rated rate. That griffon appearance and the house item may be neat, but they're not worth $60
  16. ARCHIVED-Grycks Guest

Which is why I never got a prowler with Sentinel's Fate after attending the Fan Faire and receiving the free digital download.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

the price of this expansion plus the additional cost if you want the vampire plus extras is RIDICULOUS!
    Especially for European players.
    If I hadn't already prepaid a 1 year sub last November (cause I wanted the horse) I'd quit this game and never look back.
  18. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Nynaeve wrote:
    If you already qualify for the December, January, and February rewards and buy Velious, why would you need to buy the Vampire race again?
  19. ARCHIVED-Bekkr Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Some people don't. Like those of us who may have resubscribed hours or days after the December rewards were tallied.
    I had been unsubscribed for a while, as is sometimes necessary (finances, limited playtime, etc.) and renewed my subscription (more or less on a whim) literally a day or two after the "list" for the Dec. rewards was made.
    So no vamps for me, even though I paid a year in advance and have already preordered DoV, unless I pay AU$24.
    It seems a pretty harsh penalty for simply not keeping up with EQ2 news while unsubscribed (and re-subbing on the wrong day).
  20. ARCHIVED-Nynaeve Guest

afaik I need to PRE-order Velious to get the vampire race.
    I was talking about the too expensive price of the expansion/CE.
    and when I finally can make a Vampire, I have to pay 3000 extra
    to make it a "real" Vamp. Who wants to be a Vamp without the little extras?