PoW Myth Cloaks

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Twyxx, May 3, 2013.

1. StaticLex Active Member

It's exactly about Teku being the easiest mob. There are so many guilds that could kill Teku that would have a very hard time killing the generals it's silly. If you gave those people a path to skip straight to Teku it would be unfair to all that guilds that can consistently clear the zone.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

honestly it's like you didn't read anything else posted.
    Those that Haven't already killed Teku wouldn't be able to go straight to Teku, clearly.
  3. StaticLex Active Member

Yeah, and it's not hard to get lucky once or call in outside help for one kill to get the flag.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

you might be right except for the fact that those that kill commanders just once (to get the option to skip to teku) still clearly need gear from commanders, so you would rekill commanders anyway. (drops 2 BPs a kill I believe, 24-27 people in a raid guild in consideration, that would mean you need atleast 12 kills of commanders If you get lucky and never get extra BPs, which is unlikely) the teku option is for those that have been kill commanders for months now.

also it's why I said the guild achievement (which consists of atleast 2/3s of your guild to obtain). and honestly if you have to sit any more than 1/3 of your guild to kill commanders, you have other issues to worry about. bringing in 1-2 people to "help" won't matter on commanders really in the big picture since the fight is split anyway
  5. Karagon Active Member

Would be really beter if you also make an option to despawn all nameds - like the way of 5 tokens from previous teku kills. Mythical cloaks are cool - but only for several classes. Either fix them so they would be desirable to ALL classes - not only SK, Necro, Guardian and mb a few more, or just trash despawning wouldn't make much sense - no one gonna waste 0,5-1 hour in that zone to run around killing nameds for cloaks that are useless for 75% of raid, and most of the 25% raid left already got their cloaks.....

Atm monk's cloak is completely useless... Same as Inquisitor's one and many other else... You did really good items - why only for several classes? Why you don't want to fix them - It's item from previous expansion - yes - but if you make a unique items for each class (VERY good desision - there should be much more of such items - i really liked mythical weapons in RoK, i liked the idea of cloaks!!!!) why you don't make it desirable to all classes??? Some time ago before this new forum was launched you asked to send you PM with reasonable changes for cloaks. I am pretty sure some (if not many) people did that (including me) with really reasonable changes - but nothing changed... Sad...
  6. Karagon Active Member

If you can spend a little time and change cloak effects for 2/3 of classes so they would be usefull to all classes - a lot of people here would thank you for that. Isn't it the purpose to make players happy? Not by giving them IMBA SUPER items, but at least giving to ANY class a reason to go to that zone, to dream about the cloak, not going there just because new recruit SK/necro needs the cloak...
  7. AricaJade Member

i'm amazed the druid cloaks have even been discoed tbh.
  8. slippery Well-Known Member

The irony is that they actually changed a couple cloaks, and still didn't make them remotely useful.
  9. Chronus Active Member

Conj, Warlock and Inquisitor. It's funny because it's not even best in slot even with 2 red slots for conj or warlock over the MC fabled cloak. In fact I think only 1 conj cloak exists worldwide, which probably remains in an appearance slot with the few warlock ones.
  10. Ebofu Active Member

Freeport...

Plane of War
    The Enraged War Boar now drops a curious new item!

Will this de-spawn trash or names I wonder.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Will be trash, otherwise you know for a fact there will be 100 posts tomorrow of guilds who despawned all the other nameds by accident.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Also got bored instead of doing revision, and figured I'd do a mock up of what I think could be done with cloaks to make them all best in slot to some degree. Curious what others would do too: (Some may be more OP than others!)

Assassin - Allows all stealth attacks a 50% chance to strike twice.
    Beastlord - All ranks of Feral Rampage and Spirituality will have duration increased by 2s
    Berserker - 2 Trigger magical stoneskin added to Adrenaline or Juggernaught
    Brigand - Thieves Guild gives a 20% chance for Target + Casters Combat arts to Double Up.
    Bruiser - Increased Radius on Wild Beatings + Divide and Conquer by 5m + 3 more threat position
    Coercer - Reduces base reuse speed of Manaflow by 50%.
    Conjuror - Grants the pet 100% AE Avoidance + 25% Damage Reduction
    Defiler - 16s duration 30% groupwide damage reduction
    Dirge - Ressurects all dead group members within a 25m radius of the caster with 100% hp/power
    Fury - Restores 100% Power to the caster and increases group spell damage by 5% of Base before mods.
    Guardian - Battle Tactics becomes raid wide and adds 5% max hp buff
    Illusionist - Increases the Duration of Timewarp and PoM by 20%
    Inquisitor - Adds a large ward on a succesful cure.
    Monk - Prevents Superior Guard being cancelled by the use of a combat art.
    Mystic - 16s duration 50% Ele/nox/arcane DR.
    Necro - Increase damage of Lifeburn by 15%
    Paladin - When paladin takes damage, 110% heal for the damage amount. Working on 1 Shots.
    Ranger - 10m Range on Auto/CA's
    Shadowknight - AE Snap + 40% Damage reduction
    Swashbuckler - Adds a 5% HP Debuff to Dashing Swathe + Lucky Gambit
    Templar - stoneskin buff becomes groupwide/Raidwide
    Troubadour - Allows UT to be cast on 2 Group members (Or whole group)
    Warden - Makes Cyclone into a Groupwide Ability
    Warlock - Adds 3 ticks to Plaguebringer and Apocalypse (Assuming not capped).
    Wizard - Increased Damage modifier on Fiery Blast of 12% Or Increase time monitored by 20%.
  13. guard Active Member

would be nice if they started by making the cloaks work properly i.e the guardian one is annoying if anyone moves more than 25 metre's away they permanently lose the buff till the guard resets it same on deaths or when someone joins or leave's raid
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep, hence why I reactivate Battle Tactics on almost every pull. Still sucks as it breaks again if anyone dies, though I did not know about the range issue.
  15. guard Active Member

the range issue is properly the most annoying part of it. resetting at each pull you can live with
  16. Tekadeo Active Member

I disagree with improving any single target buffs, unless making them groupwide. They are spoiling the fun of competing on the parse when someone has superman buffs and you have jack squat.
  17. Tekadeo Active Member

Oh and giving Swashies the option to have 14% (10% aoe) max hp debuffs is beyond ridiculous.

Using Mythical cloaks for any sort of class balancing AT ALL is just.....no.

They need to be small things really, or just extras that are nice. Not some of the game breaking silliness listed above. Although I think most are awesome...
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Swashy was the hardest one to pick really. And of course all of them are pretty OP, but then some of that list are whats actually ingame currently. Aim high, settle lower!
    Feel free to come up with a list of what you'd pick though, not as easy as you think :(
  19. Tekadeo Active Member

Easy. Pick every class' best (or worst) class-specific ability, and make it 30% more awesome. Done.
  20. Karagon Active Member

Lol what? it's even worser and useless than 25% increased provoking stance, as soon as Superior guard is used just before smth lands. No please!!!

Good ideas for monk's cloaks are:
    1) Reducing provoking stance base cooldown for 25%, or making it go in cooldown just after it's used
    2) Damage procs each hit when Provoking stance is active
    3) +25% reposte chance for provoking stance.
    4) Reducing the base cooldown of Tsunami for 25%
    Or smth else like that