PoW Myth Cloaks

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Twyxx, May 3, 2013.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

that's a good step in the right direction, but seeing as most guilds that have cleared pow for a long time now just really go in on alts/off nights and clear to the trash instead of raid nights, I don't see much a difference. Rather just have a "go straight to Teku" option if you guild has cleared it X amount of times
  2. Shanak Member

Ya and while you're at it, for all of the CoE zones that have HM bosses, give us an option to despawn all trash and all bosses that only have easy mode versions. :p

Also, I noticed that "Soon" is not trademarked, I don't know what to think about that
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

The trash in PoW was worthwhile and needed while PoW was current end-game content. Now only the Mythical is really end-game so allowing a guild to save 4 hours of time is perfectly reasonable. Would you enjoy clearing UFD still if you had to clear all the trash and it still took just as long as it did in SF?

Btw sorry if I brought back nightmare-nights on XYZ.
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

TBH for those guilds not clearing but still doing PoW, it may be useful to greatly diminish the never-ending zone lag. If its an option for all ...but on the same token the trash drops are usually upgrades for many raiders still doing the zone so its one of those whatever moments...still think it would have been better to add them to all names with the same garbage drop rate.
  5. Lordebon Active Member

Much needed! Even as fast as the trash can be burned through these days it's still mostly a waste for guilds that completely clear PoW looking for just a few certain things (like myth cloaks). And worse comes to worse if the option is not gated guilds that are looking for certain trash drops could kill the type of trash they want and then choose to despawn the rest.

Requiring completing the zone once (killing Teku) before you can clear the trash would be a good compromise, but as old as the zone is now it should be fine letting anyone choose to remove the trash, especially since it means forgoing the potential loot from it.
  6. Tekadeo Active Member

OMG YAY
  7. slippery Well-Known Member

Would be nice to just skip to Teku completely. This zone is well past its use by date.
  8. Tekadeo Active Member

I think skipping to Teku would be a bit silly since Teku is one of the easiest fights in the zone. Skipping to Commanders would be more appropriate, it is one of the hardest and proves your worth.

Maybe walking into the zone and killing the Boar spawns Teku close to the zone-in, and you can opt to challenge him now or complete the zone as is.
    Lempo likes this.
  9. slippery Well-Known Member

You'd have a point if killing Teku wasn't a prereq for being able to clear the zone to him. If a guild is struggling to kill Commanders and wanted to skip everything they'd likely be screwing themselves out of gear they need. The guilds that want to skip to Teku are the ones that need absolutely nothing but myth cloaks.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

NPC at start of zone (Erus in fact, why not), should allow you to despawn a named using a token dropped by Teku.

Teku drops 5 of them each kill, allows you to depop Berik, Glokus, Eriak, Tagrin and Commanders.

That way if a guild needs items from the zone, they can kill the nameds they need to, and not waste time on all the other nameds they've already killed a million times. Must be a good few months since I last saw any Berik look going to mains that weren't week old recruits. But still need Priest/Mage 2handers from Teku.

Any way of getting rid of the monotony of having to do the same nameds over and over that we've been doing for the past year, would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and while here, is it just our loot thats been awful from Teku?
    We've seen:
    10+ brawler 2handers
    2 Mage 2handers
    3 Priest 2handers
    5+ Plate tank 2 Handers
    1 Plate Shield
    1 Scout Bow
    0 Mage secondary.

Could we perhaps have a somewhat better balance on the loot drops on this, or any future mobs that drop weapons.
    Jrel likes this.
  11. Ebofu Active Member

+1 for itemising teku loot into current content
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I will more than likely be making a more thorough post about this in the future, but the 'random' code EQ2 uses is nothing short of horrendous. Item drop rates to players being 'selected' for dets or other fight mechanics it stinks out loud. The 'RNG' as it is sometimes called is extremely prone to 'streaking' variables, selecting the same target several times in a row or not selecting others EVER. I SUSPECT the devs see little to no problem though since they likely view such results on a 'global' scale. So it doesn't matter if its percentage for a player or guild is off, as long as an item is dropping 15% when looking at THE ENTIRE PLAYERBASE, everything is fine. Wrong. If an item has a 15% drop rate and there are players, groups, and guilds who are only seeing a 1%-2% drop rate, there is a SERIOUS problem.
    Twyxx likes this.
  13. Ranga Active Member

Not for people who have yet to even get in the zone it isn't. And that is probably a high proportion of players. I for one, would rather all content that isn't broken stays at the level of introduction, otherwise very few people get to rise to the challenge.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

you might be right if the option to skip to teku wasn't based on if you had already went and killed teku.
    also the level of introduction would be awful for PoW considering PoW was introduced at level 90, making the mobs like 96-98? doing that at 95 would be redundant to say the least.
    I think I prefer Errorrz plan the most, 5 coins, from teku, you can skip as many names as you want as long as you killed teku, or just despawn berik/targin, and kill the rest.
  15. anybig New Member

fix warlock cloak
  16. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Yeah, as Ucala mentioned, this changes nothing for you or guilds still progressing in there. Errrorr's suggestion would only apply to guilds that have already cleared the zone and don't want any of the loot from the trash or the other nameds in there.
  17. StaticLex Active Member

Teku is about as hard as a trash mob so skipping right to it seems too generous. For guilds that have cleared it at least once I'd suggest adding a way to remove all trash and all names except the generals and call it good. Giving the cloak a 75% drop rate would be a nice bonus.
  18. Ranga Active Member

Well, they already had the concept in VP years ago. It would be so easy in progression zones to have a 'clearing' quest that once completed, you can port straight to the last mob aka Taking on Trakanon.

I doubt many would have an objection to that and it would be so easy to implement. It would mean all your raid members had to have completed it but hey...
  19. Ranga Active Member

They already have the concept for this too like in Emerald Halls and the challenges on each floor..too easy really :)
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

again you would be right if killing commanders wasn't already a needed objective to get to teku. and it isn't about teku being the easiest name in the zone. it's more along the lines that several guilds that have cleared PoW for some time really don't need Anything for their mains except Teku loot.
    It's along the same lines that most guilds tend to cut out running AoA because the only thing they need is helms and don't really want to waste time (no matter how fast it would be) running through the other alt loot names.

possible but not likely. with the new systems the way they are I would say the most effective way of doing it would be if your guild has the guild achievement for clearing Teku, than that is your access, it allows people that haven't killed teku to not hold back a guild from having to clear them all if he was to join a guild that was skipping to teku normally. only issue that would bring is raid alliances, but really I don't see much an issue there either.