PoW Myth Cloaks

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Twyxx, May 3, 2013.

1. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Can the myth cloak drop be moved to 100% now? If the myth cloaks are intended to be relevant for a while still, but PoW isn't it would be nice to get the cloaks dropping every time.

We've been clearing PoW for 9 months now and less than half the guild has gotten cloaks. Many classes still need those cloaks (if they're gonna remain relevant) but running all of Plane of War just for the cloak isn't worth it anymore for a low chance of a drop.
    StaticLex, Buffrat and Pixilicious like this.
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Also, a decent amount of the cloaks still need to be looked at, as they are not up to par.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Or better yet, just allow us to only kill Teku if we have killed it before.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I agree with both of you, but I also would like to see the Myths for Sullon/Tallon/Vallon upped, the would make great alternatives mid-end guilds to aim for if they want an upgrade as they are still pretty good weapons compared even to modern weapons. I still want Sullon's Vengence and Wrath both for use and appearance XD.

Still though the time for the cloaks to be true Mythicals is kinda over. They really should just designate those "1 per server" items as just Artifact and make it a separate item category.
  5. Chronus Active Member

Agree with Mogrim tbh, or maybe we could see new cloaks in new zones with different effects for every class... in which certain classes do get something worth clicking. As it is now it's the 2 red slots for most classes that make worth it but some aren't even worth it then.
    Priority and Neiloch like this.
  6. Ebofu Active Member

+1
  7. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

;)
  8. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Guess you missed the part where we've cleared it for 9 months now. The thrill is gone.
  9. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

Just messing. I'm only in it for the lulz. :p

Free bump though. That's something.
  10. Twyxx Well-Known Member

I'll take it. :)
  11. Primaeval Active Member

Or as an alternative, move an upgrade onto a hardmode in Scars. PoW being endgame for jewelry, weapons, and armor has already been removed, so it seems only logical that cloaks with similar (or better in cases where they're trash) class-based effects.

Perhaps this has already been done, but just a thought.
  12. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Kander said in the podcast interview that the intent was for the myth cloaks to remain relevant into this xpac. Doubt there's a clear cloak upgrade over them in the three hm encounters.
  13. Primaeval Active Member

Indeed. Was simply suggesting that it was a viable mechanism to replace the current system.

I think any of the following are reasonable solutions:
    1. 100% drop rate to justify the time wasted on all of the fights with gear that no one, including alts, needs.
    2. Ability to skip the trash and kill any name that you prefer.
    3. Replace the cloak in current tier.
  14. Kander Developer

This was using an example of something that was being mulled over, it was a bad example. I apologize. Mythical cloaks will not be upgraded. As to the drop rate, no plans on changing it.
    Avianna and Neiloch like this.
  15. Primaeval Active Member

Could you at least look at the requirement in PoW to clear ever single trash encounter AND every named before engaging Teku? An enormous time investment for a small chance at one upgrade for one person for many, many guilds.
  16. anybig New Member

warlock cloak stil bugged i buged it some months ago stil not fixed and Yeah its not good too
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I think at the very least some way to clear all the trash is justifiable. They are trivial, drop loot everyone either has or has better and are just a huge time waste when we have other zones to take up time now. I often see the idea of a 1 charge item that teku drops every time that will clear all PoW trash.
  18. Daalilama Well-Known Member

What about adding them to all PoW names even with the less than stellar drop rate....since giving the ability to hit directly Teku might be code intensive over just adding them to all names...even with the bad % to drop it should theoretically increase overall drop rates per zone run I would assume...that is if the pow RNG was having a good day.
  19. Jezes Active Member

We should have already learned that all of our expectations need to be lowered a LOT. But alas, we all got our hopes up that the Mythical cloaks might be more than just a 2 red slot cloak for most classes. Well at least you guys are consistent with the disappointment.
  20. Kander Developer

We are going to put in a way for you to despawn all the trash if you so desire. Soon.
    Gash, Jrel, Feldon and 4 others like this.