Please help test new repair options

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Windstalker, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guiscard Active Member

You would think with something this unpopular for which the community has expressed outrage over the efforts that can only be decribed as money grubbing - that SOE would drop this idea and leave the Forgiveness Potion in and forget the big overprices REpair button. Certainly in the past when there has been a negative outcry over some idea, the producer/dev team was responsive and did not go through. I guess when you spend all your time on Twitter you no longer stay in touch with the community and could care less about theit opinions.
  2. Avianna Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter, they are gonna do it no matter what the community says and anyone opposing will be silenced. Welcome to SOE! give us your money and shut the _____ up!

That is exactly the reputation they have and it is progressively getting worse and they wonder why they are losing customers like crazy.
  3. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Actually, there's been several things that got negative outcries that went through anyway. Not the least of which was the Marketplace itself. Sometimes they change things, sometimes they send them through as-is, then tweak them later based on the larger feedback of the general community, sometimes they send it live and we learn to live with it.

I do appreciate that they already have addressed two of the protests raised - charging full price for testing, and the button working while in-combat. I'd like to see the folks who were already charged full-price reimbursed, and a price reduction overall. UI modders are probably already editing these buttons either to be less intrusive or entirely gone. But they have at least shown they are listening, even if they don't do everything we want them to.

On the actual testing, had the thought to test glass weapons, so ground a couple dungeons for marks. They do not repair, which is good to see.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Neiloch Well-Known Member

As it is proposed now I don't have a problem with it. the in-combat was a huge red flag but they fixed that's so I am happy.

The buttons size is 'meh.' Yeah its kind of big but:
    -it only shows up at 50% or less. Most players stay on top of that most of the time so it won't even show up most of the time.
    -Modders will nuke/hide/move it which I am sure they are keeping in mind. Trust me, UI mods aren't this far away mysterious thing to the devs. Some even remember mods that aren't even updated or around anymore. So they know full well this is targeting default UI users.

In theory if I let my equipment get broken or anywhere near 50% a lot, use the default UI, and I regularly use the current repair potions this whole thing might make me mad, but I don't and frankly I don't know a single person who does. Maybe these people are much more common than I thought?
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

That usually only happens in a Raid for me, not even Heroic Groups wipe that much anymore.
  6. Dexella Associate Producer

Thanks to those of you who have provided feedback on this specific feature. Your help in testing is very much appreciated.

This has also become a much larger discussion about Station Cash in general, which I'd like to address. The Marketplace is part of our game and part of our business. Being a game that is now free-to-play, we have an opportunity to entice new members to join, as well as bring old players back, to Norrath. New players and returning players benefit everyone -- more people in the cities, more people to group with, more friends to make. All of this is great for the game.

Part of being free-to-play means finding ways of generating revenue so that we can continue to pay the business-side costs (like employing the awesome designers who make the game you love!). While we'd love to do this just for the love of game, the fact is, if we're not making any money, the game will shut down -- and no one wants that!

That's where Station Cash comes in, whether in the Marketplace or through on-demand features like this repair button. We're constantly looking for ways to provide you with items that you find interesting and useful, and that enhance your EQ2 experience. Not everyone will find every specific feature interesting or useful, and if that's the case for you, don't use those features. :)

Your comments and feedback on specific features are appreciated and can be very helpful as we make additions and changes down the road. But in the case where is becomes generic ranting about SC in general, the discussion is no longer productive. Since this thread has gone off-track, we are going to lock it.

Again, thanks to those of you who have provided your comments about the repair function. :)

~Dexella
    Cyliena and Hordolin Awanagin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.