Please help test new repair options

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Windstalker, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I agree. As an old EQ1 player, it saddens me to see what things are like these days. Never in all my years of playing and losing xp did I think, "I wish I could throw more real money at this problem." I logged back into EQ1 yesterday (after 4 years away) and suffered some serious xp loss, but I brushed myself off and kept going. Eventually, I remembered how to play and got back some of my lost xp.
    Belissa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Glassjaw Active Member

I too am tired of SC stuff being thrown in our face. If a person pays the monthly sub there is no reason they should have to see these station cash options during game play. If a player dies 10 times and does't have any means of repairing on them then they can call home and visit the mender. This whole thing seems like a stretch every time they add a new purchasable feature to the marketplace it seems like an outcry for extra income to SoE. Anyway I hope some one makes a UI add on that allows for complete visual blocking of these types of things. Next thing we are going to see are in game adds that pop up on our screens during a pull.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If a player dies 10 times, they should pack it up and try another day with more levels and better gear.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Calthine like this.
  4. Humakt Member

If SoE is going to make money on repairs then those of us with Tinker Repair Bots should give us a 20% commission =P
  5. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

This is the unsettling part of the whole thing. I think they saw people actually using this item so are now trying to find a way to get more for it.

Try using some common sense in marketing instead of trial and errror. WoW sold a potful of mounts for 20 bucks because they were per character instead of per account.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Guiscard like this.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Unfortunately if they see a way to capitalize on money they will. If they think it won't overall harm the game. I agree though, keep these blasted SC buttons OUT OF GOLD MEMBERS UI'S. We pay monthly or we pay by Krono which someone else paid for either way SOE got their sub money. I had 6 friends try EQ2-F2P they all quit not because so much the Gear/Class/Race Resctrictions they had, heck they won't try it again even after the removal.

They left because of the hyper-aggressive "Would you like to go Gold?" window that has no sense of privacy. It is extremely hard for say an RP-heavy player to keep their immersion going when giant windows keep popping up in their face.

If Sony wants to bleed SC out of people for convenience... fine, take that argument to your wallet as a player. Nothing is stopping any of us players from just not using the service. Also Cloudrat I had a good hard laugh about how foolish WoW Players were for dumping so much cash on a sparkly horse. Well, I guess you pay for what you want.
    Neiloch and Xillean like this.
  7. Hirofortis Active Member

I fully expect my mod to have it tucked away in some remote corner. That being said, I think you missed the point. The reason that most don't use it is because it is not needed.

So now we get to see it all the time popping up, slowing things down and costing more for the privilege of having it stuffed in our face. And if you don't think every database call slows things down, you need to think again. We now have one pop up times all the players.

I am actually very disappointed that they would have the gal to raise the price and offer half the service. Been taking lessons from our government?

If they were going to do it right they should prorate it like they do on research items. X amount of SC per 10% armor damage. As it is now, it is just a money grab. Makes me wonder if someone got told we want more money, find a way to get it or loose your job.
    Cloudrat and Guiscard like this.
  8. Lempo Well-Known Member

If we use this repair option in combat can you please make it to where it removes all of the beneficial buffs the mob got from the deaths that dealt that damage to our gear?
    I mean you might as well, you haven't even acknowledged the use in combat, instant repair side of it. Pay SC and circumvent mechanics that have been in the game for some time.

Same cost regardless of the amount of damage repaired? Laziness or Greed? The code is already there to adjust the amount of SC for 'on demand' services with the research reducers, it isn't here though and it also hasn't even been acknowledged.

Of course in all fairness you didn't ask for feedback on it, you just said "come test it" and stated that it was pretty much going live next Tuesday.

This in all honesty is one of the most pathetic pleas I have ever saw. Really, What 'cause' is this for? Did you forget to include some blurb that part of the proceeds would be donated to trauma centers?
  9. Calthine Well-Known Member

Beta currently has no marketplace, and no Station Cash.
  10. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

No mention of doing it may cause loss of MONEY? You asked us to test this and didn't even THINK to either unlock the Marketplace on Beta or make it no-cost on Test?

You know, I get the purpose of these things, I really do. There are reasons I haven't disabled this stuff entirely in my UI. But the testing setup, the cost, and the loss of function compared to the item it's replacing makes this whole thing sick.

The LEAST you can do is compensate the testers for the SC they spent.
    Guiscard and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

I agree with Lorderelhai, if you want this feature tested. You as a company really owe it to us players to not charge us to test your own features. This would be like having your in-house testers pay you for the "privilege" of testing your games.

It really sends a negative message that I am sure SOE does not wish to give their players. Though I did get a laugh at the "loss of character life" I wonder if that was a backwards way of saying that it may have a negative impact regardless. I don't want this in my UI so I will be looking into a way of removing it Client Side as I have no intentions of ever using it.

As I said above, if you can afford the convienence well good for you, I don't want it but am not so stuck up as to say "NO YE SHALL NOT TREAD UPON MY SACRED GROUNDS! NONE SHALT USE THIS HORRID EXCUSE FOR A FLOBZWOGGIN!"

Sorry I just wanted a reason to shout "Flobzwoggin!" :D Though it does make sense here in a sense.
    Tylia, Cyliena, Guiscard and 2 others like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! "Rare appearances"? ME?! X-D

But yeah, I completely agree with everyone in that it truly SUCKS to be asked to PAY to test this; when the Prestige Homes idea was first bandied about, my alts on Test all got FOUR Prestige Homes for FREE. Each. Granted, they were the Dojo (only 200 slots, and very teeny, but at least some of the "furnishings" were there already), the Opera House (like the one in Neriak; 300 slots, if memory serves, and a bit of a dysfunctional "stage" for placing items), the Library (actually pretty cool; quite large, with a ton of built-in bookshelves, but unless your books were no-count ones, there were only like 400 slots available), and the Maj'Dul Vacation Suite (also pretty cool; the same place you access by rubbing the Genie Bottle house item, only with no furniture other than the hanging lantern/balloon things [still want that as a house item, player-crafted! they're very cool and beautiful!], and bigger than the genie suite [I think], but with 500 slots).

By letting us check this out for free, we got the idea of how the system would work, and which ones we didn't want to purchase later, but at least we didn't have to shell out real money, ultimately, for the privilege. I thought it was a very classy way to handle it, unlike what I've been hearing about the insta-repair stuff here. :-/

Uwk
    Guiscard likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno; the last time I bought anything in WoW for real funds was the Pegasus mount that anyone could ride once they hit level 20; once you hit level 60, you had a "free" flying mount, and this was across the board, throughout the account. $25 got it for all 50 character slots...and IMHO, it was stunningly beautiful: energy/matter barded pegasus, but the mount itself was ethereal, like the spirit mounts from the priest faction here, and consisted internally of the actual constellation Pegasus...fun and educational! :)

Since I haven't played for quite some time now (Dec. 2011/Jan. 2012, I think), I don't know what they've done since then that way. It would be depressing if they started charging per character like they do here. :(

Uwk
    Xillean and Guiscard like this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I think the rare appearance referred to Holly.

Anyway, it's not acceptable to have such a button pop in the middle of the screen like that, and it's not discreet, it's huge.
    As said above, when prestige houses were added, a merchant was spawned selling 4 houses for 1 copper piece so we could check the system without racking out real money. We all thought it was a great idea and that it was very kind of you. I'm using my Opera house as a "live event items show", the Maj'dul one is dedicated to eating Gninja and the dojo to hungry ratongas and halflings hehe. So yeah, we loved it, it was kind and practical.
    Now you're asking to test stuff which comes down to gouging the playerbase for more $$ and you don't even give us a mean to buy it for nothing or in-game cash. I always loved the idea of asking players to test stuff with their RL money...
    Lucky me has the good idea of using old .dds image files, so I will likely not have the button showing. Not that I really care, I'm off this game in a week or so.
  15. Lempo Well-Known Member

WOW. Final straw dropped on somewhere?
    I'm sure you'll be missed you've been around and active for quite some time.
    Guiscard and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Overall lack of content and the way things are handled with SC everywhere. House items during Erollisi sure didn't help and that last one tested here is just another drop in the $$$ ocean of SoE. I'm trying to finish a house for a friend and even that is becoming harder to do. My website will be self updating with the tooltips, I'll probably lend a hand to the new editor to do the promised "tradeskill assistant" (probably) useless stuff as it'll happen soon but that's all.
    *hugs Lempo*
    Guiscard likes this.
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

excuse me you pay more for less now not good marketing $oE. that button shoudl go away it is an insult to your customer base.
    Guiscard likes this.
  18. Lempo Well-Known Member

The "In your face" side of the SC bothers me too. I hate the opening screen, I don't mind that they put it there but for subscribers you should be able to have it not pop up, I know how to get the SC shop open when I need.

Maybe they'll do something to draw you back in at some point.
    Happy travels!
  19. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

QFE BFE- All the buttons are hooked up. And they all work. I don't think the placement is intrusive or ove rsized. It just makes things look "different" or "odd". Maybe it's that it makes the various windows look out of balance/cluttered. Maybe that it's a new icon that doesn't really follow the style of every other button in the game.
    For the market section I think it's because it's loading the market, maybe change it to pop an insufficient funds dialog with a market button or a cancel button and only load the market if the user clicks the market button? Definitely would make it faster.
  20. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Ok this is a misunderstanding to me per character means every character old and new gets one and per account means only one is awarded to the whole account :) At least that is the way it seems on my claims in game:)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.