Please help test new repair options

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Windstalker, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Hello once again, travelers,

I thought I'd call out a new system on Test as of today that is our next on-demand service focused on repairing items.

These small interface additions add options to repair all of your damaged equipped items for a flat rate of Station Cash. We have them in two places.

The first place you will see a new on-demand button is in the character sheet, but only if your gear is damaged 50% or more. This button appears as a small icon to the bottom right of where your character's paperdoll is shown (opposite where the Overflow icon is placed).
    [IMG]

Also, on NPCs and objects that provide repair services, you will find a new button to Repair All items for a flat rate of Station Cash.

[IMG]

We decided to offer these Repair options given that we already had a "Forgiveness Potion" on our marketplace that repairs equipped items and removes XP debt, but it is somewhat hidden and not well described. We want to make our current services easier to use if players choose to use them.

That in mind, we expect if these new additions are ready they will go live on Tuesday next week, March 19. At the same time, the Forgiveness Potion will be removed from the marketplace so this is effectively the last week we will sell it. We will be creating a potion for the marketplace that removes XP debt, though.

We encourage players to help us test these new options and appreciate that doing it may cause loss of character life. It's for a good cause!

Holly Longdale
    Producer, EQII
  2. Skwor Active Member

Nice, while the sinister side in me realizes this is a sweet nickle and dime operation meant to bleed cash out of us I still see it as a nice added feature and convenient as well. Good Job and thank you.
  3. Uncle Active Member

so lte me ask about the sinister side type question whill this be avable durning combat while grouped, in raid, or just solo like the potions were???
    Guiscard likes this.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

My feedback:

#1 There is no reason to show the icon before 10% damaged.
    #2 The icon is twice the size it should be.

Otherwise I don't have a problem with it.
    Elostirion, Karrane, Arieste and 3 others like this.
  5. Calthine Well-Known Member

What Feldon said. That's not a "Small icon" on the Character window, it's bigger than an equipment slot.

Otherwise, I'm good with this. It's a service already available on several levels in the game (plat, crafting, Marketplace, etc) and this takes nothing away from the game.
  6. Lempo Well-Known Member

An answer on this would be nice.

Also, you really need to look into making it where your long term customers that subscribe to the game can turn off the display of these features. I personally find them repulsive, just like the SC window that I have to close everytime I log into the game, on 2 accounts.

That said, maybe 'on demand' option for repairs will provide the impetus towards actually getting challenging content put back in, instead of 90% of the encounters being pushovers that are nothing more than a slight deterrent to getting loot. Not going to get the chance at a lot of use from this option otherwise.

It is the "IN YOUR FACE" method of marketing.
    Feara and Gash like this.
  7. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

A step toward setting a fixed dollar to coin value without actually selling in game currency (yet).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Uncle like this.
  8. Uncle Active Member

Nm .. guess this change only hit test

I though teh krono did that
  9. Avianna Well-Known Member

Here is what I read:
    We have this handy item in marketplace that repairs equipment and removes debt. We are removing that item so that we can now charge you separately for the repair and the debt removal oh and yes it will be a annoying in your face icon on your character screen rather than a nice item that you can find conveniently in the marketplace should you need it. Happy Hunting!

I Vote AD-BLOCK for EQ2.
    Tylia, Feara, Gash and 7 others like this.
  10. Uncle Active Member

OK after toying with this.. the charater with icon is spot on size wise.. the place where is see it as distracting is in the repair window imho should just add a thrd butonthat says Reair ALL small SC icon but that my .02
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

No the krono is a 17.99 item that gives gold for 30 days.
    SC gives a currency type in game to purchase from market.
    This would set a ratio of $ to in game currency (base currency). You have an item that's broken, it cost 1 plat 50g to repair it OR 150 station cash. This makes 1 plat = 100 station cash. See where it's going?
    Uncle likes this.
  12. Uncle Active Member

Yup
  13. Guiscard Active Member

I don't like the idea at all. I love the Forgiveness potion. There are tons of ways to repair items in game plus lots of repair kits come with various offers. Getting rid of the XP debt is much more valubale. I foresee a delay between this new gimmick and a new XP debt eraser. WHAT A PITA - why don't you just keep the Forgiveness Portion - it is a GREAT ITEM.
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Lempo Well-Known Member

I see exactly where it is going. Getting some to admit that is another story entirely.
    (not who you replied to per se just generally speaking)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Lordebon Active Member

I agree that the icon is very large and appearing at 50% is a bit early. The nickle and dime method seems to be the way of the future (and frankly saves me a bit of money ;) ) but lets try to keep things in moderation.

I could see an icon that large under 10, maybe 20%. Considering the SC option is more of an emergency thing, it really doesn't need to be quite in your face unless you are broken or in imminent danger of it. I am glad to see you're keeping the SC PON buttons roughly the same (that double up arrow configuration).

One big question I haven't seen asked / answered is: will this PON service be usable instantly in combat? To my knowledge no method exists of instantly repairing in combat (even a mender bot has a cast time and thus requires someone to have cast it), even the patch kits and the potion of forgiveness have some cast time and I see no reason for that to change (else you get the issue of SC offering something standard gameplay does not).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Neiloch like this.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

All well and good for those that want to use them. Where is the 'off' switch for those of us that don't?

First modder that produces a version of the relevant windows without any of the crass money grabbing buttons will probably get my donations.
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

At worst they might make it so you can buy NPC vendor stuff with SC but that hardly seems problematic. Oh no someone bought crafting fuel with SC instead of plat WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?! And they did it while on a terrible vendor sold mount they bought with SC!!

It's like people are against this in principal rather than the practical.

Being usable in combat would be a big mistake on their part. I certainly hope its not possible.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

The cost of repair in coin has no impact on the how much it costs in SC. On a new character I can fully repair from 50% for 27c or 150SC. So no, it does not set a conversion rate.
  19. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

And I haven't had a chance to test it yet because I'm working on something else. But, what if you're at 50% and the money cost is 3 plat 4 gold. Does the SC repair stay at 150 SC?
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I have no way to test it on a higher level character on the test server. But further damage kept the cost the same so I believe it is a flat rate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.