Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

So I got feedback on the Erollisi set and I can agree they were too basic so I've varied the surface and made the grain more noticable. I'm curious what if anything I should put on the back? I don't want to over-detail this but I feel the Devs are finding it a bit... simplistic overall. Despite liking the geo.

Rawl and Neko since I know you two check this more than the PS Forums I'd love some criticism and everyone else I'd like to know what you think of this "darker" version.

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

I like the color of the wood stain. Did they say anything about the image behind the shelves looking too much like a decal? I get that feedback sometimes with decorations I add. It isn't clear what that design is, I'm guessing an abstracted rose? The lines of the shelves break up the image behind the shelves, so I suggest modifying that image to take into account the divisions the shelves make to the inside back panel. I don't think you have to do anything with the back panel, although, if they want more detailing, you could add some plain line trim around the edge which would be easy to add and minimally add detailing there.
  3. Emesh Well-Known Member

Wow! The bridge is perfect. Also I would not mind buying more than one, although the bundle idea would be great too:)
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

The question though that is tough for me with this is "Add more detail" to flat-painted wood is quite troublesome. it's not actually curved like a Pumpkin or other natural shape so adding too much beyond an AO (which I am working on) isn't going to do much. A design painted on the wood also would not have much relief without it also being painted as the difference in surface is less than a millimeter.

The wood stain is going on all pieces as is the darkened grain as it adds much more depth to the pieces as darkens them a little which is more fitting to EQ2's theme it seems. I really hope they don't want the back to be all decorated because of two reasons:

1: It's the back of a bookcase... who paints that?

2: It's actually usable as a simple red-heart if it's plain on the back.

Thanks for the feedback Rawl!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Merriel and Rawl like this.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

The status on this is now "complete"
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

I agree about adding decoration to the back, that's why I suggested border trim.
  7. Ixsiel Member

Would anyone be able to make something like the mask from Phantom of the Opera? I think it would go well with the masks that area already on the player studio. [IMG]
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

It could be an Opera Mask housing item. It could not be "The Phantom of the Opera, Opera Mask" for Copyright reasons.
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

How about Elven silverware??

[IMG]
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

These would be fun. Though I bet the Devs would rather they be done with Alphas due to size. I've had that happen with small objects.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Merriel and Rawl like this.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

go for it! I'm sure you'd do a better job of it than I could. Also, as a house item, they probably wouldn't approve them as single items, but rather all one item as in a place setting.
  12. Rawl Well-Known Member

not only is the name copy righted, but the likeness as well, so if someone was to create something like this, it would have to be substantially different so as not to infringe on the existing copyrights. If it even looks a little bit too much like the copyrighted item, the devs won't approve it so as to avoid potential legal issues.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

This is correct. An Opera Mask is alright but not one that is the likeness of the Phantom of The Opera mask which has unique curves. There is one thing you don't mess with and it's Copyrightes or even worse Trademarked intellectual property.
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Yah. It given their ornate nature perhaps a display box would be better fitting. After Erollisi and Brewday I'll see about these. Holiday items come first.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Jerry, I do like the red on the bridge, but was wondering if you could make it more in line with the red of the Kelethin polished wood building blocks? The red you used seems almost too red to me. I love the bridge though and it's coming along very very nicely.

Estred, the red stain in the wood looks very nice to me and with the wood grain you used, I don't think it looks plain at all. Looks like the book shelf would look really nice with sumac. :)

I do very much like the idea of Elven silverware or even Elven place settings for the table. Currently I mostly use the gold place settings in the marketplace for my tables, and even used them in the Dhalgar Precipice home I decorated for Adelyna during Frostfell, in the Maj'dul house swap. I used them in the banquet hall, so being able to purchase the set in bundles really helped with that project. Would love to have more variety. :)
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Rawl Well-Known Member

The color you see here isn't necessarily what it will look like in game. I'm not certain what color you are referring to from Kelethin polished wood. I'm not familiar with those blocks.
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted the "Sturdy Covered Bridge" to Player Studio:
    (I asked that 2 be included for the price of 600 DBC) If this one is approved, I will submit a middle section using the same texture maps.

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Your polished wood spiral staircase matches the polished wood building blocks. This is one of the items in the building block set: [IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

oh okay, I didn't know that is what that was called :)
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

I submitted Rev 1 of the Royal Outdoor Fireplace, hopefully addressing the revision request suggestions adequately.

[IMG]