Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Love the outdoor fireplace!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Rawl and Merriel like this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

I do hope so, as it's a lovely fireplace. :)
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

*I don't know how to quote . .but for the silverware*

YES. . A box . . .like a silverchest. (not sure how many people actually have "Silverchests" anymore but I have my moms. forks, spoon, knives, soup spoons,. ladles, dessert settings and all the essentials needed for that holiday party!)
    chattie, Merriel, Rawl and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rawl Well-Known Member

I think my Mom had something like that too. My sister probably inherited it or it was given to her by my Mom. How about cedar chests? do people still use those to store blankets and stuff in?
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think they're having a comeback, since folks are concerned about harsh pesticides getting into/onto their clothes, and I think the original mothball formula has been disavowed. Cedar wood itself might be getting pricey in this day and age, but it wouldn't be back then, or probably not in a fantasy world where druids could probably regrow a forest in record time in their off-hours. ;->

Uwk
    Merriel and Rawl like this.
  6. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

So i guess some people were interested in something like this...i like the idea as well..lemme see what i can do

[IMG]
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ok, my mom had a silverware set something like this image except hers was in a box that was deeper and had two layers, one layer having serving ware as well, to match the set. The lid was engraved, as obviously, sets like these would have been used by the wealthy class of people back in the day and had to be elegant enough to satisfy their desires. :D

[IMG]

I think though, if you're going to do an elven set, it will need to be done in such a way as to match the decor of that particular race. This one in the image makes me think High Keep.

Shadow, that looks like an awesome project! Also, Vasciagio and I were playing around with one of the conservatories last night (the stone one), and I do have a bit of feedback on that set for you. I know it's too late to change that existing set but for future reference on future projects.

The tables blend in too much with the floor and if it wasn't for that thin blue strip along the bottom side of the table edge showing through, you wouldn't even be able to tell the table is there. Flipping the table over, however, and having the stone edge along the bottom of the blue 'top', the table looks fantasic...but of course, then you have no legs at the bottom and the legs sticking straight up off the 'top'. Alternatively, Vas dropped a blue marble stair over the top, and that looked great too. I think maybe the solid blue part of the table should have been made as the table top, instead of the stone...or more defining lines of the solid blue to make the table stand out more. Still, I love the tables as they are and see so much potential for them as stand alone items.

The hanging flower pots...we were trying to decide which plants would look best in them, and decided the new whitish colored plants from Thalumbra would go well...except again, the color of the pots and the plants would blend in too much with the decor along the upper edge of the conservatory. We were thinking if the cream color decor had been the same color as the stone flooring, the pots and plants would show up absolutely wonderfully, and not fade into the decor of the structure itself.

Now this last one, I'm thinking possibly was an error in judgement on the size of the actual structure, as I'm sure in your submitted project things probably lined up perfectly, but one end of the conservatory (the end without the doorway), the tile is not lining up to the pattern of the tile in the center section and it looks odd. Looking at the diamond shape on the end where we put the door...the center section, the rough cut diamond pattern is cut in half, but on the end where we put the piece without the door, the center section, the diamond pattern is complete and needs to match the end where we put the door. So if they would cut the row so that half the diamond shape is cut off from the center structure, on the end that's not matching up, both ends should line up with it perfectly. Hope this makes sense to you, and am wondering if this is not something the devs can fix on their end? We tried flipping the center section around and lining it up again, but it looked even worse when we did that, as it didn't quite line up at both ends of the structure then. Alternatively, one would need to find something...a stair, a rail, or whatever, to hide that section of the floor if they don't want people to notice it is not lining up properly.

All in all, however, it is such a lovely set and every piece has so much potential, we both had fun playing around with it and brainstorming ideas. I would love if we could get the hanging planters, just the bucket part as a ground planter, and rectangular window boxes to match as well. :)
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

I just submitted "I love my pet, Pet Bed" to Player Studio:

[IMG]
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

Good one with the pet bed - Byton will love it! (He's my faithful pusscat companion). Also, is it a pain to do small but essential things like door knobs and knockers and handles because I'm sick of using steins and bottles for these things! It'd be lovely to have some custom made items like that. Also, the component parts of a tea set, pot, milk jug etc. Having said that Shadowplay, omg that little chapel place is gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you do with it!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Rawl and Merriel like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought it was some sort of church building; usually, you don't see that huge a window in a regular house, especially not in a place that looks like a temperate zone (i.e., cold winters, lots of glass for the heat to pass right through [unless it's like double-paned, or something]). :-/

Would be gorgeous, though! Heaven knows (heh!) we have a lot of stained glass... :)

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Ooh just noticed a long-lost relative?
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Rivenly Well-Known Member

Any chance of getting wall dividers to match the villas? Preferably sold in sets? Pretty please!!!!!!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, dunno about the Powers That Be; they're usually a little weird about having "just" building blocks on the Marketplace (unless they do them themselves, I guess, and then they never get around to it...), so enterprising PS artists have to call them "Walls" or something and maybe put frames on them. :-/

Uwk
    Merriel and Rawl like this.
  14. Rawl Well-Known Member

We can make "walls" as evidenced by the Castle walls now on the marketplace, they just have to be more than just a simple box with texture on it, like the building block walls are.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yes and the walls are fantastic too!

It was nice to see them actually implement new and wonderfully designed building blocks with the Thalumbra expac, although I think it was poor planning on their part to make the recipe part of the CE part of the expac. Still, I absolutely love the new building blocks, and hope they will start implementing more decorative building block sets in the future.

In fact, I think the devs have been doing a better job lately of giving us things we really want to see in game (triangles and windows, oh my!), and hope they continue this trend. Between what we get from PlayerStudio artists and what they've been giving us in game, we have so much more variety to work with now and it's fabulous! There is still so very much potential out there for new and different and unique items, and I just keep watching for all the new items the PlayerStudio artists are throwing our way. :)

Noticed your dark and light coaches were added to the marketplace, Jerry. Congratulations! They truly are fabulous. :)
  16. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Merriel. I am glad your Coaches were added to the marketplace. I think they are wonderful and will fit into the world of Norrath with no problems. I haven't bought them yet. Unfortunately, I am going to have to restock the DBC. I have bought a lot of Player studio stuff lately for future projects and am getting to far below my happy threshold. I will probably be able to get some more by the end of the Month or sooner if a sale pops up hehe. I do intend on grabbing at least one of the coaches; more than likely both. I know the light coach would look good in a Qeynos setting for a house I am working on now. I will also be needing some more Halfling items from ya, since Merriel inspired me to go back to gathering ideas and planning stage of my Halfling village. However, I must not get distracted from the huge project at hand: My linked Everfrost homes. I only have 3 more to build to finish the set of 13.

Vasciagio Bladesong
    Maj'dul
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Merriel and Rawl like this.
  17. Rivenly Well-Known Member

I am absolutely ok with them being framed out. As much as I would love some of the solid colored blue tiles to match, I would be happy with just some wall segments :)
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For any folks new to the forums: to do the quote stuff, just hit "Reply" to the post you want to quote from. ;->

If you don't want the rest of it, when you're doing a post, look at where it says [q.u.o.t.e=blah blah blah etc.] (without the periods; it's the only way I can just simply type the stupid thing in); at the end of the quote should be a thing that says "[/q.u.o.t.e]". Anything between those will get "quoted" (will go into the brown background, the italics won't show up since the whole thing is now italicized, etc.), and you can eliminate any images, etc. you want from the quote. ;->

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is what I've been working on today...

[IMG]
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

Also, you of course have to be long in to enable the reply function. If you don't see that option, then you aren't logged in to the forums :)
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.