Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. chattie Well-Known Member

OMG! I'm speechless! I LOVE that fireplace another must have for me along with those fences, so glad to see some added, everyone is right we DO NOT have enough options for fencing *dances with delight* I can't wait for those to be approved cause I know they will, adding to my DB cash stash is a must I see;)
    Merriel, Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Chattie! You're our 4200th reply (this being 4201, I guess)! What're you gonna do now? :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

I understand, Jerry and I don't blame you. As I said, we can always add black marble rails to make it a grill top if we want. :)
    Rawl and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Haha I see what you did there, Uwk. 4200th reply, hehe.

Congratulations, chattie! You win an all expense paid trip to Thalumbra...errr, wait a minute...only if you have already paid for the current CE (so you can use the portal device that came with it). :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. chattie Well-Known Member

Keep dancing? :p

Hmm, I make that trip daily...so I'm hoping there's a scenic route in that prize :)
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

Just submitted this Royal Outdoor Fireplace to Player Studio

[IMG]
    Sigrdrifa, Febrith, Quiarrah and 7 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very nice! :)

Hmm...you might be able to "grill" standing off to one side or on the other side completely; would have to keep peeking 'round the corner at the coals, though. ;->

Uwk
    chattie, Rawl and Merriel like this.
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

I got a request to make something like this from one of the group members of my Player Studio Stuff Facebook page. This is similar to a picture she provided, but different. It is scaled to be 10 ft. wide, 9 ft. deep, and 10.625 ft. tall. It will be made out of aluminum foil! hehe, okay! okay! it won't be made out of aluminum foil ;)

[IMG]
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well if you did, at least it would be shiny then... ;)

Uwk
    Rawl and Merriel like this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

I scream, you scream, we all scream for shinies :D

That is a very lovely...umm...arbor? I can't think of a better name for it than that, as it would be a lovely item to have grape vines or trailing vines of flowers growing around in a garden setting. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  11. Rawl Well-Known Member

Getting ready to submit this "Green Gardens Archway" to Player Studio

[IMG]
  12. Emesh Well-Known Member

That archway is very nice, I hope it makes it in. That outdoor fireplace would look so good in the backyard of my Qeynos house :D

Ever thought of making a rustic looking covered bridge?
    Merriel, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  13. Rawl Well-Known Member

It is possible. knowing how long to make it could be problematic though. I'll look at the one in antonica and see if I can use it as a reference to build one.
  14. Emesh Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the very one I was thinking of.:)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I envision it going well with your Dragonscale Roof, Rawl! :)

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  16. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is what I am working on.

I made this so you could buy 2 (or more) and butt them up against each other to make the bridge as long as you want. only problem you might encounter is if you only want to buy one, you basically get half the bridge. (The second half would be buying 2 than rotating the 2nd one 180 degrees to complete the entrance and exit of the bridge.)

I looked at the covered bridge in Anotnica to get an idea of scale. I also used reference measurements I found on the web to scale this bridge. The Antonica bridge has huge beams for rafters and cross members for the roof, which really isn't necessary since the roof isn't that heavy and so having such large beams is overkill. So, I made my version more practical in structure. I built it on I beams with foot thick floor boards. the overall size is as follows: 21.458 ft. wide, 20.373 ft. tall & 22 ft. long. The space between the floor and the ceiling cross beams is 12.5 ft. which is just a little lower than a real bridge might have, (actually some bridges have clearance of only 8 ft.)

I may sag the roof a bit but other than that. I think this is substantially the shape appearance it will be.

[IMG]
  17. Rawl Well-Known Member

Instead of having the floor uneven, I decided to use the tri count to add shape to the shingles. I also lengthened the I beams so the extend the same distance as the tapered end of the wood floor. I also lowered the wood siding towards the ceiling so it looks more substantial.

[IMG]
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Can you ask that they sell these individually, and bundled in a set of two for a slight discount over the single price? That way, for those with OCD, they get the full bridge in one purchase? It is a very nice bridge and I can think of one home in which it would work very nicely to bridge a gap. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rawl like this.
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

yes, I will suggest a bundle of 2 and single sold separately as well. Actually, I am making a center section which will be sold separately as an add on item. I plan to have them include 2 of the one pictured for one price.
  20. Rawl Well-Known Member

Here is the direction I'm going with this. not done just thought I'd get your comments, if you have any.
    [IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.