Planes of Prophecy Expansion Stream - Tues, Oct 17 at 10AM PT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tildaron/Yojiimbo Member

Will we see a change in AA's and will they be more useful again?
    as example - as a brig i can give a whole 300 ab mod to the group and 9.8% potency, doesnt do ya a whole lot when you're rocking 43k potency
  2. Sharann Well-Known Member

Heya Devs!

Loads of very good comments on this thread already :)

My questions:
    • Stat consolidation of some sort. Over the years stats have been added, and added and added again and it's so confusing now; and even more so for new players. Will it be easier?
    • Gap between dungeon zones. I found a huge gap between solo/adv solo and heroic in this expansion. Perhaps the gap was too small between solo and adv solo but gear-wise there wasn't much difference between those 2 difficulty levels.
    • Will you advertise your game? It is still so awesome but we barely hear about it.
    • We are severe altoholics. Will we get some love?
    • Less grind please, or make grind fun and meaningful. I don't want to feel at work.
    • Crafters had loads of love in this expansion. But as mentioned already, tinkering has been a bit forgotten.
    • Any solution for Thurgadin server being in another location?. It's very unstable, and when switching from EU to US & vice-versa we get to download 2 Gig of stuff (why?), not to mention that EU is missing data files as well (voice over and a few DLC zones). So when playing both on Thurgadin and Fallen Gate for instance it's so time-consuming to switch from one to the other. This also discourages people from visiting published homes on both sides.
    • Will players be able to move from one zone copy to the other without having to group? Those PQs were a pain and chat was only filled with "please inv for PQ". If I remember correctly, in Great Divide there were portals allowing you to go from one copy to the other on your own.
    • Could we get glass tiles oh please please! (decorator speaking here). Been waiting for those for 7 years :cool: Just take a vampiric mirror and remove the frame. That'll do the trick!
    Cheers!
    Shar
  3. Vorvon Member

I am serious. I don't know any necros who use Lifeburn, and it hasn't been on my hotbar for at least the past 2 expansions. Further, my suggestion to fix it reflects the fact that elemental blast (conjy AA spell) and celestial strike (conjy epic pet spell) are so OP compared with necro abilities that the disparity should be addressed.
  4. Wreakinn Member

Is my sarcasm meter broken? Just code in two defining conj abilities to fix your broken ability? The other guy was right, you are smoking something.
  5. Wimble Active Member

Question for PoP stream: Will you provide a comprehensive explanation of the class rebalancing. Will you clarify expected/intended DPS "tiers" per class following the rebalance, Specificaly, if it is intended for summoners (in particular) to be dominating most raid parses.
    Redlight and Earar like this.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

i hope yeah .. that things about class balance will be explained .. if not on strem .. at least on a note .. with clear explanations. Not necessarily all details about all classes but biggest changes, what were your goals with different classes and the balance.

so we know where you stand now with different classes and their roles.

thanks
  7. Imilla Member

Give crafters/tinkers the Indiscriminate Traveller's Wedding Ring that lets make/break/rekindle HB
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Will this expansion launching mean TLE players will also have fixes done to their server?
    Snikkety likes this.
  9. Nelie Well-Known Member

A few wonders of my own that I don't think have been asked yet (at least not in this thread):

1) Will there be new PQs introduced in the expansion?

2) Will the stat of Fervor be added onto other weapons such as secondary/ranged weapons? Possibly charms too?

3) Will we see more items with more overcap Crit Bonus?
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  10. Raenius Well-Known Member

- Will you give achievements a more worthwhile purpose?
    (introduce a NPC merchant which will sell stuff to you, if you have obtained certain achievements and/or a certain value of points)

- PvP achievements are unobtainable due to no pvp being offered in the game: so will you introduce a way you can actually obtain/grind them again (e.g. revamp old arena, where we can setup a ruleset/map plus putting in pvp questgivers + merchants)?

- Also: TLE-achievements aren`t obtainable on regular servers but are still shown if you inspect a player.
    Since it is a false indicator in relation to what you have truly achieved, can you make those go away in the UI/tooltips/windows?
    I believe Jamiss told me a few months ago he can`t do that - but since the game didn`t show pvp-achievements on regular servers as long as PVP-servers existed there is definitely a way.
    It is just not right if you do everything what you can do and you only have completed like 75% since you can`t obtain the rest.

- Achievements for guild/guild halls are broken since day one - progress bars on those are always at zero (if you inspect a player). These also diminish the portion of achievements you have obtained in relation to all available ones.
    Are you either going to fix this OR make them go away?

- Recruit rewards program achievements aren`t obtainable since there is no reward program.
    Will you re-introduce something like that so you can obtain them again?

- Almost everyone hates PGs but there are quite a few achievements for them.
    Will you revamp all PG groupzones to solo ones so you can at least grind those for achievements?
  11. semisus Does not play this game

Will fragments of planar energy have a use other than making epic spells?
    I thought they where going to have use for new stuff but was then made heirloom?
  12. Carynn Well-Known Member

Is the new expansion the same size as DoV or is it ToT/KA-sized? Please make the direct comparison.

Will veteran bonuses remain active at level 100 for those who do not buy/cannot afford to buy the new expac?

Will the research assistants be useful again at high levels?

Will we be able to progress from level 100-110 through quests smoothly instead of having to grind? Example: pre-xp-nerf, one could go from level 96.5-100 doing the AoM quests. Post-nerf, one can only go from level 96.5-98, forcing a grind for the last two levels to reach 100.

In relation to the last, will you un-nerf the under level 100 content again so new folks and alts can obtain level 100 via quests and not be forced to do one quest on repeat or stand in one zone on repeat?
  13. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Who's taking on housing/crafting with Domino gone? We aren't being thrown to the wolves like when furniture recipes via Yelnar were only available if you got to the end of the raid zone twice to talk to the NPC, are we? Being forced to raid (or being forced into any play style you've tried and hated) is not even remotely fun. (I felt the same way for people who had to craft up to lvl 100. I have 27 or so lvl 100 crafters on my account, and I still felt bad for the non-crafters being forced to do that much crafting. Trying to force players to do what they don't want to do vs leaving trails of candy and toys to follow. One will lose players, the other will get them talking about how fun the game is and convince friends to join; also known as job stability... or lead to a van that has free candy. >.> Don't follow that third option folks...it's a trap.)

When will there be cross server travel as a perk for subscribing? Some of the back-end work was done before some vocal players got impatient for another server merge and the project got dropped, IIRC? I know people who quit over name's being lost in those. That could have been avoided if cross server travel was used instead of mergers from the beginning.

Yes please! It's so frustrating to have these cool looking house items in my bags, and all I can do is vendor or destroy them because every guild in the game has them and I can't even give them away. :confused: (Not to mention my brain keeps running off with thought of how to decorate any specific house incorporating the trophies in mt bag before I can slap the thought away with a "can't do that. :()

They used to have a way for us to advertise for them (Recruit rewards) but the program got closed for some reason. I loved it. It was difficult to get any one to join though. :\ People want graphics so realistic it's like playing a movie. MMOGs in general have been losing steam for years. IMHO, we need holodecks/virtual reality to revive interest in quest-style games. ^_~ (Not to mention, if I need to actually swing a sword or run in an occulous rift or something, it would be marketable as a new method of healthy exercise and all the health nuts would jump in, parents would be pushing their kids to play, people like me who despise how boring exercise for the sake of exercise is would be unstoppable... Why is this not being done mainstream? XD Pokemon go just wasn't good enough. EQ2 would be PERFECT for this! ... Althoguh... would I have to flap my arms or run to operate a flying mount? o.0)

Holey CRAP yes please on the instance changes!!! It's so frustrating to have to get an invite to get another instance of a zone!

You know what I'd like to see as windows is the panes of glass from the display cases/ Just one pane of glass with the narrow frame. \aITEM -1318573909 -487826037:a small display case\/a
    [IMG]I've been asking them for years, but I kinda gave up. :\

Veteran bonuses from having max lvl toons stop when the lvl cap is raised until toons reach the new lvl cap. The level cap is going up to 110 for the game, so I'm assuming the bonus would be from lvl 110 weather or not you support the game by buying the expansion.

The research assistants are fairly useful, or at least, the potions to speed up crafting are. They aren't level specific and they are amazing to have when you are in a hurry. It would be nice if the harvestables were the same tier as the crafter level though.

Yah, I'm baffled as to why they decreased the EXP in old expansions... it's like they don't want people to have alts or people to group with as quickly as possible. I guess someone who wanted old content to have groups got a hold of someone and they decided to slow it down so people would group in old content? My best guess any way. IMHO, a better way to do that would be to add something in every zone that people will want. Maybe make the achievement points actually do something, but you have to be grouped and of appropriate level (via mentoring or chrono mage) to get the points? Something fun but not game breaking. Too much pressure to get some godlike item makes people grumpy... like Black Friday and the general Christmas shopping season.. it's supposed to be happy/fun but it turns into a nightmare.
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Fireborn New Member

1) Class rebalance, is that going to entail:
    -AA modifications, ie; AA tree cap increase/removal?
    -Make each class unique again (certain classes do certain things)?
    -Make different stats benefits different classes?
    -Remove/add stat caps or increase the cap limit?
    -Sharann mention a stat consolidation. Is that possible?
    2) Can we get agnostic overland? (There can be challenge by having the mob sense the players level: higher the players level=more mobs)
    3) Have older zones auto scale to players levels, they are fun zones to run but loses the challenge.
    4) Currency exchange system, to be able to turn old useless coins into something of value?
    5) Increase the amount of unspent deity points
    6) Upgrade red/older adornments? or be able to obtain/create item to change color of adornments and/or the adornment slots? or even add extra adornment slots on the gear.

Extended questions from others.*

*Will we see a change in AA's and will they be more useful again? --Tildaron/Yojiimbo
    I'm hoping that they increase/remove the AA cap per tree, they can keep the spending requirements. But seeing AA changes would be nice providing that they are useful. Just don't tell me that they are adding a new AA tree

*Will there be new PQs introduced in the expansion? --Nelie
    If they add any more PQs, it would be nice if it was on an actual timer similar to the ones in Great Divide.

*Will you give achievements a more worthwhile purpose? (introduce a NPC merchant which will sell stuff to you, if you have obtained certain achievements and/or a certain value of points) --Raenius
    Having a NPC in the home town that sells or even upgrades items for random/certain achievements points would be cool to have and it would benefit the players who actually do quest, zones and raids (sorry lvl 100 boosted players)

*Speaking of guild halls, I'd love to have just a flat plot of land to build a guild hall on --Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt
    A custom guild hall is what we need. Having a prebuild hall that we decorate is alright but it doesn't fit all the guilds. Having a plot of land and letting us build our own guild hall would bring guild members closer together and it would fit the guilds' needs
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  15. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Any chance of updating the game UI so people don't have to download a 3rd party UI just to price items above 1,010,099plat, 99g, 99s,99c?
  16. Wormy New Member

Would like to see a gear tab for crafting / harvesting gear so you don’t have to swap back and forth
  17. Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt Active Member

This would be my dream addition! I've sent /feedback for that several times over the years.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

Will there be contested zones? that is one thing that was missing from KA.
  19. Gnaff Active Member

Ok .... How about now ? :D
  20. Gnaff Active Member

One other question, Would it be possible to ever get a item on the DBG store that would allow a character to change adventure classes for instance from a Scout to a mage,warrior, or healer ?
    Griffon Lady likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.