Percussion Fix in next update

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Irolas, Jan 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Lockeye Guest

I have already made changes for GU32's first test update that address 2, and 4 (Troubadors included). 3 is more complicated and is still in the planning stages but the plan is to also include it as part of GU32.
  2. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

That's a step in the right direction. Thanks!
  3. ARCHIVED-Kyrsten Guest

OMG, I think I love you!
  4. ARCHIVED-Nerfed_bat Guest

woot .. thanks for the update Lockeye

I was losing faith for my Dirge ... It is getting more and more depressing everyday to have my dirge get ganked on pvp and can't do anything about it because I can't even compete in a fight solo like when I used to be at lvl 45 where I could have an even chance at wining a fight solo...

but hopefully with the Dirge / bard fix... it would helps alot... if not at least the run speed to be the fastest vs all classes (like pre-expansion releases) ... this way at least I can out run and get away...

it is really sad to see that my dirge get run over by a truck with a fury on board or a ranger ...

Thanks again... for the silver lining ...
  5. ARCHIVED-naMessiah Guest

Omg, both DPS and runspeed!? Sounds to good to be true. :smileyvery-happy:
  6. ARCHIVED-TalanRM Guest

Cheers Lockeye! Thanks for the post keeping us updated too.
  7. ARCHIVED-JadzeaDax Guest

*rubs eyes*
    Santa? Is that you? May I offer you some chocolate chip cookies? :smileytongue:
    Yay!!!!!
    - edited cause apparently i forgot how to spell chocolate.
    Message Edited by JadzeaDax on 01-25-2007 02:31 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Cyanbane Guest

9. ARCHIVED-VericSauvari Guest

what LU are we currently on..30?
  10. ARCHIVED-Irolas Guest

Next GU is 31.. so GU32 is the one after this one :D Wonder how long that'll take but at least its something! :D
  11. ARCHIVED-Reptilianboy Guest

What about troubs? or is there jsut a planned fixed for run speed?
    what about other problems like Requiem of reflection? Charm lasting 8 seconds? what about our dps? what about our debuffs that are weaker than all other classes, our buffs which are only as good as other classes? what are we good for except decreasing agro???
    and pvp.. someone who has highish mental resists is immune to a troub, because everyone of our spells is mental based (not just dmg spells).. then there is the fact that fighters have an earing from eof which is very easy to get, that increases mental mitigation by 9.5k , 25% chance when they receive mental dmg????? stifle landing like 1/3 of the time? Charm interupted from any attack? takes to long to cast? come on, where is this fix that we have all been waiting for?
    Acolos - 70 Troub - Darathar
  12. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Resists are being addressed globally... this may impact pvp too, though I suggest you direct your questions to Aeralik for that.
    I suspect when he put "(troubs included)", he was referring to both subclasses. I might be wrong, but the whole thing spiralled out due to the whole discussion on our D'Morte debuff and how troubs are stuck with an AA line for a song that's broken. So I trust you are being looked at as well, and I suspect it will be GU32 test notes before you know exactly how it's gonna happen. And I bet those specifics won't be found here.
    Message Edited by Godstalk on 01-25-2007 01:40 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-TalanRM Guest

Rep - Lockeye's post stated Torubs were being looked at as well as Dirge's in terms of runspeed and DPS. It also indicated that sclaing of spells for both types of bards was being looked into, but that this was more difficult to fix. Good news for both classes all round. I would guess that other bard problems are also being 'evaluated', but whether changes occur maybe an unknown, game designers often comment that the abilities of utility classes are the hardest to balance.
    Although our lack of DPS isnt my main concern either, I'm delighted at the positive news posted before the release of VG that good things are likely to be happening to address bard issues.
  14. ARCHIVED-BloodyDragon Guest

Giggity, giggity, giggity....... Allllllllll riiiiiiiight! :smileyhappy:
  15. ARCHIVED-Ellrin Guest

/em happier than a pig in poop
  16. ARCHIVED-Morganna Guest

Good news. A lot can change, positive or negative in the next 2 months (it seems to be 1-1.5 months in between GU's and we have not received 31 yet) before GU32 is released.
  17. ARCHIVED-Triag Guest

bless you !!
    thank you for working on the bard issues while still on EoF content

kudos to you and the others :smileywink:
  18. ARCHIVED-Teilan Guest

Looks like LU#32 could be the best update ever for us. If they just tossed in some int to our EOF fabled gear that would dance. I'm talking Broadway musical dance here. But even so dont tell Whysp, not sure if her heart could take the love the dev's are dishing lol.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Get out of the wrong side of the bed? We get a dev post with great news and the first thing you want to do is crap all over it? For pvp issues, I would suggest taking it to a pvp forum. That eliminates 75% of your post right there. Charm duration for troubs is intended to be short. That's part of class balance. He already stated that dps is being looked at. Your complaint about debuffs and buffs is too vague to be answered. List your specific concerns if you want to discuss them.
  20. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

/looks around nervously for rains of frogs and stuff
    /swoons
    Whysp