Percussion Fix in next update

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Irolas, Jan 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Hazeroth Guest

I image that the best way to fix both the Troubs (pvp) problem and maybe even help the Dirges with their maintained group debuffs would be to turn anything currently tagged at mental into a "prismatic" class spell.

In EQ1 a prismatic spell would use the characters worst resists type as the basis for resists rates and such (if I remember correctly, haven't played EQ1 since EQ2 came out and I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday). This would make bards alittle more unique as well since when fighting a bard it's your worst resist type that you need to worry about.

Ballancing this maybe a problem as well as implimentation but it would be a good start on helping troubs and dirges with their resist rates.

The damage that the class would do will still be based off the original damage type but the resists would become less of an issue. (Or have the damage based off the lowest resists type if they'ld let us)

Have a limiter on what resists the spell will look for instead of all the spell types. Like Have Troubs check against Magic/Mental/Holy, and Dirges check against Magic/Disease/Poison.

It's important to remember Reptile, that Troubs aren't the only bard class that uses mental resists. Dirges use mental for their group debuffs just like troubs and we don't get the benefit of having the unresistable mental resist debuff.

That's just my 2 cents.

As for percentage based debuffs and scaling.

Remember when the EQ2 first came out the dirge bow attack was slighty different every tier it when up. On each upgrade they added an extra effect. Instead of tooling the current scaling they should add extra effect to off set the major deminishing returns to power usage that is plaguing bards right now.

Like Daro's lvl 30 will have just the snare and slow.
    Lvl 44 Daro's will have Snare, Slow and Lowers Combat Art Damge by 4%.
    Lvl 58 Daro's will have snare, Slow, lower CA damage by 5% and increase reuse timers by 10%.

Something like that, this way the developers wont have to worry about makeing the the lvl 58 Daro's like a 50% slow or something equally absurd.
  2. ARCHIVED-Koibito Guest

All of a sudden life as a dirge seems a little brighter. Thank you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

FYI our mental debuff/snare is not un-resistable. It gets resisted all the time.

I liked the prismatic idea, and Whyspyrr what was highlighting of the blanket statements thing about?
  4. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

I was pointing out the blanket statement that blanket statements are the cause of much of the grief in the world. I was going along with what I thought was an intentional joke instead of an unconscious one.
    Whysp
  5. ARCHIVED-Irolas Guest

Making blanket statements about blanket statements ftw! :p And I said most, not all.. probably just the appearance of a few people posting "[I cannot control my vocabulary] we pwnd teh dirge" threads lately is all that I was thinking of, sorry to offend :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Spider Guest

yall are just silly :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

Not offended, and Whysp... i thought it was kind of ironic, but i didnt think anyone would notice :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

It's the dirge boards, dear, not the troubadour boards. We notice.
    Irony R Us.
    Whysp
  9. ARCHIVED-Spider Guest

hey now i resemble that remark ...errr ummmmmm

n/m
  10. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

I hope your right Sor, I really do.

until I see the changes I am afraid that they will up our dps. and forget about/lower our utility
  11. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

I'm more interested if they actually fixed this then the PvP vs. PvE squabble.

Has anyone had the chance to test this out?
  12. ARCHIVED-SourChikn Guest

What GU we upon? cuz pretty sure this changes we promised for this one... so when GU 32 comes along you gunna fix more.. or we just gunna get one thing fixed, and say everything else is planned for GU 33. lol bards are the jewish sons of SoE, its like Hanukkah, we only get one present at a time.
    List should be like this..
    1.Buff/Debuff fix.. Includes scaling/conc slot removal for single target buffs/percussion of stone fix
    2. DPS Increase
    3. Runspeed
    and thats all we got.... would like to see an offensive side to our self buff too... maybe lower the proc and add +pierce/slash/ranged/disrupt/ordination by anywhere from 10-30.
  13. ARCHIVED-Martrae Guest

Next update (tomorrow???) is GU31.

GU32 will probably be in about 4-6 weeks.
  14. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

Well good golly Mr Locky. That's some good news! If you could add to that list "Self only Buff - no concentration slot" I'd have your baby! Well maybe not since I'm a Male Ratonga but I'd mail order you a nice bride who would have your baby! :smileywink:
  15. ARCHIVED-Slotor Guest

So are bards in VG fun?
    And we all know this is the dirge forums, but you will find us trouby's over here as well due to the popularity your class holds with the devs. Maybe we need to post our problems here to get them to notice.

Slotor Dembeats
    70 Troub Evergrobb
  16. ARCHIVED-Anvilhead Guest

Popularity our class holds with the devs?

:smileysurprised:
  17. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

baha... HAHA... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

<inhale>

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA...

<cough>
  18. ARCHIVED-Slotor Guest

Well they did post in your forums. That, imo, counts as being more popular with them then troubs are... imo!
  19. ARCHIVED-Chefren Guest

Count the amount of post in the two bard forums over the past year or so (the fingers from one hand should suffice) and I bet it's pretty close..
  20. ARCHIVED-Tomanak Guest

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but while raiding this weekend, when PoS procced I still did the kick animation but did NOT get locked into combat :) and so I lived through a bad pull ;)
    Pehaps they fixed it breaking Invis by not locking the dirge in combat when it procs...if so woot :p
    Message Edited by Tomanak on 02-05-2007 07:44 AM