Parsing the Duel Wield changes on test

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Bunion, Aug 21, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

This has made for a very interesting read. Thanks to everyone that's added something. But has the jury come back with a verdict yet?
    I've seen a slight improvement in my DW damage....and it's not something I can say with absolute authority comes from DW changes with GU38. I don't yet have a decent one hander to play with, so I'm saving my 3 remaining respecs until I do.
    There's a thread in the Ranger forum, where I'm seeing claims of DPS increases of up to 600. I think I would have noticed a jump of that magnitude. I did'nt. Has anyone seen increases like this? Or anything close?

Is 1hr still the way to go? Str/Wis, or Agi/Wis?
  2. ARCHIVED-Bramwell Guest

Looks like if you are tempted to go Dual Wield you might want to hold off or maybe switch to dual wield for awhile. This is what a dev in that ranger thread had to say.

Aeralik wrote:
    So, if you have the right weapons...enjoy it for awhile I guess :)
  3. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Bramwell@Guk wrote:
    Case closed! I'll continue my search for the perfect one-hander, and respec str/wis when I finally get my grubby little hands on it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Arkarius Guest

So basically the ******* couldn't keep their mouths shut, eh?
  5. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

I actually was not aware of this "bug" (for lack of a more accurate word, I guess?), or unintended bonus..Whatever it'll be called. Which is why I was sticking by what I said about onehanding still being better.
    My testing was never done in groups with proc mods.

Anyway...Once the "Fix" is in, I'll be right :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Bramwell@Guk wrote:
    I wasn't aware of that. Well, I guess I'm glad that I haven't respec'd to dual-wield then.