Parsed fights.

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Nalini, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

I searched the forums the best I could and I simply cant find any solid info from many people parsing raid content. Found this one here tho, http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/....id=6&message.id=17495&query.id=272114#M17495
    , no idea how geared up and what not the people there are but it does look pretty similar to things Ive seen while raiding. If you happen to stumble across any legit parsed fights of raid content be sure to post them, Id like to see some of these claims. No reason to go and start tricking out groups for that almighty parse, just a simple set of parses so I can get some ideas is cool. Ill be the first to admit we get blown away at times in the damage field, never really claimed any worries about that, im just not on the bandwagon of people who think our DPS is horribly low.
  2. ARCHIVED-MiscreantPyro Guest

I just think fighter DPS is horribly high.
  3. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

And it's apparently on the chopping block, too.
  4. ARCHIVED-MiscreantPyro Guest

Oh my DPS from parsing the Behemoth fight last night were.
    1st wave: 202dps
    2nd wave: 214dps
    3rd wave: 237dps
    I've seen other dirges come in at sub 150dps there.
  5. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Don't know if its just that the German DPS-Parser works differnt then yours, but if i solo i have around 100-130dps, also our Palas an Guardians are around 120, however i still use PGT and SBD, i tried a "cheap" imbued Weapon but it nearly never proced maybe 4-5 times after killing 20-30 Solo-Mobs so i'm not realy shure if i should spend my Ebon for an Imbuded eben weapon :(
  6. ARCHIVED-MiscreantPyro Guest

When I solo I average 180 -200 dps against solo mobs. And thats over about 500 fights. Some of that is based on my gear as I'm heavily raid equipped. But a dirge without such equipment should be able to hit 170 dps easily. There are some tricks to it not all dirges understand or will listen to. Don't use any 3 seconds cast spells if mobs are within hitting distance ludas, cry, wail of woe, wail of banshee, Lanet's is ok though if you are timing its hit with our mental debuff. Otherwise its pull with Jael's hit ludas as mobs runs to you, then only use melee arts.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

If any slower weps would drop, I would be pumping better DPS =/

I haven't seen a decent one drop since I been on Grobb, sigh oh well.

The key to DPS is just what he said, less long cast timer arts, + slower than dirt weps, and a DPS group.
  8. ARCHIVED-DocEvil Guest

While hunting solo i usually have something around 170 .. sometimes a bit more .. and sometimes lower .. depending on jael and lanet ^^ And i'm using the german parser ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

Yeah Im not a huge fan of Wail of Woe for its damage, I guess its not hugely bad but I just use it alot for the interupts more then anything. Can probably get up a little higher without it but it just seems a pretty useful cast when the tanks reactives and wards are fading and the healers may need that slight amount of time to get back on cycle. Another thing, as mentioned in other posts and Im sure we all aware, your DPS gonna get somewhat gimped too as soon as you toss in another Dirge or 2 into the Raid and get all the overlaps. My guild is currently up to 4 Dirges and I can see a definate decline in my performance. Stay tuned for some negative posts on the "Would not take effect issues"!
  10. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Today at least it was mostly around 130-150, bought a pristine imbude Bow and pristine imbued Ebon body and leg-armor yesterday.
    I'm still not shure with the weapons .. it really seems that slower one oftener procs,, right ? testet a imbued dagger with the Dirge an my pants had more procs again green mobs then the weapon :( The Claymore of my level 27 Bersi did proc 5 as much .. so thats the reason why all prefer the slow ebon blade ?
  11. ARCHIVED-MiscreantPyro Guest

Yes slower is better. More time for arts in between. and procs better. Imbued bow with 7 seconds delay is something like a 66% chance to proc. My Jael's always procs. I need to parse some further evidence, but I think its true.
  12. ARCHIVED-Quizno Guest

EQ Companion works with EQ2? I used your link to check out the tool and found no references to it being usable with EQ2. Am I missing something? Arent the two games different enough in output that the same tool could not be used? Just curious.

Thanks,
  13. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Yeah, SOE wen't out and put a nice **** proc code in, dw weps proc less than a 1h/2h with the reason being you have 2 chances to proc, so in SOE theory, those 2 chances should equal out the chance of a single wep, also the formula for procs is factored in by the base delay and the % to proc. So if you're seeing for example 5% to proc, its not actually 5%, I forgot the actual formula.

On the slower wep deal, not only does it allow for higher chances to proc, but if you're in a haste group and have 2 leafblades, you're going to say a bigger advantage and actual use for haste, vs weps with a 1.2 delay; and for example a fighter swinging a RGF with 200% haste is going to be doing more damage with just autto-attack then most classes do with arts, I believe our ST was saying he swings for 500's in my group......
    Message Edited by Nobolis on 06-18-2005 07:29 AM
    Message Edited by Nobolis on 06-18-2005 07:30 AM

Edit:

I was kinda off on the proc deal, but heres the exact figures.

Actual proc rates on weapons depend on a ratio of the delay of the weapon and the displayed chance to proc. The actual chance to proc is:

(Weapon Delay / 3.0 Delay ) * Proc Percentage.

You can think of every procing weapon has having its proc percent chance to trigger every 3 seconds. That way, a longsword and a dagger will proc the same amount over time, even though a dagger may swing faster and yield a smaller proc chance per hit.

===========================

Jared Sweatt

EverQuest II Spells and Combat Designer
    Message Edited by Nobolis on 06-18-2005 08:11 AM
    Message Edited by Nobolis on 06-18-2005 08:11 AM
    Message Edited by Nobolis on 06-18-2005 08:14 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

See slowly but surely you're coming to the darkside, I told you it would get you!

As far as stacking goes, yeah it sucks, but I don't have to worry our other Dirge quit =/
  15. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

OMG [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] is up with my uber long post 0_0

Heres the cliff notes

Actual proc rates on weapons depend on a ratio of the delay of the weapon and the displayed chance to proc. The actual chance to proc is:

(Weapon Delay / 3.0 Delay ) * Proc Percentage.

You can think of every procing weapon has having its proc percent chance to trigger every 3 seconds. That way, a longsword and a dagger will proc the same amount over time, even though a dagger may swing faster and yield a smaller proc chance per hit.

===========================
    Jared Sweatt
    EverQuest II Spells and Combat Designer
  16. ARCHIVED-LsR^ Guest

I think Nobolis is just unable to play his char whining the Board

P.S. I dont think its the Job of a Dirge making the most ub0r dps in the raid. If the game was really that simple you would have a raid having 2 guardians 1 coercer 6 templar 6 warden and 11 furies for dps....
    Message Edited by LsR^ on 06-18-2005 10:28 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-CynicalOne Guest

I think to get an acurate picture of the usefulness of the Dirge rather than look at the Dirge's DPS let a group fight the same mob twice using the parcer program, once with the Dirge and once without. Time both battles, see if the Dirge reduces the time it takes for the entire group to kill the same mob and take note of the tanks health and the healers power when the fight is over. Then look at the DPS the Dirge contributed himself and factor both of these things together. The point is when they describe the Dirge to us the point of the class is that he makes the monsters less effective and the group more effective, that's our primary role. I think to look just at our DPS alone is not going to give an acurate depicition of our usefulness since we weren't intended to be the top DPS class. We're supposed to optomize everyone else's DPS. Just a thought, maybe I'm wrong on this.
  18. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Um no, I'm at Vox now =/
  19. ARCHIVED-Maakin Guest

Hi all,
    I am a bit disappointed in my dps, if what you are saying is true. First are you all level 50 dirges, I noticed that a few that responded here are, but not sure about all. I am level 47 now and have adept 3 in almost all offensive skills (Lanets, Jaels, Afflicted, Berevement, and Guttural). When I am in groups, I will usually hit the mobs with Jaels and Lanets while the tank is pulling to the group, then apply Claras, move into position in the rear and fight. My highest dps to date is 199 and I usually run in the 150 dps area. I use a bone rasor and a serrated bone dagger. I seem to be doing about the same damage overall as the tank (a few hundred hit points less per mob) but I am not sure how I will get to 250 dps ever. My agility and strength are both just a tad over 200 with my buffs on, I run Harls, Boon and Bria's. For those interested I use Combat Stats Monitor to parse the damage. Am I doing something wrong, or do I just need to wait until I level up to 50 ?
  20. ARCHIVED-Maakin Guest

I am 47 now and managed to go as high as 199 dps a few times, but my average is around 150 dps. Will 3 more levels make that much difference in my damage output. According to what I am reading, I sould be doing 250 dps or better when I reach level 50. Am I interpretinig this thread correctly ?