Parsed fights.

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Nalini, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Haha no, if you're lucky your average will be 200, with good gear.
  2. ARCHIVED-jarrettes Guest

yeah, dirge dps sucks, lower than tanks somehow. But combat changes will change that.
  3. ARCHIVED-ForsakenFyre Guest

man, average dps is like 110 =(. I'd love to even have 200. my equipment is pretty weak. i have an ebon crescent axe (thought i would get another for a leafblade but never came upon another) and the SBD with SSOY for backup slashing and waiting on another ebon for leafblade for backup piercing. I have no fabled gear. My str is at like 184 (197 with wailing illusion) and agi at like 264. I've been looking for some stuff to get me over 200 str with self buffs but I can't really find anything, and again I still have no fabled stuff whatsoever.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

Dont worry man, things will get better once you get some gears and such going. These same people you see who are talking about 200 DPS from a Dirge being too low and whatever had plenty of posts claiming 150 DPS was unimaginable. 200 DPS to them was completely absurd and everyone who claimed it was dillusional or liars. How soon we forget the posts of "show me every single finger click you made to achieve 150 DPS" and the other claims against the Dirges who were hitting the higher numbers as being complete liars. I guess some these guys maybe actually read some of the posts and figured it out and are now finding new things to complain about. I could come in here and claim Im doing 240 DPS tomorrow and I gaurantee the first post would be along the lines of "NO WAY you can do that, your insane". Then as soon as accumalated parses were shown the very next day the posts would read "Well 240 DPS is too low for a Dirge, you should be doing 280 easily!"
  5. ARCHIVED-DocEvil Guest

I remember the post claiming 200+ against raids on regular basis. I was one of the people that could not even closely belive that this is doable, and i learned that i was wrong. The problem is, it IS doable but it will never be for the casual dirge. The high dps seem to come from perfect gear (great DR, heavy procs) + really good optimised groups (attack speed) and just using very few CA's. Nalini, you are obviously gifted with the guild you are in :) but don't forget that the dirges in the "normal" guilds experience different things, and their reality is far far faaar away from yours ;)

Don't get me wrong, i don't think our dps suck .. i don't even care that much about how high or low my dps is, as i think it is my role to contribute through my buffs and debuffs, and i want them to make the diffrence. I'm still hoping that the day the combat revamp will come, our issues will be addressed, and i will not have the feeling of beeing just the worser troubadur anymore, but a "unique" valuable class, like most other classes hope ^^
  6. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

I will let you in on another little secret, seek classes with + dps buffs.....I'm not saying who, if you can't name one, I'm gonna cry =/
  7. ARCHIVED-DocEvil Guest

No need to cry little Nobby ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

Then again those same classes seek us out for a little more haste and some dps buffs also, perhaps even a little proc action and some mana flowing to keep the CA's going, so I guess we are not as bad off as one would have you think eh?
    Message Edited by Nalini on 06-21-2005 03:46 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

The only situation i really care about my DPS is when is farm solo mobs .. in groups or raids there are other things important. I really was smiling last week when our group went into bastion of flame without me (normally Guradian,Paladin,Templar,Illusionist,Dirge) and there was a fury instead of me .. and they had massive problems that day :p So don't look only onto your DPS .. look also how a group works with or without you ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

If I wasn't adding +8 I wouldn't be in the DPS group, a troub would be, if you weren't smart enough to pick Jonathans Whistling Warsong, you should probably just delete your char =/
  11. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

You do know that the haste on that doesnt stack with Rianas right? I wish I could actually check the stacking of the DPS bonus tho to confirm that too but owell, Im too noob to want that spell and should delete right now. I cant believe you would blow 2 Conc slots on a 1% DPS boost anyhow, how do you justify that? Even as whack as Tombs can be at times, I would highly think that even having that up and Brias would more then make up for that 2 slotter your playing. I would play Boons in a DPS party way before that spell, just the increased stats and better hit/miss ratio from melee as well as other attacks seems to me would benefit more. Nob you are sounding more and more going onto the positive side of the fence lately, are you ok? Your posts of Dirge usefulness is trully beginning to scare me and in a somewhat odd way Im beginning to think that you may be a little more happier in your new guild over there. But I shall not be fooled, you may fool the new readers with these posts you throw up lately, but I will always remember the old days here. I think I may actually cry...its like when your kid rides a bike for the first time without training wheels.
  12. ARCHIVED-Karlhanni Guest

So if I am going to calculate my chance to proc the formula would look like this?

5% chance to proc dmg spell
    2.1 delay weapon

(2.1 / 3) * 5 = 3.5% chance to proc

I know 5% is actually .05, but that makes the chance to proc .0035 which is obviously not right. Now does that formula apply to only to Dual Wield weapons? Or all weapons?
  13. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

All weapons. That's your chance to proc per swing/attack.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Sigh man you have no idea what you're talking about, warsong is +3 so in total you = 8+ dps, show_window mainhud.Character look for DPS kinda hard to miss :D

Boon doesn't do diddly for offesnisve trust me on this one...

Losing the 8 haste is worth it when you're allready hitting 200% haste haha.

DPS lineup
    Warsong
    Tombs
    Harls
    Open slot for brias*shudder/claras/slow

^^ setup in a +DPS group will make tanks swing for 500's with RGF sigh.

Yeah I'm happier in Malice, I don't have to go defesnive, gah that sucks.
  15. ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava Guest

I'm curious what training songs I should've taken along the way, given that I primarily raid, and am usually in the melee group.

When I chose Selo's as my level 40 training, I was not in a high level raiding guild.....so am thinking perhaps this was a mistake.

I have not used /respec with my Dirge yet.
  16. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

Nob whats the Haste on Warsong, is it even close to the 31% achievable on Rianas? For a lv20 trait I would estimate it around maybe 12%, maybe 15% max. Im still not buying the whole 1% DPS boost your getting being of much importance, perhaps you can take a little time to throw some of your parses up showing your fights also. If its a lv20 trait, Im sure you have had this song for a long time even back when you were posting about how god awful Dirge DPS was.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Sigh its 18% haste
    Riana's is 25% for me, not master1

Considering my group only loses 7% haste, for a .4 bonus to their DR, yeah I would say that 1% is >

The max DR I have seen so far on my Swiftblade is 35.9 :D

Oh and yes we do have god awful DPS, I never said my DPS was godly, I'm saying this setup makes your group wicked when stacked with other + DPS classes.
  18. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

Cool, seems as if you have the exact lock on what is needed for optimized DPS performance. Your like a shining beacon of knowledge for all Dirges, may your words of wisdom bring life upon all. Long gone are the days of saying "I can enter a party and not play a single buff and no one will ever notice". All hail the chief!
  19. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

You two are being silly. Nob: Boon most assuredly DOES have an affect on your output, if your weapons are not white con or lower (no scaling). Try it. You can see the base damage per swing increase when you pop up boon when using a weapon you have not already mastered. That said, I don't know how much it compares, but even 1 point of higher maximum is better than 1% DPS difference, unless you are doing more than 100 per swing. =)
  20. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

Boon(or at Least Lucky Break) also has an effect on what you can hit. I can tell you from experience fighting some reds in CT that I can't hit them for jack when I don't have Lucky Break up. When using Lucky Break and my lvl 10 training debuff Kelkarn's Opening Act, suddenly that hard to hit red feels like a typical yellow and I wail away on it.