Parsed fights.

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Nalini, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Erm I'm not being silly

Then again I don't imagine you have killed any of the revamped contested mobs either, I don't seem to have an issue with missing sigh.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

NO buffs
    [IMG]img>

Boon
    [IMG]img>

My setup
    [IMG]img>

If I had a cp for everytime I proved someone wrong, I would have 1000pp

Have a nice day
  3. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

So you got your base Damage Rating up somewhere around .4 with that Warsong, and hes saying something along the lines of your hit/miss ratio might be slightly better with Boon on. Not quite sure how exactly how your proving him wrong. Throwing a SS up of stats while your sitting in your room and not actually out fighting something proves nothing whatsoever. Maybe some data showing a hit/miss ratio with and without Boons on the same mob, and a average Damage ratio with and without Warsong could actually prove something.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

It doesn't I really don't care if I have to go to the depths of hell to prove to you that it doesn't improve using boon over my setup, you didn't want to believe fighters could parse over 390+ dps with just autto attack, you won't believe anything I say.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

You probably shouldnt make claims that your proving him wrong when you absolutely have not proven him wrong. And your absolutely correct, I barely ever believe a thing you say. Your past record has swayed me to believe you just like to run your mouth, when you start producing better and more accurate information then perhaps. Im still waiting for some info on these fighters you say that are routinely parsing 390+ dps, heaven forbid the 600+ claims. Does that mean I dont have any slight beliefs on this, prolly not, I would just prefer to see some better laid out proof when you run your mouth.
  6. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Actually, I didn't make the claim about the hit miss ratio (though that's affected as well). Nob: That's the first time I've seen Boon NOT raise a base damage value when it was running. Did you leave the same display window up without refreshing it after casting boon? I only say this because I did LITERALLY the same test (though not with a prismatic, I don't have it yet) before I posted when I was level 49 and still HAD a yellow weapon. The exact same test, and got damage values out of it.

EDIT: My test may have been flawed, or I was a moron... weapon skill values may ONLY affect to-hit numbers. It would still be of overall DPS value against very high level mobs, since missing faster is still missing (as is missing harder...) but I can admit to being wrong.
    Message Edited by Godstalk on 06-24-2005 04:54 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

I'm sorry but with the current game system raising your skills and lowering your opponents skills is > all. People are amazed at the things I can take on. I was tanking better than a beserker friend last night in a group(yes he is a good palyer and yes he does have good gear). He was getting mowed down fast by a yellow ^^ named caster mob. His resists were about the same as mine, slightly lower but not enough to matter that much. What made the difference? Well my group buffs and mob debuffs gave him the same advantage I had except for one thing. I swapped out a few pieces of gear for ones with spell avoidance, defense, parry etc... I could debuff the mob by 5 skill and raise my group's skill by 7, that's an effective 12 skill difference for the beserker. However because of my gear I had another 3 points of spell avoidance, more defense, parry etc... That means I had more avoidance than him and was effectively a higher level, enough to make that mob blue to me but white to him. Since then I have convinced him to go get some skill ajusting gear. Skills > All. :smileyhappy:
  8. ARCHIVED-ForsakenFyre Guest

thing is, other classes get nearly identical buffs too. and the higher level you get, the more useless our spells become because they scale horribly. for example 6 regen was ok at level 8. 16 regen at level 50 is [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing ridiculous. when you get to 50, you're tanking abilities will be NOWHERE near the tanking abilities of fighters and yet they'll still do as much damage as ypu (most of the time, more), still get to bring lots of great buffs to the table, and tank while we get mediocre buffs, mediocre damage, and can't tank.
  9. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

The tanking I am talking about now is high 30's low 40's. I played a fury to the same level and I can already tell you that Dirge is scaling much better than my fury ever did. My DPS has increased much better with levels than my heals ever did with my Fury. Plus I don't really care if some other classes can do stuff better than I do. They can't do everything I can do and I'm not one of those unrealistic people who thinks I should be able to do nearly everything and do it better than everyone else. Could we better? Yeah we could. Do we have some broken or poorly scaled spells? Yeah we do. Do we suck? I don't think so. I can still do my primary jobs of providing DPS, buffing and debuffing my group to help them overcome harder obstacles plus scout out targets and provide a quick escape if needed. As a 38+ fury I could not do my primary job of healing and keeping my party alive very well. And I had all AD3/Master1 heals/buffs.
  10. ARCHIVED-JNewby Guest

hah.... I have a lvl 50 dirge with 2 masters and rest apt 3... and I could only dream for a parse like that..... obviously useing the same line up as you do....
  11. ARCHIVED-JNewby Guest

I have seen a zerker do about 650 dps... and I have seen bruisers get to about 500 dps.... and I have seen troubs and dirges consistntly do about 70-130....
  12. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

Can you SS the parse or if possible get me a link where these parses can be seen at, if in the future you can get a hold of that. I have never once seen a zerker do 650 DPS on raid content and it would be interesting to analyze, thanks. Seen some nice numbers when they had the "blow up the entire zone in one cast" spell, but not since.
  13. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

WOW! I just parsed my last 2 fights and turns out Im averaging 496 DPS. As the sarcasm dies down Ill quietly sit back and wait for the requests from YOU for my proof.
  14. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Haha, I think it's only fair to ask for 400+ DPS proof... we asked the same of you when you were talking about 200+. =)
  15. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

Hehe ya, thats kind of my issue with claims. While back when some Dirges would pop thru the forums and claim that 200 dps was achievable all heck would break loose and demands were made for proof. Now many have seen its obviously possible. Even on there own toons they see it due to perhaps trying new things, upgraded spells, new weapons, or whatever the case may be. Somehow the days of 200 dps being un-achievable has turned into a battle of saying, well 200 dps sucks cause fighters are doing 600 dps! Which is fine if you want to address that issue, but if people are going to make claims it would be beneficial to provide some additional info. I trully try not to rule out what people say, and give the benefit of doubt to them, and in a gathering info type of way would really just like to see solid proof before I just automatically believe peoples claims of these 400, 500 and 600 dps claims. I want to know the situations involved, the target, the party set up, the catering to HO's to one member, ect. I mean like if I strictly made a party tricked out to my needs, tossing me tricksters grasp over and over and lucky enough to pop a few past's awakening, fighting a mob completely **** to mental attacks and my weapon styles, you best believe a huge DPS parse can be made. This is whats crosses my mind when I see these claims, and it would be nice to rule out flukes from something that may be trully an everyday legitamate parsing from a class.
  16. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

As a person with a berserker and a dirge (40 dirge and 50 zerker) I can agree with the principles you are talking about, but zerkers can do the same.
    My zerker has stances he gets throughout his carreer as well as parry buffs. He has a buff called unflinching will that ups his defense by 12 (5 higher than my dirge can) and also has a buff called weapon shield (also a training version that's better) to up his parry by 11. So as a tank, he does do better than the dirge does. That's without any fancy equipment to raise those skills.
    I do know a few zerkers who refuse to use those skills because they lower your offensive skills by 4, but when I run tides of war, it's raised by 11 already, so I'm not too worried about 4 loss of offensive skills for that 12 bonus. Stick a dirge with the group and his defense stacks with the dirges buffs.
    Sadly it seems few tanks realize how important defense is. I've used my dirge as tank in groups and succeeded better than many tanks. Knowledge is power.
  17. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

It's the ability to stack all that needs to be fixed heh. Insane.