our dps sucks, bad

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-jarrettes, Apr 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-jarrettes Guest

Wow, first off, you are completely missing the point. The solo mobs you solo are probably green or grey and there is no way it's easy for you. Are you saying you tank as well as a monk or a guardian or an sk?
  2. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

Of course their green group mobs. But I don't see a huge bunch of tanks soloing blue mobs. At level 48 I can solo lvl 42 (green) group mobs without taking a hit, lvl 43 group mobs taking a few hits, and sometimes lvl 44 group mobs taking a good deal more hits (usually depends on where they are at and if its a doubleup vs a group of them). That's about the same range as my paladin friend can safely solo. This is all by tanking the mob for the most part. Might be able to take a lvl 45 if I just tried to kite it.
    Message Edited by Havlen on 04-27-2005 07:39 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Shoot, kiting changes the whole ballgame for soloers. I have succesfully kited yellow heroic group mobs as a dirge now (took some practice).

Regardless, again, Jarrettes, you foist upon us some list of DPS order, which hasn't been approved by anyone at SOE (or even on THIS board), who makes the damned game. I don't care what you THINK the order of DPS should be. I don't give a rats [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]. I DO care that our Debuffs should stack up to a percecive lack of DPS... that's the one point in this whole damned thread where you said something I might agree with, but you make it sound like fixing our dps would fix that... NO. Fix the purpose of the class, which IS focused around buffing and debuffing. THEN, MAYBE take alook at our dps. Maybe.

Everyone agrees we have broken aspects of our class. The point here is that moving our DPS up would not fix us. Where do you want to put us? Right under Swashbucklers? How much under? How much under are we now? What qualifies as DPS? Are you counting AE damage into that mix and if so, how? Should some classes be better at taking down a single target (focused output) or be better at dropping a whole group, but taking longer (lower dps per mob, higher overall) to do so?
    What the hell are youy using for your metrics?

Who made you god of class positioning??
  4. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Orgingrinder Guest

Ever notice that sometimes you'll hear in group, "wow, i just broke my previous high hit"? That's because of you. Dirges make everyone hit more and harder, plain and simple. Now, if you want to talk about raid dps, I can push about 150 - 175 normally... wether it's drakotas / instances, whatever 150 - 175 is not an issue. That's also in tank group. I'd imagine a dirge in a group with a berzerker, an inquisitor, an enchanter, and two shadow knights, that group dps on a raid would be about 1400 or so. Dirges dps would be lower than the other two melee and the berzerker but would still top 240 i bet. I'm yet to try this, but am almost certain it would be the case.
    Dirges aren't suppose to be "uber dps" they can provide some dps, but in essence they make everyone else do gobbs more dps. With Riannas and Harls alone you up the dps of your group by 7%, which transfers into roughly 2 - 3 damage rating, per person in your group. Add in Zandors Choral Rebuff and Clacaphony and everyone on raid is doing a lot more damage than normal. Dirges do not show up on parsers because you cannot parse debuff and direct result from debuffs. If you could, dirges would out dps anyone in game, and by a lot.
  6. ARCHIVED-jarrettes Guest

And it shall be done. Face.

Message Edited by jarrettes on 05-04-2005 06:30 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Dork. I already posted that. Also the caveat that that doesn't mean that BARDS will still do more than, say, monks. He was and is only giving generalities.

EDIT: more!
    Message Edited by Godstalk on 05-04-2005 07:49 AM