One Character keeps gettign sent to Character Selection

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Idaho Iksar, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Make it two characters... my L38 Ratonga Beastlord, TS100 Jeweler, gets kicked out moments of loading in.

Had made a new Kerran BL earlier, was having some serious lag issues but then seemed to clear up for a bit. Still had 4 to 8 second lag, but was playable. Swapped over to the Iksar BL, kept getting sent to Select Character. Thought for sure the L38 Tonga BL would not of been affected, sadly he is. :(
  2. Zalabus New Member

Having the same issue with my lvl 100 beastlord on Maj'dul. My other characters are fine.
    Gaviana likes this.
  3. Gaviana New Member

Same here, Also on Maj'Dul
  4. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Tonight's patch didn't do a thing other than kick me to Character Selection quicker.

Both Adv100/TS100 Iksar & Adv38/TS100 Ratonga BL get sent packing in mere seconds of loading.
    Recent Kerran BL, Adv36/TS0 is being affected as well. He was created just last night, was playing him 6 hours ago without a hitch, but now he's been affected. cannot even stay in long enough to do a /bug report.
  5. Agee Member

Have not experienced any similar issue with any other class other than Beastlord - When I log in a BL, lag goes through the roof with crashing to character select following about 30s after logon
    Have successfully logged in and played every other class, but none of my BL's will stay online (except when I swap to high speed internet which I can't use long for gaming due to quota limits- but even on that link, Lag is still present but alt was "playable")

Judging by comments seems many other BL's experiencing same issue

Agee (Thurgadin Server)
  6. Faillen Member

This is getting stranger and stranger.

I was able to login my BL using a faster mobile internet connection. I stripped him off all maintained spells, including warder and shrink warder.

After that I was able to login him in with my slower normal connection. He stayed in game for about a minute now before he dropped back to char select.

During this time latency slowly went up tick by tick, dropped a bit, continuosly went up again and then back to char select.

Tried it again with pet up.... drop back to char select within seconds.

Well at least I now can stay on long enough to either harvest my house plant or pickup ascension scroll ;)
    Idaho Iksar likes this.
  7. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Interesting... was able to see 5 minutes of the game doing that, clicking everything off, including diety buff and mount. Soon as I started loading buffs the latency went up drastically, but came down some. When I summoned the warder was at 586K latency!
    Took a bit to dismiss the warder, then latency dropped to the 256K and and stayed - then shot down to character select.

The timer for my main BL'S house plant & ascension scrolls are all off.
  8. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Logged back in, again. Ping was 167, latency was only 42K -- thought for sure I was good. Nope. Back to Character Select.
  9. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Well, logged into today with no buffs on, typed out a reply on [Bug] Can't login my Beastlord when in the GH. Latency was really low, so figured would cast buffs and see if there was a change.

Cast Bristlebane Diety Buff/Pet, Pathfinding, Savage Ruin, Chilling Claws buffs, saw slight increases to Latency. Cast Feral Stance, saw a sudden shock in latency, slowly came down. Soon as I casted the Bear pet, BAM! Shot down at Select Character screen.

Once back in I quickly hit all the buffs to remove them, but latency past 300K. Was able to stay logged in for about 2 minutes. Did get the ascension scroll when initially logged in, got to GH. Now even made it to Housing yet. /sigh

If this were a bandwidth issue, all of my characters would be affected. However... I can play these without being kicked to Character Select:

100/100 Ranger
    100/100 Shadowknight
    100/100 Warden
    100/55 Fury
    50/100 Bruiser
    58/100 Defiler
    47/0 Assassin
    100/36 Coercer
    100/100 Monk
    100/29 Conjuror
    82/100 Swashbuckler
    36/4 Brigand
    100/57 Dirge
    36/3 Necromancer

.... However, I cannot play ....
    100/100 Beastlord
    38/100 Beastlord

.... Was able to play ....
    36/0 Beastlord that was created Friday, up until Saturday at early evening. Got home and he was no longer playable, again sent to Character Selection.

Have a lot of expansion timelines to do on the others, but in the meantime I like to be able to do ascension leveling and Shadeweave Bud (housing) harvesting on my mains on a daily basis too.

So much for someone bandwidth issue, and I don't stream - everything was downloaded & assets are validated daily.

The one class that I play and enjoy 98% the time I cannot play as of January 5th's Patch. Now if this would of affected more of the population, and/or other classes, am sure DBG would of rolled back the patch to see what was up, But since it's only a few of us Beastlords am guessing that naked mercenaries take a higher priority?
  10. Idaho Iksar Active Member

11. Idaho Iksar Active Member

In-Game Latency Meter is about 250K to363K peak, so far, with buffs and pet out in the GH. Waiting to see how long I can stay logged in after performing the linked Audio Lag Reduction:

• Open Regedit
    • Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
    • There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10 (mine was 47); set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
    • Reboot

Contemplating this Reduce game network latency in Windows 7 or Vista idea...
  12. Idaho Iksar Active Member

So far it's working! :D Not had to perform the second idea yet.

Am in OF running around doing stuff. Latency is around 98K to 256K, Ping 112, no lost packets.
  13. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Still having a few seconds lag, like on A Goblin Nightmare it takes a few seconds to pick up a goblin and to await a quest advancement on each goblins return. So the underlying issue is still there.
  14. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Well, I finally got booted to character select screen, midflight.

Yup, the bug is still there. Was logged in for maybe a whole minute the second time. Got sent to Character Selection again. It's almost like something is lying in wait, yet not running all the time. Weird.
  15. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Logged in, lagging, but ping and latency were normal - packet loss was 12 to 32 this time. Soon as I called out a pet I was frozen, went to Feral stance and was booted.
  16. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Seems I'm okay, to a point, as long as I'm not in a stance nor have a warder. Break that chains and I'm back looking at Character Selection. So now am a Beastless Merclord. :(
  17. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Logged on and was getting sent to character select as usual. Then just for kicks I went Anon & Role. Guess what? Latency is under 1K. Haven't gotten booted to Character Select yet.

However, going to a stance or calling a warder the latency shot back upwards past 300K. Thing we're being pinged/robed to death. and if not sows as a Beastlord whatever it is sees Warders and/or our stances. Speculation of course, but why would hiding under Anonymous & Roleplay make a difference??
  18. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Another interesting point is when one summons a warder and/or goes into a stance, latency on my end shot up to 460K. Cancelling the warder and stance did not reduce the latency by much, but rezoning (Twark Transport Totem) reset the latency. And once again I returned to under 1K. Was a few times i has spikes of 10K but they did not last long.

Summoning a warder and/or going into either stance mode sure shot whatever is pinging/tracking us. So once again am running around as a Beastless Merclord. :(
  19. Idaho Iksar Active Member

And talking in General Chat also seems to attract higher latency - in which I get booted to CS. Is weird.
  20. Leobald New Member

Just made a new character and am already experiencing this... ... ... I haven't touched this game since Fae's were first added, so good to be back.
    It does appear to be a MASSIVE Latency issue.