[BUG] Can't login my Beastlord

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Faillen, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Faillen Member

Since Thursday patch I am unable to login my Beastlord. Before the zone completely loads he always drops back to character select. I can immeadiately try again with the same result. I see the ping going up steadily when I log him in and then back to char select.
    When I now try to login another toon, I get the usually message that I have a character in the worlds etc...

I do not have this problem with any other character on same account that I tried.

The really strange thing is:

I have a quite crappy internet connection and when I tried to log that toon in via a mobile internet connection, which in my case is actual faster, I didn't have any problems and could play the toon. Because of limited data volume on the mobile connection that is unfortunately no permanent solution.

Tried deleting the ui settings for him, but no change. Except map I only use standard UI.

Any suggestions ?
    Raeven and Idaho Iksar like this.
  2. Raeven Well-Known Member

My husband is having the exact same problem. We do not have a better internet connection to test it on, although he did say he managed to play for a bit in the wee hours of the morning, when there was less internet traffic so our speed was probably better then.
  3. Gaviana New Member

I'm having the same issue with my BL on Maj'Dul server. :(

-Gaviana
  4. martinear New Member

Same issue with my main character BL on Hall of Fate. And because I logged out at GH, so that every time i tried to log in, the guildees in GH will be kicked offline, now they ask me to stay out until the bug is fixed. The question is, when?
  5. Rahfnha New Member

i had the same problem myself. I completed the complete patch download rather than download as I go and it fixed it so if you are downloading as you go. you might try just take a break and complete the patch downloads via patcher
  6. Faillen Member

If you where using the streaming download (I think the Steam version of the game uses this), it might have used up so much of your bandwith, that you fell into the category of slow internet So naturally you did have your full bandwith available when you played after complete download. That would be in line with the observation that the bug only haunt players with slow internet.

Unfortunately nothing but relocation will give me a faster net, at least not with a flat rate.
  7. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Let's debunk that bandwidth issue. Have 56K at present, 6K latency (yellow) with 157 Ping (blue). If this was a bandwidth issue the Ping would be 48K, Lost packets would be near 47K (terminal red), but Latency is the term used to indicate any kind of delay that happens in data communication over a network.

If this were a bandwidth issue, all of my characters would be affected. However... I can play these without bing kicked to Character Select:

100/100 Ranger
    100/100 Shadowknight
    100/100 Warden
    100/55 Fury
    50/100 Bruiser
    58/100 Defiler
    47/0 Assassin
    100/36 Coercer
    100/100 Monk
    100/29 Conjuror
    82/100 Swashbuckler
    36/4 Brigand
    100/57 Dirge
    36/3 Necromancer

.... However, I cannot play ....
    100/100 Beastlord
    38/100 Beastlord

.... Was able to play ....
    36/0 Beastlord that was created Friday, up until Saturday at early evening. Got home and he was no longer playable, again sent to Character Selection.

Have a lot of expansion timelines to do on the others, but in the meantime I like to be able to do ascension leveling and Shadeweave Bud harvesting on my mains on a daily basis too.

So much for someone bandwidth issue, and I don't stream - everything was downloaded & validated.

Logged into game: With no buffs on save the CE mount, was sitting in GH all the while I types the above out. Casted buffs, saw slight increases to Latency. Soon as I casted the Bear pet, BAM! Now at Select Character.
    Scottyxlr8 likes this.
  8. Grouchey New Member

Same issue with my BL. Gets booted to character select at random times. Some times zoning in to GH, other times just running along in a zone. Not happening to my other 8 lvl 100 toons.
  9. Andarta Member

I started getting this issue with my BL in the last hour. Currently unplayable as it happens so quickly upon logging in.
  10. Maadb Member

I can tradeskill on my beasty as long as i ditch all buffs and pet. But still get kicked every 20 min. Almost a week now. No word from Devs?
  11. Shmogre Well-Known Member

From Bunji in another thread:
    Adevil likes this.
  12. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Let's hope there will be a fix. I get bored playing any other class.