One Character keeps gettign sent to Character Selection

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Idaho Iksar, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Got home last night, logged into game, logged onto main and had just got coin from the Banker (inside GH) and was sent to character selection. Thought this was odd. Reset my end of router and NIC card.

Logged back into game on secondary alt, and did quests and stuff, not a lick of problem, Using the internet meter (F11), Ping was nominal (blue), Lost Packets was low or none (red), and Latency was it's usual self of 256 to 5K (yellow).
    Camped over to main, and noticed latency was 256K (256,000) to nearly 580K at which time she would get sent to character selection.

Exited game, permanently deleted all the cache & assets files. Deleted the character text & log files. Restarted game, got in, and again latency shot from 256K to over 1M. At this point I was taking screen shots. Shot back down to character selection.

Randomly logged onto 17 different alts, although not all of them, and even the one with The Winter King, and the alts were able to be played and not once kicked to character selection.

Over and over I was trying my main, and Iksar Beastlord, and most the time could see the game for maybe 20 seconds and the latency would spike, and shot back down to character selection. Gave up for the night at 3:30AM

Hoped the patch would of fixed whatever the issue was. Again deleted all of the cache, asset, log, and text files, even deleted Chrome. Validated the game files, Chrome was reinstalled, and was back in the game. However the issue with my main, the one I play the most kept getting sent to Character Selection.
    Many times I log her in and her character would not even load before being shot back to Character Selection.

Over and over I tried. Had a few moments that looked good, was 256K to 385K latency (yellow) and I zoned her around, which took a few seconds to load - obviously. Thought for sure I solved the problem as the latency was reduced, around 128K. Was doing good, though perhaps .... bam! Back to character selection.

The other alts and new characters I made are doing just fine, it's that one character (the main) that cannot stay in the game very long before being shot back to character selection. Had even gotten yesterday's Save the Emperor and Outdoors OF deleted, gotten anew, but that didn't help.

Sent in a petition over 12 hours ago with no reply as of yet. I have plenty of screen shots with seriously high latency if is needed, along with comparative screen shots showing nominal latency. Why would ONE CHARACTER have such high latency?!?

Oh, and changed passwords twice last night in case the game or account was being hacked. Was overdue to change the password anyhow.

PS: A few others on the Skyfire server had sent me tells they had similar issues that started last night as well.
    Zalabus and Gaviana like this.
  2. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Was kicked out to character selection 3x after started Obulus Frontier Public Quest, but managed to complete it somehow. Was unable to use the broker in OF1. Called to GH, was able to access it, but had 300K latency on this one character the entire time.
  3. Idaho Iksar Active Member

And now it's happening again... :( Sad lizard
  4. Faillen Member

Raeven likes this.
  5. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Aye, my Iksar Beastlord is the only one found to be affected thus far. Rarrum, a friend, doesn't appear to be having the issue.
  6. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Hope it's not an issue with too many Beastlords online at one time...
  7. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Still can't log her in.

Off to work, if I & car survive the frigid temperatures.
  8. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Receiver a reply from the petition... n good news as of yet. Wished they could clone a BL that I can use with a different name as I'm the Armorer of my alts. Guess I could make a temporary 95 and see if I could do anything in the PQs, but really chafes my scales that I can't play my beloved Iksar Beasty...

Raeven likes this.
  9. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Had to write out a bug report in Notepad, and the title so I could do the /bug thing. Got booted to Character Selection about a dozen times in half an hour. Enough to make one's scales turn grey.
    Raeven likes this.
  10. Idaho Iksar Active Member

WTB 1/5/16 Patch Reversal
  11. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Was making a set of Twark Chainmail for a temporary alt idea I had, got kicked. Came back, not I have no recipes in my Tradeskill Book - all vanished!
  12. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Made a temporary 95 heroic BL, a Kerran, and latency & ping were normal, using the same UI template as my main BL. Wa able to get around and do things normally. Normal latency & ping.

Must be a level 100 Beastlord thing? Mine already has her mythical class, her and Rarrum got them the same time. And she uses them as appearance weapons. Was just about to reach ascension level 5 too, this this malarkey occurred... /grr
  13. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Has to be some sort of tracking or ping hack, targeting level 100 Beastlords. Swapped to an alt, saw the 125K latency suddenly drops to 164. When I camped back over to my Bl latency shot back up to 465K latency - the yellow bar graph using F11.
  14. Agee Member

happening with all my Beastlords - all other classes are fine - but Beastlords the lag goes through the roof and about 20-30s after log in am crashing to char select - have been able to quickly run to house exit and exited to Qeynos before crash but issue continues in Qeynos (ie: issue appears to be not related to zone)

Issue started yesterday - is there something unique re beastlord that is sucking up bandwidth? -
    tested using a faster internet connection (can't use this for gameplay as it has limited data quota) and was able to stay in game (but could still see occasional signs of "lag" eg NPC's jumping from one position to another , and Hails taking upto 10s to say "Hail"

Am strongly noting: issue is with Beastlord Alts only - have logged into every other class and not replicated issue on any of them.. but without high speed dedicated internet connection, am unable to keep a beastlord logged in more than 20-30s before they go Linkdead and crash to character select

p.s am on Thurgadin Server

Update:
    Reading back i see issue may be impacting L100 Beastlords (all my Beastlords are L100 so i did not testlower level)

Agee
  15. Raeven Well-Known Member

Not just level 100 Beastlords. My husband has a new toon, a Beastlord level 47 which he made about a week ago. Having the same issue, being thrown to Character Select after about 1 minute of play time.

He was having a similar issue with his L100 Necromancer a few days ago. The Necro is ok now, but the Beastlord is essentially un-playable.
  16. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Am wondering if this has anything to do with the in-game census stuff. Or, the EQ2 Players Updating. As my main does not have EQ2 Players Updating enabled, yet the temporary BL does have sharing enabled by default and is not having an issue with latency or ping.

Enabled EQ2 Sharing, Camped to herself. Latency climbed from 26K on alt to 380K on main, now averaging 300K latency. Still getting booted to Character Selection screen.
  17. Moorefallen Active Member

I am not sure this is just a beast lord problem,, On my INQ last night i had the same issue massive lag and kicked to char select repeatedly my other grp mates reported massive lag during the time as well, Not sure of the exact issues but it did make the game unplayable.
  18. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Swapped out the temp BL, made a new BL in its stead, and hitting 300K latency at level 1. And kicked.

Sure hope accounts aren't being hacked into. I have a low connection, always have since I started playing an eon ago. Have even played EQ2 on both a 1K connection without a hitch. Currently a 6.5K connection. Have an WiFi NIC utility that tells me of lost packets, send/receive, % of lost packets, etc. Mostly clear on my end, and have even played GW2 on this no problem.

Of course when I do get kicked I run a:
    So can log back in as I get a message I have a character already in the world. Is either flush the connection or wait.
  19. Rarrum Active Member

I can log in.. but lag is really bad.

Also had a weird thing happen once: I crashed once during the raid yesterday zoning... when I logged back in I was in Antonica (??) and half my equipped gear was gone and moved to overflow. When I tried to put it back on it said I needed to be a member to do that. Which I am. So I relogged.. was able to re-equip all my gear then. But my crit bonus was like 2000 instead of 4000. Swapping AA specs then back fixed that fortunately.

I'm not even going to try playing this weekend outside of raids, where I'm just going to heal, because the lag combined with broken-ish positional attacks has effectively broken the class (see my post on savagery regen in the scout forums, it's way past that threshold). I'm not sure why they didn't just rollback friday's busted patch.. it's kind of silly to leave the game like this all weekend.
    Idaho Iksar likes this.
  20. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Why is it though that only some characters have high latency issues? Swap to another alt and the connection is 167 ping & 170 latency. Swap over to a BL and the latency shoots up to 6 digits. Swap back and the latency subsides to normalcy.

Something is fishy. If one was experiencing high latency or ping it should be across the board, not just specific characters on one's account. Yet see other BL running and they have no issues. Been sitting here in GH on newer Necromancer and not been kicked yet; latency at 170, ping at 176.

Swapped over to level 1 BL, 137K latency, 132 ping.
    Camped over to newer Assassin, latency went from 137K, to 64K to, 1K, then stopped at 267. Ping 167
    Camped to L100 Monk, latency was 16K and dropped to 150. Ping 176
    Camped back over to L100 BL, from 332 latency, grew to 24K on load, and kicked to character selection.
    Flushed internet cache, logged to L100 Ranger, 250 latency on load, bouncing between 160 to 332 latency. Ping at 149
    Camped back over to L100 BL, 164 latency on camp-out of Ranger, loaded to 284K latency, called to GH where other alts were save new BL which is in New Halas, arrive in GH at 374K latency, steady 320K latency, climbing to 391K, ping is under 200. pecked to 609.5K. Ping at 119.

At which point I ran a Trace Route:
    Tracing route to www.daybreakgames.com [64.37.171.63] over a maximum of 30 hops:
    5 16 ms 14 ms 12 ms ae2.mpr1.boi2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.129.57]
    6 36 ms 27 ms 84 ms ae1.mpr2.sea1.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.31.16]
    7 30 ms 26 ms 34 ms ae27.cs2.sea1.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.29.2]
    8 39 ms 26 ms 29 ms 64.125.29.105
    9 30 ms 29 ms 28 ms xe-10-3-0.edge2.seattle3.Level3.net [4.68.63.129]
    10 58 ms 62 ms 79 ms ae-1-4.bar1.LasVegas1.Level3.net [4.69.133.109]
    11 67 ms 62 ms 103 ms ae-1-4.bar1.LasVegas1.Level3.net [4.69.133.109]
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    The rest timed out to 30.

Was about the same on other alts, so must be a server-side issue?